Chronicles of the Claws

The crunch of the Rhino's treads over bones echoed inside the vehicle like the crackling and popping of dead dry leaves,setting the all ready tense Blood

Claws further on edge. Astropath reports had said that this world,Animus Prime,an agri-world had been assaulted by the legions of Chaos a scant week ago.

Contact with the planet had ceased within hours of the initial call for help. The Space Wolves made planetfall 2 days ago,scouring the Chaos filth from the

outlying settlements as they moved towards the hive city.Throughout that time they had found evidence of very few casualties,and all of them Imperial

guardsman manning defense positions. What had happened to the populace was answered once the first scouts reached the city. Every citizen of Animus had been put to the sword and the flame,their bones paving every road in the city while their skulls had been stacked in a great mountain at the very center of the city.

Morgan,the Wolf Guard set to watch over this pack of young Wolves looked into the eyes of each of his new pack in turn,evaluating their readiness for what

lay ahead. First in the line was Skepti,his chainsword across his knees. His eyes shone with eagerness,his entire body almost vibrating in its desire for

action. In him was everything that exemplified the Blood Claws as a whole,both good and bad. His courage and ferocity was unmatched within the pack but his reckless disregard for tactics more complicated then scream and leap would one day get him or others killed Morgan feared. Next in line was Hel,a whip-thin warrior with bald head save for a wild red topknot of hair. The whispers that Hel might actually be a woman were voiced only once within the pack, by the Giant blood claw named Skeggi. Hel had replied by swinging a hand between Skeggi's legs,squeezing fiercely till Skeggi fell to his knees,before Hel, now eye to eye,headbutted Skeggi between the eyes and knocking him cold.After that no one dared speak up one way or the other.Skeggi now sat beside Hel, the two having become great friends,his bulk leaned against the haft of the massive maul he now carried.It's haft was 8 feet long and solid adamantium, while the head was 100 lbs of metal from the hull of a destroyed Leman Russ battle tank.Next to him sat Wreck,casually flipping one of his chain knives up in the air before catching it by the handle.Wreck had been transferred in and out of the pack several times,each time trying to join one of the biker packs. Wreck was also the only Space Wolf in the history of the Fang to ever crash two vehicles before they made it out of the vehicle bay as well as countless other bikes and rhinos.His name was used as a curse word for the Iron Priests of the fang "Alaric the Wrecker" until it became shortened to Wrecker and then at last to just Wreck.Finally at Morgan's right sat Miklos,his eyes calm and steady,the ornate powerfist cradled in the senior Blood claws lap.His ferocity was well tempered with caution and a fine grasp of tactics.His promotion to the Grey Hunters was almost upon him,yet he requested to remain with his pack until they had all reached that point,and the Wolf Priests had agreed to his request.The rest of the pack viewed Miklos with respect as an older brother,often coming to him for advice when Morgan wasn't available. Miklos nodded at him and smiled.

To his left side against the Rhino's back door was Thorfin,cautiously polishing his bolt pistols with care. He looked up at his brothers and then turned his

head to Morgan,his wild black hair falling to one side. "Well..at least we won't have to worry about the filth being able to sneak up on us with all these

bones around." Morgan shook his head slightly while the rest of the pack let loose a chuckle save for Hel and Pup,the blood claw that sat to Thorfin's right.

Pup was abnormally short,small enough that Imperial guardsman were able to look him in the eyes without much strain.Pup drummed his nails against the

ceramite of his leg armor,the 3 inch long claws on his fingertips a constant reminder of the test they had each taken upon becoming Wolves.His natural need

to prove himself the equal of any of his brothers,combined with the greater strength and ferocity that the Lupus Helix had left him with made him a most

dangerous opponent. As he was fond of saying "The first thing you learn when fighting with claws,it's easier to kill someone if you strike from

below."Damian sat beside Pup, checking the slide and power pack of the Plasma pistol he had been entrusted with.He had shown a calm and focus that was

normally lacking within the young ones,and a natural aptitude for shooting. Finally there was Loki,the hip pack of Promethium and the flamer it was attached

to on his lap. He had spent the entire ride running his fingers up and down the barrel of the flamer,from the trigger to the nozzle which the Iron priests

had fashioned into the snarling muzzle of a wolf.Loki was able to paint with fire the way a artist painted with a brush,showing an uncanny ability to use the

flames tendencies to spread to the detriment of his enemies without ever endangering his allies,burnt eyebrows notwithstanding.

"Prepare yourselves Wolves...the stench of the Traitors hangs heavy in the air" said Morgan,gripping the handle of his Storm shield,his Power sword in its

sheath across his back. Not two minutes after he said this,the Rhino ground to a jarring stop,the front half of it crumpling like an accordion and crushing

the driver Snorri in a explosion of gore that showered the pack. With a growl,the Blood claws poured out of the ruined Rhino eager for revenge on those that

had attacked them.The World Eater marines that had dropped down around the Rhino were more then eager to greet them.....

Hope you all enjoy the start of their tale. I have allways enjoyed writing stories for the various MMO's and table top games I have played and now very much look forward to writing about my Wolves. Any comments are of course appreciated.

The Wolves howled as their eyes beheld the World Eaters,surging forward to engage the traitors. Morgan raised his Storm Shield and charged forward,the rest of the pack at his heels. Catching the downswing of one chainaxe upon his shield,he parried the other Marine's chainsword on his powersword,its teeth whirring and sparking against the sheath of force encasing Morgan's blade.His berserk charge pushed the two he faced back,seperating them from their companions and forcing their attention to him.Skepti charged another,firing wildly and swinging his chainsword in wide sweeping arcs,only to see it spark and skitter away harmlessly on the edge of his opponents ornate chainaxe. Pup charges in and out of reach of the chainsword weilded by another World eater, goading the Chaos Marine into chasing him,swinging again and again while exposing an opening for Skeggi and his maul. "For Russ" cried Skeggi as he swung the massive maul,its passage raising a breeze as it smashes the World Eater square in the knee,bending it sideways. The force of the swing twisted the marine's leg halfway around,tearing it from its socket despite the protection of the armor before driving the maul into the foundation of the building nearby,sending gigantic chunks of rock falling amongst the combatants and burying the World Eater he had struck under close to a ton of rock. Skeggi leaped atop the rock before swinging his maul down,Pulping the helmet and skull of the fallen World Eater before flashing Pup a grin.

