BA vs SW

well at those poins i would think 3-4 pack of grey hunters with 2 melta or 2 plasma guns each. maybe 2 langfang packs with 5 missles in each. expect 1-2 rune priests (since i would expect a librarian in your army). thunderwolf cav. if he has the models or speeders if not. that would be about 3-4 rhinos and 2 razorbacks i would think...

kind of hard to help since i don't know what kind of stuff he has. ;)

Um... Blood Angels aren't emo... and that's a DA steroetype, and a dumb one if I may say so.

I'd watch out for a Rune Priest with Tempest's Wrath. Makes all of your Deep Striking units roll for Dangerous Terrain. So that might be a thing to watch out for... I think he shall almost definately take two Grey Hunter packs, as these are the 'Bread and butter' of the Space Wolves.

Ah Balls! seems like my Assault marines will have a tough time landing.......

Also does this include pods and Deepstriking Landraiders?

Actually depends on your interpretation. Clear it with him before the game, and if you can't decide, roll a dice: 1-3, he's right, 4-6, you're right.

Watch out for lone wolves and TWC. Sanguinary Priests are a must. Don't go super elite, get some numbers, you don't want to be outnumbered by wolves. I gotta reiterate on the SP's, without the FnP you are going to lose CC with wolves. Don't let blood claws get the charge. Bring Vindicators. Death company is a mistake. Out manuever him and multicharge and it should be a good match.

The great thing about SW (and kinda bad for you) is that he could bring pretty much anything from the Codex and make it work pretty good so it is very hard to say.

However(!) loads of grey hunters are usually standard as they are great these will probably be in a rhino with a WG pack leader with fist. Other than that he will, as said here before, probably have a Rune Priest with Tempest Wrath which not only makes it hard for deep strikers.. but for jump infantry whatever they do. The second power that priest will have is either living lightning (basically a D6 shot autocannon) or murderous hurricane (3d6 s3 hits and dangerous terrain) which can mess with your plans.

After those basics the force can pretty much be anything.

You... you came to the Fang for advice... on how to beat the Wolves? *shakes head* You sir, have stones :FA:

:Troops: :Troops: :Troops:

Completely agreed.

You'll not find a lot of sympathy here, but I'll tell you to be ready for anything. If no one else has said it, I'll tell you to watch out for the Bloodclaw battering ram. A little searching the forum will tell you what that is.

Is that Land raider, Blood claws, your chappy fello and some special char?

Mind you we can do a better battering ram, 15 DCw/Hammer and PW in Crusader with Reclusiarch, thats 52 standard attacks that woind MEQ's on 3 , 4 PW attacks, 3 TH attacks and 5PW attacks from reclusiarch (non-rerolling to wound) all rerolled to hit and wound on the charge! :devil:

Mind you we can do a better battering ram, 15 DCw/Hammer and PW in Crusader with Reclusiarch, thats 52 standard attacks that woind MEQ's on 3 , 4 PW attacks, 3 TH attacks and 5PW attacks from reclusiarch (non-rerolling to wound) all rerolled to hit and wound on the charge! :confused:

Mind you that we also have access to the LRC. No, we don't get to give our bloodclaws THs, but they can still take one PF/PW per squad. At the very minimum, you're looking at 60 attacks b/c BCs get +2 attacks on the charge. Add in the Wolf Priest with Saga of the Warrior Born, and you're looking at a staggering number of attacks that are all rerolled to hit. The saga lets the WP gain an extra amount of attacks to the number of models he killed the previous turn. The WP, then, gets his base attacks, which are two, plus one for having two weapons, plus one for the charge, then whatever he gets for his saga.

You're looking at 64 attacks for the whole unit in the very least. A good number of which will come from the priest's crozius and either a PF/PW.

If your opponent gets really ambitious (read: eager to spend points), he could take Lukas, which will ruin your day entirely.

I'm not saying your opponent will do this, but it is something some of us around here are known to do.

I still think we have the better battering ram... B)

He will have 3-4 Grey hunters,probably tooled with plasma to prevent Feel no pain. He will have at least one rune priest with Tempest's wrath,possibly two.

Against a Blood Angel it is very likely that he will also have 2 squads of Long fangs,lots of lascannon and missile launchers.

If you have chosen correctly,I would recommend using your Baal predator to either flat out scout move and then rush forward to flame his long fangs,or outflank it,depending on if you go first or not. Your best hope is to try and engage his rune priest before you bring your assault marines forward,otherwise they will hit last,you will probably lose 1-2 from dangerous terrain and it will be very nasty for you lol.

And since the Blood Angels in the past have been quite good at assisting myself and others in their tactics,I would find it very odd if my fellow Wolves were less helpful.

It is unfortunate that you didn't have an idea of what models your opponent has or has

preference to use, as the Space Wolves Codex has a range of options at our disposal.

