Unnamed Chapter - Help needed!

Dosjetka

Hello folks! <_<

Ok, so now, once again, I'm going head-first into the world of DIY chapters. I have changed Chapter (the previous ones being the Obsidian Fists, White Ravens and Sons of Demetos) and have come back with new ideas. So, I want an assault orientated chapter, but I don't want to use C:BA and I don't want my chapter to descend from them (I like the BA but I just don't want a successor BA chapter. There is plenty of them already and there will be more!). I don't know from which gene-seed they will come from, but I doubt that it will be Dorn's or Khan's or Johnson's as they are not really jump pack assault type chapters (and I'm not very keen on Khan and Johnson's Chapters).

So, I've written a bit of core info on my Chapter and I am asking you all for a bit of help to expand upon this core. Any ideas are welcome but they may not be followed!

Cheers,

Luke

DO NOT READ BEFORE POST # 20!!!

Beliefs

The Astartes of <insert chapter name> have utter respect for their fellow Brother-Librarians as they have time and time again shown their worth and trust in countless battles. One of these powerful warriors transported himself, along with a squad of five veterans in Tactical Dreadnought armour, through the Warp to the heart of the Ork horde that the <insert chapter name> battle force was facing, killing the Warlord and his bodyguard only hours after the beginning of the battle. This is one of numerous examples where psykers, though feared by most people, including Astartes, have proven that their duties lie with the Emperor and His Imperium. For this reason alone, the brothers of <insert chapter name> shun all other Chapters who distrust or hate psykers and it has brought heated disscussionswhere it could have been avoided.

Combat Doctrine

The <insert chapter name> base their tactics on lightning attacks accomplished by Assault Squads to destroy/exterminate key elements in the opposing force.

They are reknowned throughout the Segmentum <…> for their ferocious and devastating assaults.

The <insert chapter name> oppose themselves to guerrilla warfare as think that the only way to truly defeat an enemy is to cut him down before you. They will only use guerrilla tactics when the situation requires it and when no other tactic can be utilised.

Battlecry

The leader of the battle group, if no Chaplain is present, will scream over the din of battle:

“Sing Brothers! Death’s chorus is with us!”

To which his brothers will reply:

“May He guide our hammers!”

If I'm not mistaken there were foundings before and after the Age of Apostasy, but most likely not during.

The timeline at the top of the forum supports this - the 21st founding was just before the AoA, and the 22nd is suggested to be the response to it.

Might be better to have your guys listed as the 21st or 20th founding, depending on if you're after a curse or not. :D

Oh yeah, and welcome back to the Liber. :tu:

Logic would suggest 22nd, perhaps make their CM a former Captain who lived through the AoA, maybe even wanted to take action but his Chapter wouldn't allow it?

Could create a Chapter doctrine of never allowing inaction to bring harm to the people of the Imperium. Come to think of it, that could even be a two edged sword, making them headstrong, occasionally causing more problems than they solved because they leapt before they looked?

Better. ;)

I'd post something more solid, but it's hard to write more than one word when talking about one word's difference. :)

Looking forward to the rest of the IA, anyway.

:D Yeah, I'm really dedicated this time ;) (hm...I said that last time too ;) )

The Obsidian Fists...have white fists and black armor.

What the hell is wrong with you, boy? :P

Their Chapter insignia is a black clenched fist...:lol:

@The Normish: Awkward? In what way? As for theme....I thought of going a bit greco-german.

Greco-German? An unusual combination, to say the least.

Maybe I misstated myself. I meant that the colors clash a little. Notably the blue and black. Perhaps gold, red, or bright green?

Hello again! ;)

Many traditions native to Tenaris have been impregnated into the Chapter, creating a very strong bond between Astartes and Tenarii.

I do not think that 'impregnated' works in the way you are using it. Sounds like some genestealer has had it's way with your chapter's belief systems.

How about...

Many traditions native to Tenaris have been adopted into the Chapter's catechisms, jargon and procedures, creating a very strong bond between Astartes and Tenarii.

Apart from that, it's all good. Looking forward to some more...

Greco-german could work. Look at the, what were they called, Varangian Guard(?) used by the Byzantine Empire. They were northern european mercenaries (Danes, Germans, etc) that worked in service to the (Greco-Roman-ish) Byzantine Empire.

Just an idea, until I think of something proper to say about your chapter. :)

Also I like the colour scheme, though the white could be a little less bright (or lighten the black a little), and the blue perhaps taken off the chest eagle.

I do not think that 'impregnated' works in the way you are using it. Sounds like some genestealer has had it's way with your chapter's belief systems.