Thorfin and Hel both face off against another of the traitors,Thorfin unleashing a hail of bolter fire that rattled off the thick armor protecting the World Eater,before diving onto the haft of his chainaxe,gripping the haft in one hand,the Chaos Marine's forearm in the other and snapping his knee up into his wrist,causing the grip to loosen slightly and altering his swing. Meanwhile Hel slipped in,nimble as a dancer and spun,the tip of the first blade crashing into the codpeice of the World Eater's armor,splitting open the ceramite plates as it tears its way up to his shoulder before slicing free,leaving his corrupted body unprotected from Hel's second blade following the same path as the first,reaping a bloody harvest of flesh before finishing the spin,blades up in a guard position as the World eater falls,cut almost in two.Damian,pausing to brace his wrist for a second fires two precise shots of superheated plasma into the World Eaters chest,cracking open a hole in the enemies armor but not stopping his berserk charge. Diving forward as he swings,Damian slides under the axe into a roll,coming up on one knee with empty hands pointed at his attacker.His eyes alight on the plasma pistol lost in the roll at the feet of the traitor. The World Eater looks down and then at the suddenly unarmed Wolf and growls out a low chuckle before raising his Axe in both hands above his head,set to split Damian in two. Stepping from behind the World Eater with a wild grin and a maniacal giggle,Loki jams the nozzle of his flamer into the hole in the Chaos Marine's armor and depresses the nozzle,causing a loud crump and a jet of flame 10 feet high to rocket out from between the World Eaters shoulders,melting his helmet and skull in a instant. Loki giggled again,pushing the now dead Marine backwards off the flamer and kicked the plasma pistol towards Damian "Stop lazing about we got hunting to do brother!"

Miklos caught stroke after stroke of the chainsword weilded by his opponent on his Chainknife,reversing the direction of the rotation constantly to keep his opponent off balanced while his right hand,clad in the Powerglove,remained cocked and ready to strike the moment an opening appeared. From behind the World Eater slipped Wreck,his chainknifes held low and flat to the ground,the blades pointed downwards along his forearm as he slid the knives forward,the sharp teeth chewing first through ceramite and then through the back of each knee,removing the World Eater's ability to stand and sending the traitor falling forward onto his hands and the ruined stumps of his knees. Wreck quickly reversed the blades and buried them under each armpit,the whirring blades searching for his opponent's twin hearts,while simultaneously Miklos stepped forward and crushed its skull in the palm of his Power Glove. "Mine" called each in unison.

Skepti had charged the last World Eater alone,swinging his chainsword in great arcs as he charged,a wordless howl of challenge upon his lips. The World Eater,his armor more ornate and covered with trophies of many kills caught each of the swings with his chainaxe effortlessly again and again,drawing the young Wolf away from the rest slightly,his exposed face marked with tattoos and markings that burned the eye and pained the mind to look at. Morgan saw all this out of the corner of his eye,but the two Chaos Marines he faced kept him fully occupied,his sword and shield working in tandem to keep them from reaching him. With a final contemptous flick,the World Eater Champion slid Skepti's sword out of position before reversing the axe and sending it screaming down the blade,slicing cleanly through Skepti's wrist and continuing a long ragged gash across Skepti's chest,splitting Ceramite as easily as muscle. Seeing this,Morgan redoubled his efforts,dashing one sword aside and burying his power sword to the hilt through the throat of the first World Eater,his blade catching on the armor and its spine. Skepti fell to his knees in front of the World Eater,his eyes smouldering with the fury of the wounded wolf at the one who had struck him down. "Skulls for the Skull Throne" intoned the World Eater as he raised his chainaxe one handed,ready to behead Skepti. The second World Eater facing Morgan took this oppurtunity to attack,his blade raised high above his head while Morgan's blade was trapped within the body of its squadmate,but a press of a button on the handle of the shield popped a thin curved blade,like a single wolf claw from the bottom of the shield,which Morgan then drove forward into the eye socket of the second Marine who twitched and dropped his blade,his body shuddering as his brain liquified from the field around the wolf claw.

Tossing his weapons to the side,still buried in the dead Marines,Morgan jumped forward trying to save his charge. As the Chaos Champion began his swing,Skepti surged forward from his knees,his hands grabbing the Champion's shoulder in one hand and pushing his head back with the stump of the other, as he buried his face in the World Eater's neck,a snarling snapping hunter intent on one thing only : tearing out the throat of his prey or dying in the attempt. The two fell backwards,the crack of dried bones beneath their armor nowhere near as loud as the wet snap of the Champion's spine as Skepti bit through it. Skepti then rolled off the body,his wound bleeding freely as he lay on his back,holding the Chainaxe up in the air one handed "This one's mine!" he groaned before passing out. Morgan began calling for support while Hel knelt to hold Skepti's wounds closed,his armor all ready having clamped down on his injured wrist.

