Insacrum's Disciples of Caliban

Insacrum

So here are my primed Terminators awaiting to be removed from the sprue, and then cleaned.

gallery_53315_4705_53835.jpg

Somewhere in this box are the parts that I'm planning on using to create my counts as Ezekiel librarian.

gallery_53315_4705_84633.jpg

You shouldn't start painting as you won't be able to enter them! You only start the paint after the 30th!!!

Here is the start of the set of terminators not for the CotI. These guys are more for mock-up and test purposes.

:wub:

I guess you're off to a good start. Do you have any plans for the Ezekiel?

Also, why are you priming before removing the mold lines? Won't you just scrape off half the primer again?

Also, why are you priming before removing the mold lines? Won't you just scrape off half the primer again?

I think it's the novice in me. I know now that I should have been cleanig the mold lines before priming. But hey, sometimes you can't fix a mistake until you make it.

Thanks for the C&C.

You shouldn't start painting as you won't be able to enter them! You only start the paint after the 30th!!!

Here is the start of the set of terminators not for the CotI. These guys are more for mock-up and test purposes.

;)

Damn...I guess I missed that :sweat:

I didn't get around to answer this earlier, but I'm hoping to be able to find an assault marine body that looks like it's walking (rather then the usual running), similar to one of the DA bodies that's available. I want it to look like he's calmly walking through the chaos of battle while doing what he needs to do for his men.

I'm planning on modeling him holding an unfurled scroll to represent the Lionus Censum (Counts as the Book of Salvation), With MC force weapon in the other hand, and MC bolt pistol at the hip. I want his robes to be open in the front and flowing behind him looking almost like wings. I'm not sure what to do about the force weapon. One part of me see him having a sword like most Librarians, but another part of me sees him with a scythe (ala angel of death style).

I would sketch it out for you, but I don't really have the free time for it at the moment.

I think it's the novice in me. I know now that I should have been cleanig the mold lines before priming. But hey, sometimes you can't fix a mistake until you make it.

Thanks for the C&C.

Actually, priming before cutting off the sprue isn't a bad idea, as you can get in the areas that are harder to hit after assembly. then you just come back with a light coat after assembly to hit the areas that got scraped to plastic.

I wouldn't worry about it.

Here are updated to my modeling and painting for the Call of the Imperium:

Terminator legs with mold lines removed.

gallery_53315_4705_50.jpg

Terminator bases

gallery_53315_4705_50894.jpg

Test paint job.

gallery_53315_4705_26453.jpg

gallery_53315_4705_62298.jpg

gallery_53315_4705_53617.jpg

I'm not sure about the "glowy eyes" but in these pictures they look ok.

May Update#1
Terminator Bases, and Legs

Here are the bases for my Terminators.

gallery_53315_4705_4787.jpg
gallery_53315_4705_2946.jpggallery_53315_4705_21136.jpg
I was hoping to get a feeling of movement by gradually shading the front lighter then the back, but I should have been keeping better notes from my previous set of terminator bases, because I didn't realize until it was too late that I shouldn't have been using Space Wolf Grey over the shadow gray on the bases (Another reason for the Dark Angels to dislike Space Wolves).

I'm not sure if I'm going to go back and redo the plasticard squares on the bases. even though they didn't turn out how I was planning on them to, they still look ok.

As far as the terminator legs are concerned, I haven't done much on them. All I did was put on a layer of Codex Grey/Chaos Black (50/50) on the parts that are supposed to be black, and then add in a wash of Babob Black.

gallery_53315_4705_6473.jpggallery_53315_4705_5172.jpg

gallery_53315_4705_1936.jpggallery_53315_4705_1475.jpg

I have to say that I'm really impressed with Citadel's new washes. This was the first time that I had used them and I was blown away. Not only did the wash not run where you didn't want it to go, but it also shaded the area perfectly. I had read people praising the use of the new Citadel washes. Previously I had just used the old/old/old Citadel black wash (the thinner plastic vials with the blue caps), but after using the new wash, now I'm also one of the people praising the new washes.

the next time I'm able to work on the legs, I'll be going over the models with the 50/50 paint I had first used, and then painting up the green shins and left knee, as well as the white right knee.

We'll see how things look then.

Weekend Update
Terminator Bottoms

So I managed to get some time to paint this weekend. Things are progressing, but I think I need to be more patient with the snot green. I obviously still need to paint all of the nice little details, but the I'm liking the overall look and feel of things.

gallery_53315_4705_11902.jpg

gallery_53315_4705_57664.jpg

gallery_53315_4705_4634.jpg

Next up, purity seals and insignias.

C&C are welcome.

• 3 weeks later...

So it's been a while since I've been able to update this, my blog, or even actually work on any of my models. RL has me spinning!

But just because I haven't had time to put knife to plastic or paint to plastic, doesn't mean that I haven't had time to think about what I need to be working on (My terminators or Librarian). My main focus has been on the librarian and figuring out how to model him properly. A lot of my ideas revolved around using a lot of green stuff (something that I'm not at all proficient with). it wasn't until about 5 minutes ago that I was looking over at Mathieu Fontaine's website (Perennial Golden Demon Winner) and realized that GW might already have a model that I can steal parts from to help me accomplish my goal of a cool looking librarian.

The following are from the GW website. I don't take any claim to owning then at all...

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m990085a_99060101453_BASanguinor1_445x319.jpghttp://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m990068a_99060101451_BAAstorath1_445x319.jpghttp://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_CustomProductCatalog/m990074a_99060101451_BAAstorath2_445x319.jpg

If you notice both models accomplish a look of flight by using scrolls to lift them off the ground. The same scrolls that I was trying to figure out how to sculpt. I think I've just found a short-cut to a majority of my modeling dilemma. Personally I could see using Astorath himself as the majority of my Librarian. I would just need to make a few modifications to the figure.

First I would need to remove the Jump-pack and change it to a normal power armor backpack. Second, I would want to remove the ax head on his weapon and change it to a scythe blade. Third I would have to remove any BA iconography and change it to Dark Angels or Disciples of Caliban. Forth (and last), add a MC bolt pistol, and more scrolls (just to make sure he's properly shown as the bearer of the Lionus Censum). The only thing I'm not sure about is whether or not I would try to keep the wings (part of the jump pack).

Please give your C&C on this or any of my other work (I could always use the help and suggestions).

May Update #2
sorta kinda

So I tried to pick up an Astorath the Grim model from my local game shop, and they were out. I have to wait until next week to get one. But I have continued working on my terminator squad.

gallery_53315_4705_5997.jpg

I'm not sure if you can tell the difference between these and the previous set, but I've started working on the purity seals and Terminator insignias.

Archived