I should expect 2 Grey Hunters, 1 Thunderwolf Cavalry with Lord and 2 long fangs as well

as Land speeders and most definitely a Rune Priest. But then that is because they're my

own preferences. You could just as easily expect Drop Podding Wolf Guard with Combi Plasmas

and Vindicators, or as mentioned earlier Blood Claws with Arjac and Wolf Priest. It is very

hard to say.

My experience from playing my brother (a BA player) is that the games I win are won later on in the game but the games that he wins are won nearer to the beginning of the game. Point being, the BA need to make the biggest impact as early in the game as possible. Just beware of his left hook afterwards :P

Mind you we can do a better battering ram, 15 DCw/Hammer and PW in Crusader with Reclusiarch, thats 52 standard attacks that woind MEQ's on 3 , 4 PW attacks, 3 TH attacks and 5PW attacks from reclusiarch (non-rerolling to wound) all rerolled to hit and wound on the charge! :devil:

Mind you that we also have access to the LRC. No, we don't get to give our bloodclaws THs, but they can still take one PF/PW per squad. At the very minimum, you're looking at 60 attacks b/c BCs get +2 attacks on the charge. Add in the Wolf Priest with Saga of the Warrior Born, and you're looking at a staggering number of attacks that are all rerolled to hit. The saga lets the WP gain an extra amount of attacks to the number of models he killed the previous turn. The WP, then, gets his base attacks, which are two, plus one for having two weapons, plus one for the charge, then whatever he gets for his saga.

You're looking at 64 attacks for the whole unit in the very least. A good number of which will come from the priest's crozius and either a PF/PW.

If your opponent gets really ambitious (read: eager to spend points), he could take Lukas, which will ruin your day entirely.

I'm not saying your opponent will do this, but it is something some of us around here are known to do.

I still think we have the better battering ram... B)

Ragnar + 14 BC (with PW) + Wolf Guard Pack Leader (with TH) + Crusader = 5/6 (unsure of Ragnars Attacks) S6 PW I6 Attacks, 4 S5 I5 Attacks, 52 S5 I5 attacks, 3 S9 TH attacks.... charging out of the Crusader. And that is assuming you roll a 1 or 2 for Insane Bravado.

I think Wolves win out with out the Battering Ram. Hell drop a standard BC and add a Wolf Priest with Warrior Born for more S5 I5 PW goodness, that also allows all of the psychos to re-roll their hits...... mind you that is expensive as all hell.

Maximum Statistical Carnage of the Loadout is (assuming a 5/6 for Insane Bravado).....

8 S6 I6 PW Attacks at WS6 (Ragnar)

6 S5 I5 PW Attacks at WS5 (Wolf Priest)

5 S5 I5 PW Attacks at WS3 (BC with PW)

60 S5 I5 Attacks at WS3 (BCs)

5 S9 I1 TH Attacks at WS4 (WG)

All of which re-roll to hit......

With the Priest and Ragnar becoming more dangerous the longer the stay in combat. I feel sorry for whatever that hits at full strength.

Edit:

I'm unsure of a few base Attack Characteristics so fel free to correct them for me.

Bjorn is a real bastard to kill. He put a beat down on Mephiston tonight. And Logan +2 termies weathered a shooting and assault from 10 man RaS, SHP with PW, and elite slot chaplain without flinching or taking a wound before piling the beat train right back.

Wolves are HIGHLY customisable, making them dangerous, and largely unpredictable enemies to deal with. You will have to out play your friend, not out field him, if you get what I mean.

Id be taking a rune priest and be sniping your priests out of your squats, making sure you wont get any FNP

For the rest, it al depends on his playing style, you can field a number of army's wit only the GH's being about the same, and even there there are some big variable, so we cant give you a strait answer.

Well.. the best way I have heard to beat a Space Wolves players as a Blood Angel is to put pressure on his Long Fangs and other shooties fast, assault them to death and consider those units sacrificed. While at the same time using the speed and mobility of our tanks and shooty parts to shoot apart his army from afar. Do not even try to assault his counter attacks more than you absolutely have to.

He will have 3-4 Grey hunters,probably tooled with plasma to prevent Feel no pain. He will have at least one rune priest with Tempest's wrath,possibly two.

Against a Blood Angel it is very likely that he will also have 2 squads of Long fangs,lots of lascannon and missile launchers.

No he won't.

No he won't.

that does no really help the OP. why won't he? thats what he needs to know. :P

No he won't.

that does no really help the OP. why won't he? thats what he needs to know. :)

Did you read who the OP will be facing...maybe Brother Stormbrow's response will make more sense

Brother Stormbrow you must have left quite the impression among your peers. So many would offer up advice to contribute to your opponent!

Either that or we need to allocate more funds to the no Wolf left behind literacy program...

Archived