Morgan surveyed his pack with a sense of pride. Not only had they fought an enemy whose experience outmatched thiers by centuries,they had over came it. They now stood in a loose semi-circle,their backs against the replacement rhino. Requisitioning that had been a task more difficult then he had imagined, especially as Wreck and a couple others had come along. The moment Morgan's pack had come into view,one of the senior Iron Priest had began yelling. "Oh no..there is no way you are going to get another vehicle from this bay just because you were foolish enough to let that menace pilot it." screamed the Iron Priest,getting into Morgan's face without a moments hesitation. Morgan took a deep breath and was about to explain to the priest when Wreck popped up with "Actually Sir,I can clear up this whole misunderstanding. I even brought along visual aids!" He then pulled up a halfway decent approximation of a rhino, obviously cut from a rations box,along with a hand puppet painted red. "Argh! I am a World Eater,I am mean and nasty right clear through" Wreck said,bouncing the hand puppet back and forth vigorously. "I will break this rhino purely to piss off random Iron Priest #477 muhahahhaha!" and then brought the hand puppets arm down on the front of the rhino,which Wreck promptly flipped over with a cry of "Oh no..I am destroyed.Woe is me!" At this point Skeggi,Hel and Damian picked Wreck up bodily and carried him from the vehicle bay,his protests of "But it was funny!!!" echoing through the now completely still vehicle bay,while the Iron Priest sputtered wordlessly,his face turning all sorts of interesting colors of purple.

Meanwhile Miklos was trying to calm down another Iron Priest and Skepti both,his wounds barely sealed,as he argued back and forth with the priest about

whether or not he could re-consecrate the chain axe. "But it was a tool of the Ruinous Powers!,there is no way it should have been allowed inside the Fang

let alone into the Armory." Skepti countered with "Well it isn't a tool any longer,It's a trophy and a damn good one. Now consecrate it so I can use it or I

am using it without your blessing!" Miklos stepped forward,placing a hand on the chest of each who seemed to be about to come to blows with one another.

"Priest..It was tested by Rune Priest Rolf,and there is nothing of the Daemonic within it.Please,just consecrate it and let it become a tool of

righteousness" he said,before turning to Skepti "And brother,you are asking the Priest to do something above and beyond his normal duties. I would expect you to be mindful of that fact when you speak to him" Both grumbled under their breath but nodded,agreeing to Miklos's logic. As they turned to go,Skepti looked over his shoulder and said "And a keg of Wolfwhiz for you if you can get it done by this time tomorrow!"

As the Pack stood,all but a couple fidgeting as they waited for Morgan to speak. Morgan looked into the eyes of each before finally speaking. "You all fought

a terrible foe,but more then that. You learned a valuable lesson...or at least you should have. Now...who can tell me what happened during that fight?" The

Blood claws shifted from foot to foot,clearly confused by the Pack Leader's words. "We killed several World Eaters and Skepti was injured" spoke Pup. "You

were there Morgan you saw" At that Morgan nodded. "I did see,the question I am asking is...Did you all?" At this the pack seemed confused,looking to each

other. Morgan saw Miklos's eyes alight but then he waited,letting the rest of the pack try and figure it out themselves. At last Skepti spoke up,having heard

the tales of his pack mates and their kills. "The rest of the Pack fought together,harrying thier opponents like a wolf pack does,while I charged off by

myself and nearly got killed" his bitterness evident in his words. "And you gained a mighty scar to remind you that the greatest weapon you all possess is

the brothers at your side" said Morgan. "Never forget that fact.Cherish your pack,Protect them with your lives and know that they will do the same for you"

Morgan then smiled widely "Now that this lesson is sunk in,I think it's time to head to the Alehouse. The first two kegs are on me!" The entire pack gave out

a cheer as they raced for the alehouse,Morgan chuckling as he followed behind.

Ok Brothers,that is the end for today. I will write more as the mood takes me. I hope you all enjoy it.

Slipping through the woods like a breeze, the Blood claws approached their target. The tower rising from the woods like a multi-layered spike piercing the

sky was clearly alien in construction,without hard edges and looking as if it was grown in place rather then built. Such structures dotted the Landscape of

this world,their purpose uncertain and almost certainly lost to the ages along with those that had built them. The detachment under Battle Leader Rolf,one of

Wolf Lord Ambrose's most honored Wolf Guard had been set to ensure no threats remained before re-settlement began. A month before a Hive Fleet had landed upon this world,beginning the process of converting all available biomass into raw materials,starting with its people. The Wolves had responded quickly, sending the Fleet scurrying off like cockroaches fleeing the light, but now remained the extensive process of ensuring the job was finished. Morgan and his pack had been unable to take part in the initial assault,much to their disappointment, so they viewed this clean up mission as their last shot at gaining honor from this trip.

Reaching the clearing around the tower,Morgan motioned for the pack to pause. The tower was surrounded by a quarter mile of perfectly level open field, no

cover beyond the 3 inches of grass growing upon it.Loki's head snapped up as he looked towards the tower, the very air thick and heavy with something the

rest of the pack seemed not to notice. The pressure built and built,similar to the feeling of rising rapidly through the levels of the Fang. "Something's

coming" moaned Loki,gripping the handle of his flamer tight as the pressure reached almost unbearable levels. As half the pack looked towards Loki,a shimmer in the air halfway to the Tower proved Loki right,as first one and then two other squads of steel grey shapes appeared like a heat mirage. Skeletal thin with the sun shining of their metal bodies competing with the eerie green light coming from the powerpacks of their weapons,the first two squads of Necrons turned as one towards the suprised pack as the third squad took off at a rapid pace disappearing into the doorway of the Tower. Drawing his blade and motioning forward,Morgan led the pack into a charge. The Necrons responded,raising their strange weapons as one and opening fire. The quiet pop of their gauss rifles belied the power of the projectiles as the rounds gouged huge divots of earth around the pack as they dodged side to side,oftentimes being missed only by scant inches. Pup growled louder as a projectile grazed his cheek,digging a bloody gouge along the bone and spinning him around and nearly sending him to the ground.Pup continued the charge on all fours,quickly making up the lead the rest had gained. As the pack drew close,they opened up with thier pistols,sending two of the Necrons sparking and twitching to the ground before their assault hit.Inhuman hands,stronger then steel,swung rifle butts to block chainswords and knives,meeting berserk ferocity with inhuman fearlessness...

