Operation Reclamation - BT to DIY

Well i'm back on the B+C again after a little absence and with a new filled purpose. :devil:

A while a go I won a carry case full of Black Templars (BT) and have had them gather dust for a while, but now i'm going to take them out and give them some good TLC as the previous owner didn't show them much modelling love. The plan I have for these guys is to finally do something I've wanted to do for a long time, paint every decent DIY chapter I've ever made using the SMP.

Now those who know me will probably do a double take and shout "WHAT!?!" But yes it's true, I'm going to attempt to paint the decent DIY chapters I have made over my time here. Now, when I say decent, I mean ones that look good, and also have symbols already. As mentioned below if I did every single one I'd be killed by the effort (and money), so all my good chapters will be done. Here we go...

So to start here's what the Tactical marines look like now:

gallery_26154_4148_2838573.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_383302.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1067314.jpg

And here are some of the first colour schemes I will use:

The Dark Avengers

The Bone Templars

The Haunters

The Decimators

Avenging Angels (The green however will be darker)

Dark Saviours (The freehanding of the symbol's going to kill me!)

I'll be choosing more later but here's the start, now to my bitz box to find those pesky shoulderpads...

<EDIT> Adding images owuld be helpful...:lol: <_<

Cambrius

Dark avenger, bone Templars or avenging angels is the ones that look the best of the ones listed

As someone who had to comment on all the schemes you had at one point, I know this endeavour is not simply a "WHAT!?", but in fact an elaborate method of suicide. :blush:

As someone who had to comment on all the schemes you had at one point, I know this endeavour is not simply a "WHAT!?", but in fact an elaborate method of suicide. :(

:) Well those with symbols will be getting my treatments mostly Heru. Remember how many were rehashes of older schemes? :)

Thre paint pots will be opened in due course, currently I'm busy trying to shave off a lot of the Humbrol paint used on these guys...

Cambrius

Okay small update. I've done a little work on fixing the marines up to look a lot better before being repainted, including taking a very badly posed head off of one and then using my "Cambirus Pattern" helm conversion, made from a Mk. VI "Beaky" helm, previously used in my Sternguard onto the marine:

gallery_26154_4148_1897285.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_3340125.jpg

Will get to work on painting soon.

Cambrius

Some paint has hit a model and is starting to shape up!

I've decided that the first chapter of mine I'll be painting up is the Decimators, whose IA is somewhere here on the boards and its the first painting i've done in aorund 3-4 months so I'm happy to be getting into the groove again.

gallery_26154_4148_1918337.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1918345.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1918369.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1918376.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_1918481.jpg

Comments appreciated.

Cambrius

Another day, another model. This time I've started work on a Steel Hunters model, using the ocnverted helm I made from a beaky helm earlier:

gallery_26154_4148_2102222.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_2102155.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_2102163.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_2102213.jpg

gallery_26154_4148_2102773.jpg

And finally a pic of both my Steel Hunter and Decimator:

gallery_26154_4148_1902055.jpg

When I get back home from Univeristy my production will pick up a lot more and also I can get some transfers on to help with the symbols as I left them at home last semester. :jaw:

Comments appreciated. :)

Cambrius

... ALL of them?! You must be completely mad :) I'll have to alert the local morgue at this rate ;)

Seriously though, good luck and try not to fall asleep :P As for what's produced so far, it's look pretty decent. Washes here and there can work wonders, and it seems from some of the photos that the paintjob is a bit grainy. Hope you stripped the models before putting new paint on them :P

... ALL of them?! You must be completely mad :o I'll have to alert the local morgue at this rate ;)

Seriously though, good luck and try not to fall asleep :P As for what's produced so far, it's look pretty decent. Washes here and there can work wonders, and it seems from some of the photos that the paintjob is a bit grainy. Hope you stripped the models before putting new paint on them :P

Well slight edit after looking through the amount of marines necessary I'll be doing all the good colour schemes, so certain ones won't be done (like the Blue Meanies for example. :)) but this is going to be an endeavour and a half.

Ermm... :) Well no as the guys had only been primed and had a bit of humbrol white paint over them. I've worked on getting rid of the white paint and it's come out pretty well.

Coming soon more marines, stay tuned!

Cambrius

Oooh, shiny!

I love how the blue eyes go together with the dark metallic in yous Steel Hunter scheme.

Needs more colour and details, however. A model done entirely in metallics & washes isn't too impressive. Great potential, though!

Hmm, I'm sure I posted here before ;) Guess not. :P

I look forward to this Cambrius. I've seen the massive amounts of schemes you've churned out and I wanna see a bit off fluff for each of them as well as the models. Hows that for a challenge now, huh?

Hmm, I'm sure I posted here before :cuss Guess not. :cuss

I look forward to this Cambrius. I've seen the massive amounts of schemes you've churned out and I wanna see a bit off fluff for each of them as well as the models. Hows that for a challenge now, huh?

Well some already have had backgorunds written for them, whilst most have the ideas stuck in my head. Perhaps if I do have some backstory for one I'll post up a brief account on them with the completed models.

Cambrius

Archived