Ulkesh's LPC update

Okay guys, I have been working on my vow (honest!) but haven't found the time to do much in the way of pictures & updates, so here's the first update on my assault marines. I have actually finished them now, but haven't taken any photos of the finished article yet. There's not much for you to C&C here, as I do most of my painitng on the sprues (& my crappy camera has given my paint job a much brighter tone that you just don't get "in person".

Anyhoo, here are the first pictures:

Helmets:

gallery_45142_4574_96141.jpg

Bodies, legs & bases:

gallery_45142_4574_48605.jpg

I'll persevere with my camera as the updates roll on & hopefully get some better pictures up soon.

• 2 weeks later...

Second update...

Here are the pictures of the finished Assault Squad (yes, I know I've not done the kneepad squad marking - this is because until I get my mitts on the new codex I don't know if they'll still be a squad of 5 or if they'll be joining with my other 5-man squad).

Sergeant & trooper:

gallery_45142_4574_31001.jpg

Other 3 guys:

gallery_45142_4574_66803.jpg

I might be deluding myself, but I think that these photos are clearer than the others. Daylight - flash = win!

Rhino is still in (partly-painted) pieces, but I hope to have a pic or two uploaded tomorrow.

Yeah i prefer daylight for my pics. They just seem so much better :D

But good work, we'll take your word for it :wub:

I've never worked with yellow (not brave enough) but are you going to give it a wash to give more depth? Good luck with the rest of your Vow.

Thanks for the replies & comments, guys. I agree that the yellow helms lack depth, but I'm a novice when it comes to using the washes. How would you advise I use them? Splash it on all over, or use it like thinned paint around the edges?

In the meantime, work continues on the Rhino:

Unassembled bits & pieces:

gallery_45142_4574_82051.jpg

Front, lights & aquila:

gallery_45142_4574_3884.jpg

Internal details:

gallery_45142_4574_40125.jpg

More internal details:

gallery_45142_4574_84027.jpg

So far, I've only done the main blocks of paint. Once I've put the body together I'll make an attempt at shading & highlighting (& I'll put the turrets & smoke launchers on, too).

All done!

Completed Rhino:

gallery_45142_4574_12408.jpg

gallery_45142_4574_42879.jpg

gallery_45142_4574_23818.jpg

gallery_45142_4574_65899.jpg

gallery_45142_4574_62245.jpg

And completed vow "group shot":

gallery_45142_4574_76823.jpg

In real life, the red is not quite as bright & there are Blazing Orange highlights on both the marines & the Rhino, but I can't see the on my photos (& I know where to look... :D

I have absolutely no illusions about winning Golden Demons, but I do want to improve, so please feel free to pass on any suggestions you may have.

Oh, they don't have jump packs :lol: Sorry?

On the plus side, they look real good togethor :yes:;)

Hi Skirax,

Thanks! No, these guys don't have jump packs - I think I'm going to merge them with my other non-JP squad & deep strike them in a Land Raider. In smaller games, they'll run as a five man squad in a razorback.

Archived