The pack's momentum carried them into the middle of the Necrons,their roar of challenge drowning out the scream of their chainswords striking and sundering metal. Skeggi swung his great maul in wide circles as he slammed into the front row,caving in the side of the first Necron and slamming it bodily into two of its squadmates,sending the trio clattering to the ground in a tangle of metallic limbs before holding the haft across his body and pushing back 4 from the second rank.Hel was like a whirlwind,chainswords diving high and low and claiming a bounty of arms,heads and legs. By the time the charge was finished Hel had killed 3 solo. Damian had stopped short at the edge of the melee,his plasma pistol burning holes through one metallic skull after another. Pup gouged his claws along the torso of one Necron leaving four deep lines in the metal before the butt of the Necron's rifle caught Pup under the jaw,lifting the small Blood claw into the air and backwards to fall to the ground,eyes rolled back in his skull.During the Melee,Morgan fought defensively,his Storm Shield blocking strike after strike against him and his fellow Wolves while Miklos stood at his back,preventing the old Wolf from being flanked. Skepti fought

fiercely,his new Chainaxe slicing through Necron limbs like butter. Loki,having slipped around the side of the melee ducked inbetween the arms of a Necron

taking aim at Damian's unprotected side,slamming his hands upwards against the barrel and guiding it under the Necron's chin just as it pulled the

trigger,showering the melee with metal and circuitboards. The Blood claws momentum passed,and their opponents began pressing them fiercely.Meanwhile the second group raised their weapons,intent on firing into the swirling melee. In the distance a growling roar fast approached,while inside each helmet the

Blood claws heard a gruff voice "Hang on Claws,Foehammer incoming on your position!"

Bursting through the line of trees came the familiar shape of a Razorback, It's outline broken up by the 4 Long Fangs clinging to its side, and the roar of

its engine mixing with the howls of laughter and the roar of bolterfire from the fifth Fang clinging to its turret with one hand,his massive Heavy bolter

braced against his hip as it spewed fire and death. As the vehicle slewed forward,barreling between the embattled Blood Claws and the second squad of

Necrons,three of the Long fangs released their grip and rolled,coming to a knee and releasing two missiles directly into the center of the Necrons. The Heavy

Bolter held by the Fang on top joined in the hail of shots being released from the vehicle itself as it continued forward before pulling a bootlegger turn

and screeching to a stop facing the squad. The fifth Long Fang,not to be outdone by his brothers had leaped from the Razorback as it charged forward,slamming

the Chainsword sized bayonet on the end of his Lascannon into the chest of one Necron before slamming it sideways and pointing it,Necron still dangling off

the blade, towards another and firing. The beam of energy from the barrel not only vaporized the impaled Necron but two others in line with it. In a tone of amazement,Morgan heard Damian say "Oh Emperor above...I want one!"

Ok guys.this will be the last update for today unless i decide to stay up late as I have a tournament tonight. Any comments,criticisms, or other thoughts are allways welcome. It helps my poor underdeveloped ego and lets me continue these stories lol. Also pending permission I might have Jester or Warhorse pop up in a cameo role at some point lol. And yes,one of my Lascannon Long fangs has a Chainsword molded onto the underbarrel as a bayonet.

Well,Tournament is over finally. It spanned two Mondays. I fought Imperial Guard, Eldar and then the Space Wolves player I fought and lost to last week again. It was the same lists as before so this time around I knew what to expect. He was just short of tabled by the end of round 4. The tournament lasted until 3:30 in the morning,and the walk home took another half hour,so I doubt there will be any updates on the story till sometime late tomorrow. But the 40$ prize money bought me a new rhino so I am very very happy.

The sudden appearance and savage assault of the Long Fangs brought forth the desire common to every young Blood Claw,the overpowering need to prove

themselves worthy to their elders. Fueled by this,Morgan's pack redoubled their efforts and tore through the remaining Necrons. While Hel moved to awaken the unconcious Pup,Morgan stepped forward towards the Long Fangs,hand held high in greeting. As the Seargent stepped out of the Razorback,he saw Morgan and let loose a loud laugh. "Had I known it was you Morgan I would have had them wait. I remember your impatience about having kills taken from you" he said,reaching up a thumb to rub against a short scar adorning his cheek. Morgan chuckled,stepping forward to grab the Seargent's forearm in his before pulling him in to a brotherly hug. "Well Karl all I can say is I have calmed down in my old age. Your timing could not have been better in truth" As the rest of the Blood Claws clustered around the pair,Miklos spoke up "Morgan,Is this the pack you told us so much about?" Morgan turned back to Miklos "Aye that it is youngster" After which Karl piped up with "Yes,I had to put up with this hot tempered egomaniac for centuries before he got promoted to the Wolf Guard and got out of my hair" The reunion was cut short by the crack of a gauss rifle carried by a Necron they had thought destroyed and Miklos flying forward,a hole the size of a fist gouged out of his back armor. Thorfin reacted before any of the others,fast drawing his bolt pistols and hammering a round into each of the Necron's glowing green eyes. "They must be repairing themselves somehow" spoke Loki,as he saw several other bodies twitching upon the ground. Thorfin stalked through the remains,his pistols placing two rounds through each fallen Necron's eyes whether it was twitching or not. "Wise of your young pup to double tap them Morgan,that way even if they get back up they will be blind" said Karl.

In the sky above the tower,green and purple lights appeared,seeming to form a localized storm as a slate-grey pyramid appeared from the Warp,while Loki

dropped his flamer and clutched his temples. From the bottom of the Monolith a shaft of brilliant green light appeared,stabbing downwards into the tower.

