SB's Iron Warriors

hello boys and girls.

i have decided to convert my entire army to an iron warriors army because i was bored of my old army.

fortunatly they are both of the same techy theme and the only work i need to do is change some paint jobs (zerkers will remain the same)

during this little switch i have become facinated by the land raider ares. as an apocalypse vehicle (which are used by all gamers i play with) it doesnt really matter that its a loyalist tank, even then if anybody asks the iron warriors would just love the oppertunity to steal one of those seige based bad boys.

so i have started with a few minor changes...

as the chaos dont use assault cannons i am using heavy bolters instead and the pintle mounted multi melta annoys me as in a seige they are sitting ducks, instead im using a predator turret with a multi melta.

so this is my progress so far, everything so far has been taken from an old marine army i had and a sentinel. in the next couple of weeks ill buy a vindicator for it.

gallery_38604_4022_658742.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_61420.jpg

wip melta turret

gallery_38604_4022_574415.jpg

as i go along i will be updating this with old minis in the iron warriors colour scheme as well as some newer models

let me know what you think C&C is welcome.

cool concept for the melta turret! Looking forward to seein more!

thanks, since then i have decided to change it though and have ordered the forge world melta razor back turret, this one looked a bit bulky.

no real update but i need some opninions of the flame storm cannons, ill either be leaving them alone or adding the gargoyle head on the tip sp they looks a bit different as they should be heavy flamers. any opinions on how i should be doing the heavy flamers would be great.

Looks good! The turret is a really good idea that I think has a lot of potential, but the FW turret is sweet as well :D

The dragon heads on the heavy bolters in the front are just dead on.

If t-hawks were cheaper I don't even want to know how many I'd have.. Lets just say that my army would have been a bit bigger than the 16.000pts it is today.

Looking forward to more brother :tu:

Cheers!

ok team heres a text update and question.

i have added gargoyley heads to the flamestorms to make them looks different, pics of that will come later.

i now have enough money for either... the vindi to complete the front, or the turret for the top.

what would you guys prefer?

first to five wins!

i love the new heavy flamer, very chaosy, the land raider looks a bit bland still though i suggest some more chaosy stuff or even some less imperial armour to make it look iron warriorsy

good luck for completing this for you call of chaos :)

i do love the new flamer nozzle, looks very nice :)

i think the predator turret looks, well, very obviously a predator turret, so looking forward to see how the melta razorback turret will look on it :P

keep up the good work.

The flamer turret came out nicely. How did it look with the two heads right side up? I'm guessing that they didn't really fit properly?

I must say I'm looking forward to seeing how this ares turnes out :HQ: Ever since I did one myself my interest in them has gone up quite a bit ;)

Rock on my friend!

thanks for all the comments guys :sweat:

The flamer turret came out nicely. How did it look with the two heads right side up? I'm guessing that they didn't really fit properly?

the turret looked ok with them the right way up but to much like a gun rather than a flamer... and they didnt fit ;)

does anybody know forgeworlds delivery time? it says dispatched and has done since monday...

thanks for all the comments guys :)

the turret looked ok with them the right way up but to much like a gun rather than a flamer... and they didnt fit :P

does anybody know forgeworlds delivery time? it says dispatched and has done since monday...

They have been good for me, but if it says dispatched I would expect it within a week and if it manages not to arrive within two get onto FW as they might be able to find where it is for you and/or send you another one... if you are really lucky... you might end up with two sets of orders... one being free ;)

thanks for all the comments guys ;)

the turret looked ok with them the right way up but to much like a gun rather than a flamer... and they didnt fit :)

They have been good for me, but if it says dispatched I would expect it within a week and if it manages not to arrive within two get onto FW as they might be able to find where it is for you and/or send you another one... if you are really lucky... you might end up with two sets of orders... one being free :)

ok ill be patient :)

though the prospect of being able to use a multimelta turret down the line is exceedingly awesome :)

woooo hoo!!!

the multi melta came :P

gallery_38604_4022_434605.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_109849.jpg

i couldnt resist washing, undercoating and dry fitting straight away ;)

i have also undercoated the landraider (without vindi parts) ready for tomorrow when i get to crack on with my call of chaos vow ;)

there will be an update tomorrow... but how far will i get

thanks for looking

Edit : ordering vindi as i type so that should be here soon :)

April, Update 1

ok so with the vindicator parts on their way i decided to do some painting, so we have all the siler across what i have done.

many light layers of m

mithril silver with 2 heavy washes of boltgun metal, i will badab black this monster when its done :huh:

gallery_38604_4022_1145428.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_487583.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_559086.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_214919.jpg

its still a bit wet, im just that eager

it is becoming more feared than my brass scorpion where i play... :(

let me knwo what you think

C&C please

nothing? ^_^

May, update 2

ok i have a bit more done, i have... added the gold, added some black, washed down the metal millions of times to make it looks dark dirty and worn, i have done the little sensor lights i have done the tracks and i have done the burned bits on the flamers... and the trophy racks are done.

unfortunatly my camera is very bad indeed and so im not sure how the pics turned out, therefore you probably cant see half the detail or see the rust and dirt and darkness of the armour.

gallery_38604_4022_285352.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_712736.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_279629.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_756726.jpg

gallery_38604_4022_617919.jpg

this is pure mithril paint (what i started with) against the mithril that has been washed with boltgun metal, badab black and tinbiz several million times...

gallery_38604_4022_527606.jpg

i need to buy some new yellow paint and new chaos black and as soon as i do i will have a few warning stripe things around.

any C&C?

i would love to know how people do the search lights and stuff... how do you paint them?

thanks

SB :huh:

Beautiful work, and coming along really nicely.

My only criticism would be that whilst it is quite plainly a chaos vehicle, some extra chaos iconography wouln't go amiss. Maybe some skulls, etc.? I don't really know if the iron warriors are into all that.

Keep up the good work, keep us informed!

Beautiful work, and coming along really nicely.

My only criticism would be that whilst it is quite plainly a chaos vehicle, some extra chaos iconography wouln't go amiss. Maybe some skulls, etc.? I don't really know if the iron warriors are into all that.

Keep up the good work, keep us informed!

thanks alot :D

more chaosy stuff is planned but i dont have the bitz at the moment, i have ordered a chaos vindicator and ill use the chaos vehicle sprue for parts.

Looks good SB :P

I'd like to see some more details on the raider though, something to break up the massive areas of metal. Tried doing "warning stripes" around some areas mabe?

Cheers!

Archived