Taken out of context this is a great quote! :cuss

I would be careful about the travelling into the warp thing, kinda touchy topic from what I hear. Other than that it seems you are on your way to forming your chapter. If you want to do something about the culture and traditions of your planet, I would personally pick one or two past(or present) culture or civilization to base your world on, or make a new one(but describe it). That will help show what your chapter is about.

About the spirits warning your brothers of death, either make it whispers in the warp heard by your librarians, or make the spirits a closely guarded secret know only by the head librarians. Normally, someone talking to spirits would be killed, burned, and purged for daemon worshiping. Are the spirits the psychic power of the chapters greatest librarians clinging to life through sheer force of will, or something darker, like Tzeentch making plans... You could even leave that open ended.

Whatever you end up do, make it defining and original!

I like your idea for the spirits...I may just 'hint' the truth but leave it open for speculation. I think that it should only be the head librarians that should get the spirits' message.

How does this sound as a quote?

" Let them burn in the fires of War. Let them rot in their own lies and deciet. They are nothing but Chaos tainted filth and they shall be offered no redemption."

++ Brother-Chaplain Aaron Kedont ++

I would be careful about the travelling into the warp thing, kinda touchy topic from what I hear. Other than that it seems you are on your way to forming your chapter. If you want to do something about the culture and traditions of your planet, I would personally pick one or two past(or present) culture or civilization to base your world on, or make a new one(but describe it). That will help show what your chapter is about.

Ah, teleporting is the new black.

I'd advise avoiding this route. If you've absolutely got to use it though, my advice is the same as was given to Dark Apostle Thirst - don't state you can do stuff like teleport. Hint at the ability rather than flat-out stating it. :P

Since you've started again... again, ( :) ) what sort of central themes are you after in your chapter? We might be able to help you get the core ideas of your chapter lined up and give you a solid base to work from.

EDIT: What I mean by central themes is what you want the main focus of the chapter to be. Using my chapters as examples, the Red Lords are permeated with arrogant pride, and the Infinity Kinghts have their respect for the holy dreadnoughts, and I also wanted them to come from a desert world. Those were the core ideas of the chapters - have you got any for yours?

Have you chaps actually read the first post? ;) ;) That's what I've got for the mo and I'm doing more as I write so for now, the first post is all I've got. First Post below!!

So, I want an assault orientated chapter, but I don't want to use C:BA and I don't want my chapter to descend from them (I like the BA but I just don't want a successor BA chapter. There is plenty of them already and there will be more!). I don't know from which gene-seed they will come from, but I doubt that it will be Dorn's or Khan's or Johnson's as they are not really jump pack assault type chapters (and I'm not very keen on Khan and Johnson's Chapters).

Beliefs

The Astartes of <insert chapter name> have utter respect for their fellow Brother-Librarians as they have time and time again shown their worth and trust in countless battles. One of these powerful warriors transported himself, along with a squad of five veterans in Tactical Dreadnought armour, through the Warp to the heart of the Ork horde that the <insert chapter name> battle force was facing, killing the Warlord and his bodyguard only hours after the beginning of the battle. This is one of numerous examples where psykers, though feared by most people, including Astartes, have proven that their duties lie with the Emperor and His Imperium. It is for this reason that the <insert chapter name> will always shake their heads when other Astartes talk badly of psykers.

Combat Doctrine

The <insert chapter name> base their tactics on lightning attacks accomplished by Assault Squads to destroy/exterminate key elements in the opposing force.

They are reknown throughout the Segmentum <…> for their ferocious and devastating assaults.

The <insert chapter name> oppose themselves to guerrilla warfare as think that the only way to truly defeat an enemy is to cut him down before you. They will only use guerrilla tactics when the situation requires it and when no other tactic can be utilised.

Battlecry

The leader of the battle group, if no Chaplain is present, will scream over the din of battle:

“Sing Brothers! Death’s chorus is with us!”

To which his brothers will reply:

“May He guide our hammers!”

After this, a ritual death song is sung by <insert chapter name> of all ranks. The Chapter Librarians will often project images of death and destruction into the minds of the opponent to cause a greater effect. Many battles ended even before they have started after the “Song of Ending” has been sung, the opponents fleeing in terror before the implacable advance of the Emperor’s Angels of Death.

Also, what are you talking about here? : (edit: it shows how tired I am these days as I only saw this now and I can't understand... :huh: )

Ah, teleporting is the new black.

I'd advise avoiding this route. If you've absolutely got to use it though, my advice is the same as was given to Dark Apostle Thirst - don't state you can do stuff like teleport. Hint at the ability rather than flat-out stating it. ;)

Archived