Karl yelled to his pack,directing their fire into the same side while Morgan grabbed Loki and charged into the tower with the rest of the pack behind him

hunting the last squad.Pup took the lead,his senses sharp even for a Space Wolf,nose twitching as he follows the scent of metal and warp-residue from his

prey.The sharp eyes of the Wolves pierced the dim light in the corridors they stalked through,aided by a soft glow emanating from the bottom edge of the

walls. The first evidence of their prey came as they turned a corner in the maze the tower was quickly becoming and discovered the mangled remains of a Necron,its metallic skull cracked and mangled by the twin blades that seemed to have slid from the walls. "It's trapped" whispered Pup,his movements now more cautious as the pack slipped around the fallen Necron. Five more times did the pack find destroyed Necrons that had activated traps,and many more traps that had been triggered but had either not injured the Necrons or they had repaired. Skepti had moved up right behind Pup as they bunched up at an intersection. Pup raised a closed fist,before holding up four fingers and pointing down the corridor to their right.Pup started to charge forward,but Skepti placed a restraining hand on his shoulder,shaking his head and motioning to wait for the rest of the squad. As one the squad gathered and then charged forward with a howl,tearing through the allready decimated squad far easier then before. While Thorfin paused to place rounds into each eye,Morgan motioned the squad forward down the hallway,his ears having caught the sounds of machinery humming and grinding in the distance.

As the pack stalked forward quietly,the alien sounds of machinery increased to a low rhythmic drone which came from the room ahead as the pack turned a final corner,revealing a room filled with alien machinery,all seeming to feed into a low pillar upon which a cylinder of crystal spun in a beam of light. Standing

in front of the pillar and seeming to dwarf everything in the room stood a metallic skeleton-like figure covered in strange decorations and fully twelve feet

tall. In one hand it held a gigantic metal staff,with a five foot scythe blade glowing a bright green while it's other hand seemed to be pressing buttons

upon the panel of the pillar. Springing forward,Hel slammed two chainswords in a overhand arc towards the Necron Lord's back,only to see it spin in a tight

circle,catching both on the blade of the scythe and deflecting them away before bringing the butt of the scythe around into Hel's temple,stunning the young

Blood Claw easily. Thorfin ran forward,bolt guns blazing only to be caught around the throat by the Necron,the ceramite collar,while saving his throat from

being crushed instantly, was beginning to buckle under the terrible pressure and starting to dig into his throat.While Thorfin had ran forward,Wreck had

dived sideways,bringing his chainknives around to leave gouges along the Necron Lord's leg. The Necron Lord spun the Scythe in a low arc,causing the rest of

the pack to dive backwards before raising it up,preparing to bury it in Thorfin's face. Seeing this,Skeggi charged,his Maul slamming into the Necron Lord's

side and crumpling the armor there. The Necron Lord responded by swinging the War scythe downwards,the point entering Skeggi's shoulder,slicing through the ceramite armor,muscle,bone and both of his hearts before the tip exited Skeggi's opposite hip and forcing the giant Blood Claw to his knees.His maul falling to the ground,Skeggi reached up both hands,one grabbing the haft of the Scythe,the other pinning the Necron Lord's hand to the scythe,his muscles tightening as death claimed him. The rage that overtook the rest of the pack at the sight of their fallen brother drove them into a killing frenzy,blades gouging out chunks of the living metal as if it had been fed into a wood chipper. Skeggi's massive weight and deathgrip on the scythe insured that the Necron was unable to defend himself as it was torn to peices by the vengeful Blood Claws.

The pack had gathered once more at the Alehouse,though their mood was far more somber then in times past.The center of the table was dominated by Skeggi's maul,while the empty seat at the table was a visual reminder of the empty spot in their hearts. Quietly they told of Skeggi's deeds of bravery and of their fondest memories of the gentle giant. Morgan knew that this release of pain and sorrow was neccessary,for there is no pack that does not howl with grief at the loss of one of their own. Finally,when the tales were done,Morgan rapped his now empty stein on the table and spoke to the pack "Skeggi knew that what he did that day would end in his death. He chose to give his life to save Tap and the rest of his pack. No words can give proper tribute to such deeds. All we can do is strive constantly to prove worthy of such devotion as he showed." Thorfin,now known as Doubletap or Tap for short, nodded. His voice was a harsh croak as he was still recovering from the near-crushed throat as he said "He was the greatest of us all,and he will fight at Russ's side at the Wolf time"

The Alehouse fell silent as the Wolf Lord entered,his purposeful stride bringing him to the edge of Morgan's table. His harsh features softened slightly at the looks of grief amongst the pack before reaching down to lift up Skeggi's maul and hefting it in his hand. Pup let slip a low growl,tensing and ready to challenge for the return of the maul before Hel and Skepti both placed a hand on his shoulders,restraining him. The rest of the pack stared intently at the Wolf Lord,surprise and anger showing clearly on their faces. Taking a step back,the Wolf Lord raised his voice,filling the Alehouse with the echoes. "It is the right of the Wolf Lord to choose his Guard as he sees fit,And both tradition and his privilege to reward the Bravest and most Honorable of his Wolves with the title of Wolf Guard, to serve at his side with nothing short of death separating them. Today, I found a Wolf whose courage more then earned such a reward,and whose honor and love for his pack mates should be held as an example for all of us to emulate. I found this Wolf too late to reward him in life for death had all ready claimed him. But he will be remembered as having earned the highest honor I can bestow,as a member of my Wolf Guard and a brave Son of Russ." With that,the Wolf Lord slipped a adamantite ring onto the maul just above the hilt,clamping it tight before stepping to the wall and placing the maul upon the wall,placing it with the weapons of those Wolf Guard that had fallen in battle in the past. Morgan's thumb slid along the Adamantite ring around his finger as he bowed his head in respect,while the rest of the Wolves in the Alehouse did the same.

Sorry about the delay in getting the rest of this chapter out,it took me a good while to figure out exactly how i wanted to handle it. The imagery in that last fight had been sticking with me,the whole idea of something similar to the bravery shown by those soldiers who have had the courage to jump on a grenade to save their squad and how the survivors would deal both with their own grief and honoring their memory. So in effect this chapter is meant as a tribute to those who have had the courage to sacrifice everything for their brothers.

