Word Bearer Rhinos

The Prophet

Two things have been hiding in the darkness for too long. These are my two rhinos that I will now have a chance of finally painting

I'll add some pictures soon!

Front:

med_gallery_25850_1043_43031.jpg

Side:

med_gallery_25850_1043_2811.jpg

Back:

med_gallery_25850_1043_10023.jpg

These will get some paint of course, and when I see how it looks I will probably add a few impurity seals or other details as well. Any ideas or comments?

Looking very nice. Mind showing a closer look of the plasticarded back door of the left one?

And you forgot your havoc-launchers ;)

I'll give you more pictures than you could ever want then. :devil:

The keyword for my army is supposed to be variety, so I try to make my models with almost every kind of upgrade possible, hence the many magnets. I have not built everything for these rhinos yet. Right now I lack the dirge casters for example (which are very fitting for WB), but that will be built eventually and can be added to different places on the hull. Here's the photos!

The plasticarded back:

gallery_25850_1043_32613.jpg

Inside the hull:

med_gallery_25850_1043_40531.jpg

On top:

med_gallery_25850_1043_50494.jpg

On top of the top:

med_gallery_25850_1043_24253.jpg

Havoc Missile Launcher:

med_gallery_25850_1043_11444.jpg

Hatch:

med_gallery_25850_1043_43317.jpg

Dozer blades:

med_gallery_25850_1043_21605.jpg

Full frontal agression!

med_gallery_25850_1043_56680.jpg

they look good, maybe you need some more spikes, but not every chaosplayer likes that (i dont)

great job

Thanks! I'm not fond of spikes either, but some impurity seals and some runes or something will definitely be added.

First paint added! The base colour will be this dark flesh, and it is a tiresome work indeed to put it on.

med_gallery_25850_1043_114497.jpg

Havoc missile launchers are painted as well:

med_gallery_25850_1043_2357101.jpg

I know rhinos cannot have dirge casters in the current codex, but I think the WB background almost crave vox casters on the vehicles. I have not glued them on yet, so the question is: could this work? It will solve parts of the problem I have with large flat areas without details.

med_gallery_25850_1043_2292021.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

First proper update!

[May, Update 1]

So far I have managed with the really dull work, covering both rhinos in congealed blood (dark flesh). Next step will be highlighting the edges, before painting any details. I will use terracotta as a brighter colour, but probably will take some of the sharper edges mixed with white as well.

Here is what I am working with:

med_gallery_25850_1043_12318.jpg

What are those hatches from? I really dig those.

The hatch on the top at the back there comes from the old school Space Marine Predators, and are the only things in metal on these two rhinos.

- Second update with more pictures coming soon! Really soon!

May, Update 2:

After having browsed through my bits box I decided for some more details for the rhinos.

gallery_25850_1043_34358.jpg

In order to avoid scratching the new paint away I try to finish everything on each side before going to the next one. For now, the front is all I have managed to do. I know it's a bit shiny, but I do like the clean look, and a bit will go away after the "recent weather effects" I will make at the end of this project.

med_gallery_25850_1043_45440.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_84245.jpg

Wonderful. I am really digging the color you have going here. Also the Vox casters on the sides are awesome. I nice touch for this legion. Did you have pics of the rest of the army/ I would love to see them. Played WB for some time and enjoyed every minute of it.

Keep it up.

Gub

nice job. How did you paint those? I know you said the base color was dark flesh. What else?

To keep the speed up, I go with Dark Flesh on a chaos black undercoat, using the black as shadows and lines. Then I go from Dark Flesh to Terracotta as a highlight. Unfortunately, Terracotta has gone OOP at GW, so my little cans are more worth than gold right now...

Wonderful. I am really digging the color you have going here. Also the Vox casters on the sides are awesome. I nice touch for this legion. Did you have pics of the rest of the army/ I would love to see them. Played WB for some time and enjoyed every minute of it.

Keep it up.

Gub

I have no army pics, but I will try to make such after I have finished these rhinos. Here you have some of my older threads though:

WB Anointed Terminators and Dark Apostle

WB Cultist Temple of Chaos

Obliterators

WB Daemon Prince

• 2 weeks later...

[June, Update 1]

All my rhinos have two fronts. Firstly the normal front like any other rhino out there, but also the rear, which is what normally comes speeding backwards at my enemies, unloading preaching maniacs at their throats. So the rear really had to be finished, and it's done. Hurray!

med_gallery_25850_1043_76245.jpg

med_gallery_25850_1043_12538.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Loving the dark colors.

You should hunt down a bit from one of those Fantasy Giant plastic kits..

I think it's a cow that's supposed to hang from a giant's waist belt. That would be a great addition to a Rhino and I am sure you could paint it suitably to match.

Archived