Garroz revved the engine.leaning slightly to bang on the gas tank with the butt of his shoota,the red painted bike raising a dust storm as it careened

through the alleyways of 'Dis Place' known to the humans that had lived there as Seladaris IV. Five more bikes followed,their engines screaming as the Orks

hunted for refugees and those too poor or too proud to have began evacuating. Noz watched in suprise as Garroz's bike suddenly veered off course suddenly

riderless,While Garroz dangled from the thin wire strung from the roof,the loop of steel having dropped around his neck and drawn taut,digging halfway into

the Ork's thick neck and showering Noz with thick black-green blood. Noz's amazed expression was cut short by the blade of a chainaxe, his speed only ensuring the jagged teeth cut through handlebars and Ork flesh without pause. The remaining four Bikerboyz wheeled about,opening up with a hail of bullets at the edge of the roof and the mouth of the alley where Skepti had made his ambush. A jet of flame washed out from what had appeared to be an empty building,washing over one of the bikers,boiling flesh and causing the volatile tank of fuel on the bike to explode,peppering a second biker with flaming shrapnel. The two remaining bikers gunned their motors,ready to blast past the ambush site when a fist sized ball of superheated plasma blasted through the side of an Ork skull,cooking it instantly. The last biker fared slightly better then its companions in that it actually saw it's killers,as Tap and Miklos stepped out of cover and peppered him with bolt rounds. As the Blood Claws regrouped,Tap busied himself with planting two bullets in the skull of each Ork.

Yesterday,the Space Wolf cruiser "Blackclaw" had come out of the Warp,responding to a distress call from Seladris IV. An Ork warpship had crashed into the

planet and unleashed a screaming tide of green destruction. The Wolves had quickly spread out,securing the space ports located in each city and then

spreading outward,ensuring the steady stream of refugees escaped safely. For close to 30 hours straight,the Space Wolves had been scouring the outskirts of

the great cities,as ship after ship filled with those escaping their world. Imperial guard from the Jantine Patricians formed the inner-most ring of defense

but were far too few to try a counter attack,which left the Space Wolves to take on the responsibility of slowing or stopping the Orks. The Wolves began

their hunt eagerly,slaughtering Orks wherever they found them.

Morgan's pack regrouped in the first floor of a ruined bank,its thick walls shaking at the impact of rokkit fire from the mob of Orks whose outriders they

had slaughtered moments before.The squad spread itself out,ensuring that each entrance was defended,while Loki and Damian did their best to discourage any charges from the mass of Orks. Behind the ranks of greenskins,growling and spitting stood a Ork a full head taller then the rest,his lower jaw seemingly

replaced by a metal implant. His gestures towards the bank made his intentions plain,but the Orks seemed disinclined to make the charge across the open

square. With a sudden snap,the mechanical klaw on the larger Ork's arm removed the head of one of the mob,before pointing the blood-splattered klaw at the bank once more,causing the gathered Orks to howl and charge across the square,swinging their choppas and firing their shootas in all directions. At this Tap chuckled and said "At least now we don't have to go outside to get to them"

Well our favorite maniacs are back again. I think after this one I might do some shorter stories about them during downtime. I am just not getting in enough games to keep a steady supply of inspiration so I'm gonna have to get down to the game store some more lol. Most of this is coming from having read the Ork codex while watching Lord of the Rings in the background so fully expect wackiness to ensue.Anyways hope you all enjoy the read and feel encouraged to leave comments. Those let me know people are still reading lol.

The greenskins washed over the bank like a wave,pushing their way into the building by sheer numbers.Loki began spraying plumes of blazing hot Promethium, raking the Orks again and again. The first 7 orks to rush the opening he guarded were cooked in place,almost plugging the door with their bodies before Loki was forced to fall back, his flamer guttering to a halt as it's tank ran dry. Hel sprang forward, chainswords spinning and dancing amongst the three Orks that had pushed their way into the room. The first Ork fell,staring at the stumps of its arms before Hel's ceramite-covered foot smashed into it's face and sending it flying backwards. Hel caught the choppa of the second Ork on the edge of a chainsword, but the third slipped past Hel's defenses,swinging a jagged choppa into the space marine's back. The force would have no doubt snapped Hel's spine had Loki not slid behind the Ork right as it swung,wrapping the hose of the flamer around its thick neck and tugging it backward,turning a killing blow into a long but shallow gash. The Ork fell on top of Loki,who wrapped strong legs around its waist and pulled harder on the metal hose,digging it into it's throat deeper and deeper,sawing back and forth as greenish-black blood spilled over both. The Ork's strike had pushed Hel down but that just left an opening for both chainswords to swing up between the Ork's legs,splitting it in half messily.

Meanwhile,on the other side of the building Wreck pulled the pin on a frag grenade,preparing to toss it into the mass of Ork's pushing their

way in but was interrupted by the swing of a Ork's fist hurtling towards his face. Ducking beneath the punch,Wreck used the frag grenade as a fist pack,

slamming two quick punches into the Ork's kidneys,its bellow of pain cut short as he slammed the primed grenade down the Ork's throat before kicking it

through the window and diving forward as the grenade exploded. The Ork's thick body became a shower of deadly fragments,peppering the Orks and causing them to dive into cover. Damian,now crouched on the second floor against the remains of a window,took careful aim at the Nob still guiding the attack. The ancient Plasma Pistol's power pack was almost dry but there was enough for one more shot. "Russ,guide my shot..Help me save my brothers" he whispered as he pulled the trigger,the glow of plasma a brilliant spear as it slammed into the Large Nob,shearing away half of its face in a instant. The Nob fell to a knee before straightening up,growling in pain and defiance. With a roar the Nob charged the bank wall,battering its way in with the Klaw on its arm.

Pup growled as he met the berserk charge of the Orks pushing their way in,his claws and speed a match for the Orks strength and ferocity. Slamming his

fingers forward, Pup slipped his claws up under the jaw of the Ork he faced,tearing his way up through the mouth and up into the Orks brain in a shower of

gore. Slamming the now twitching corpse forward like a shield,Pup blocked several swings of the newest arrival before slashing sideways with his hand,tearing out a handful of the Orks throat. Morgan stood ready to respond to any opening that needed support,so was in a perfect position to meet the charge of the maddened Nob as its Klaw tore through the wall. Snarling with the thrill of the hunt, he slammed the tip of his Power Sword into the Nob's arm,sliding the blade between the bones of the arm and pinning its Klaw to the wall. The Nob leaned forward,snapping its jaws at Morgan's face just as he brought up his Storm shield,shattering his metal jaw with the force enhanced edge. Flicking the stud on the handle,Morgan slammed the spike of his shield into the Nob's remaining eye.

Miklos and Tap meanwhile held the third entrance,a torn section of wall along the back of the bank. Time and again,Miklos's Powerfist liquified the skull of Orks, while Tap's bolt pistols interrupted any attack on Miklos,shattering wrists and elbows with rapid pinpoint shots. Miklos brought his fist up a final

time,punching into the chest of the last Ork pushing its way in, energized fingers finding the Ork's heart and squeezing it to pulp. Tap meanwhile began his

after-fight ritual,ensuring that none of the fallen Orks would ever recover.

Morgan lead the pack back out into the street,eyes darting back and forth as the hairs on the back of his neck rose. Each of the rest,save for Loki,shuddered and looked around for the source of their sudden discomfort. Loki moaned in pain,a trickle of blood seeping from his nose as he staggered forward into the ruined street,his empty flamer falling to the ground. A Ork trukk sped through the streets,slamming into a ruined building in front of the pack rather then bothering to stop. Tumbling out of the wreckage came a stunted Ork, a corona of red energy playing about its head as it giggled,capering and bouncing around the wreckage. From behind the Weirdboy came its two handlers,long sticks with crude prods raised to spin the Weirdboy around and face him towards the Wolves. Loki stumbled forward, his bright red hair slipping loose of its topknot and blowing in a unseen breeze, his hands coming up in front of him as if shielding himself and his comrades as the Weirdboys wildly rolling eyes focused finally, two brilliant red bolts of energy bursting from them and grounding into Loki,his hands catching flame as they absorbed the unfocused Psychic energy. To the rest of the Pack, Loki's arms seemed to burst into flames before he pushed them forward,sending two sheets of flame roaring through the air and slamming into the Weirdboy and his minders,rendering them to ashes in seconds. Loki then slipped to his knees before slumping forward,falling face first to the street. Morgan stepped forward,slipping his arms under his shoulders as Pup grabbed his legs,hoisting him up before moving back towards the spaceport.

The rest of the Pack looked to Morgan, their eyes full of concern for their unconcious brother and the powers he had exhibited. "It's not like any Rune

Priest I have seen before, but they will know what to do. Do not worry pups, Loki will be fine" Morgan said, though his calm tone hid his own misgivings.

I am sure some of you saw this coming but I hope you like how I handled it. I think the next story or two will revolve around their promotion to the ranks of the Grey Hunters,and probably a couple of them splitting off into different roles. I was kind of thinking that Hel and Pup might end up as scouts. Loki of course will be my chapters Rune Priest. Though I think that I have at least one good story with Loki before he becomes trained lol. Damian is destined to eventually become the Wolf Lord of the Chapter but I know I can get a good bunch of stories of him first. The rest I haven't decided yet..but I think they will make amusing Grey Hunters. Anyways..will continue this with the next story in a couple days. Possibly involving them getting off world before Exterminatus.

The crunch of their ceramite-covered boots on the street thundering as they jogged up the street caused the Jantine Patricians standing guard at the south

entrance of the city to raise their Lasguns,all set on maximum power setting and fully able to stop a charging orc at 50 meteres,before lowering them at the

welcome sight of the grey-clad Wolves. The Seargent stepped forward,noting the unconcious Loki being carried between Tap and Skepti and pointed towards the city. "6 blocks down and two to the right is the Medbay. It's jammed full but maybe they will have something to help your man" Morgan nodded a thanks at the Patrician and headed that direction,knowing full well that it would be easier to deal with them thinking that Loki was gravely injured then what had really happened. Once out of sight of the gate,Morgan said "find us a vehicle...we need to get to the Space port and get Loki to the Fang" Wreck's eyes lit up and he turned,ready to rush down the street before Pup smacked him on the back of the head "We need a Vehicle to avoid attention,not a smoking crash to attract it!" Wreck's expression was one of disappointment but not even he could argue with Pup's logic,who then took off down another street,his keen nose following the scent of vehicle fuel. Two minutes later,the com link flared with "No good Morgan...There ain't a vehicle within a mile that isn't well attended and in use.On the way back" Once Pup had rejoined the squad,they started moving through the city towards the spaceport and the Black Claw cruiser waiting there.

Orders had come in that Morning,just as Morgan was busy trying to consider how to explain their return,stating that the Imperial navy had arrived,with a

small detachment of Inquisition to authorize Exterminatus once all that could be evacuated had been and that all units were to fall back to the cruiser and

prepare to leave.Tap had responded over the pack channel with "Well..I don't know if Luck is getting ready to favor us,or to bend us over!" Morgan had then

had the pack wait half a day to ambush a Ork patrol and to ensure they werent the first ones back,knowing that they had been one of the farther units out and that more Marines around would make it easier to blend in.

The pack moved up the side streets,doing what Damian had called 'March Casually.' The dark grey nose of the Black Fang was a welcome sight to the pack as it rose over the horizon.Their steps quickened pace as they drew closer,and the pack drew a collective sigh of relief as they entered the Port Plaza. Morgan turned back towards the pack and told them to support Loki between them,making it less obvious that he was catatonic as there did not appear to be any other Wolves in the plaza at the moment. As they turned the corner towards the ramp leading to the Cruiser,they quite literally stumbled over a pair of hunched over figures in black robes,their eyes bound in purest white samite cloth wraps. "Hold a moment" came a loud voice,dripping with Arrogance and an icy malice.

The tone caught the pack off guard,while the closeness of the two robed figures set Loki to moaning and whimpering in pain. The scene had drawn stares from around the plaza before the small adamantite symbol held aloft by the man who had spoken set their eyes to the ground or looking away. The Seal of the Inquisition,and the business of those who bore them, were not the business of anyone who didn't wish to be 'interrogated' themselves. The Inquisitor,flanked by two hulking monstrosities that seemed much more machine then man and whose arms ended in a metallic claw and the unmistakeable barrel of a plasma cannon, stepped towards the pack and pointed a finger at Loki,causing Morgan to step between the unconcious Blood Claw and him. "That one has the touch of the Warp. As such he is to be taken to the Black Ships." As Morgan blinked in suprise,the rest of the pack shifted slightly,the scent of readiness about them bringing a smile to Morgan's face and a scowl to the Inquisitor,his black greatcoat falling open to reveal the grip of a ornate Inferno Pistol. "Or he can be judged a rogue psyker now and eliminated on the spot"

Morgan took a single step towards the Inquisitor,leaning down to look the man in the eyes. "I can guarentee you this..That any finger you lay upon him I will

feed to you a joint at a time. You have my Oath on that little man." The Inquisitor met his gaze evenly,though tints of red splotched his cheeks and his

scent betrayed great anger. "And at a word,I could have him and your entire pack executed as Psykers and Mutants,and none here would argue!"

As the pair argued,a squad of Patricians had marched by,their Seargent saying over the private channel "Don't interfere..the Wolves can handle this. And it would be your death sentence and likely mine as well for allowing you to interfere with the Inquisition." The rest of the pack stood ready with hands on weapons,Wreck all ready having drawn his Chainknives and holding them against his forearms and hidden,preparing to rush the two Gun Servitors who had allready leveled their Plasma cannon arms at the pack awaiting the word of the Inquisitor to open fire. Behind the Inquisitor had stepped two more,one clad in a black greatcoat like the Inquisitor though his was of much poorer quality,his young face betraying his nervousness though his hands gripped the ornate Storm Bolter never wavered. The other was a strange sight indeed,a stunted creature with a misshapen head and a slack-jawed grin,though its spindly hands held a Bolt Pistol that was aimed somewhat towards the pack.

"That will be quite enough Inquisitor,Stand down now" came a voice that while never raised,still held a tone of command that even some of the pack responded to without realizing it. The Inquisitors eyes widened,now great splotches of red covering his cheeks as he spun around,a stream of angry curses sputtering to a halt at the sight of the grizzled old man walking towards them,his great age and snowy white hair in direct contrast to the strength of his voice or that apparent in his thickly muscled body.The blood drained from the Inquisitors face as he saw who approached,his face now pale,his words of protest or excuse stopped by a calmly raised hand before they had even truly begun and replaced with "L-Lord Inquisitor..I..Yes Lord" as he stepped back,the Gun Servitors and the rest of his retinue allready having obeyed the order to stand down. Stepping forward towards Morgan,and casting his eyes on Loki,he sniffed once and then turned towards the lower ranked Inquisitor. "Hector,Your Mystics should have all ready told you that this boy had no taint of the Daemon upon him,and your training should have told you that the Adeptus Astarte are the ones to take charge of any within their ranks that show signs of ability." Taking a deep breath and shaking his head,the grizzled Lord then continued "And plain common sense should have told you that trying to take a pack mate of a Space Wolf would end in your dismembered body being gift wrapped and sent back to the Administratum. Even could your servitors have held the pack long enough to let you escape with him, the only ships on planet right now are theirs and they would never stand for one of their own being taken like this. You must use your head if you are going to survive as an Inquisitor..Not act like a acolyte greener then the one accompanying you now" as he jerked a thumb towards the acolyte,who had blushed in embarrasment at the scathing words,though his alert demeanor said he was drinking in every word said by the Lord.

"Now then" he said,turning towards Morgan and the rest of the Pack. "He has been touched by the Storm,But I assume you knew that allready didn't you Wolf

Guard?" Morgan blinked and nodded "Yes,in a fight with one of the stunted greenskins the Orks have following them sometimes. He stopped its attack and likely saved us all,before turning and crisping him and his handlers." The pack's suprise only grew as Morgan detailed what had happened. "Unusual...But not tainted by the Daemonic yet,But you must get him to one of your Priests as soon as you get aboard your Cruiser...the trip through the Warp could be very difficult on him if proper precautions are not taken."

After he said this,Morgan straightened up,eyeing the Old Inquisitor Lord carefully before asking "And how do you know so much of the Sons of Fenris?" At this the Lord chuckled,reaching up a hand to pull back his thick hair to reveal a wire-wrapped Kraken Tooth earring. "Because I spent the better part of a decade at the Fang about oh..two hundred years ago give or take. Also,when you return,tell that old ale-guzzler Logan that he still owes me a Rhino filled with Fenrisian Mead for losing that bet. Tell him that he waited till he heard you were in orbit before crapping himself and leaving by private shuttle,and not when he recieved the message about you heading his way" Morgan looked as if he had been struck between the eyes by a thunderbolt as he tried to reconcile the idea of the Great Wolf being referred to in such a manner by anyone. Then his eyes widened more and he grinned widely,remembering tales he had heard. "Aye,that I will Lord.And thank you for keeping things from going...poorly" At this the old Inquisitor chuckled "It's the same for us old men no matter where we serve. All our time spent keeping the young hotheads from getting themselves killed." With a final gesture of farewell,Morgan led the pack up the ramp and to the waiting Cruiser.

Well..as promised another chapter done lol. I think I will probably steal a idea from Warhorse and have them in downtime the next chapter,giving the story of the fight in flashback style format,assuming people don't think that would be too much of a pain to read. Sorry about the delay on getting this one out,was busy this week lol. Anyways hope you all enjoy reading it.

Archived