MK2 scouts

Here are my MK2 scouts:

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/003-6.jpg?t=1278084482

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/002-7.jpg?t=1278084482

Ive made a few changes to the original scout models, ive switched the scout bodies to actual PA (sergeant has MK8) this suits things like power fists but more importantly it enables me to use marine heads as opposed to those poor scout heads.

That torso change was so subtle I passed over it until I read that last bit of text. Did you have to greenstuff any bits up to fit properly or did you shave down the torso in areas and it popped right on?

No greenstuff was used in the making of this model :)

seriously though it does take alot of trimming i remove most of the PA belt but leave the buckle and then remove the buckle from the scout waist so it sits flat.. the worst scout legs are the ones with the pouches and holsters that stick above the wasitline, it requires a lot more trimming

Time do redo my scouts lol, do you mind if I borrow this method?

No mate, its free to all.. let me know if you have any problems it can get quite tricky.. the key is not to remove the belt completely but leave a couple of mm's and then shave it flat.

no worries.. i was wondering if anyone can guess from this pic what bits i used:

http://i708.photobucket.com/albums/ww87/greatcrusade08/002-7.jpg?t=1278084482

legs: standard scout legs

torso: ??

head: ??

left arm: ??

right arm: ??

Lets see here...

torso: Mk 8 sergeant armour from the tactical box

head: Spacewolf head?

left arm: Assault sergeant powerfist

right arm: scout from LSS, guy hanging on the right hand side. I have the same bit spare, I used the old metal scout biker boltgun with drum mag.

Nice work GC08, I may do the same. It bulks them out very well, and looks like it 'should' be there :cry:.

RoV

torso: Mk 8 sergeant armour from the tactical box

head: Spacewolf head?

left arm: Assault sergeant powerfist

right arm: scout from LSS, guy hanging on the right hand side. I have the same bit spare, I used the old metal scout biker boltgun with drum mag.

not a bad guess, the left arm is actually a lightnening claw from the SM commanders set that i converted, the head is the commander culn one.

thanks for the positive comments so far, i agree the PA looks like it should be there.

im wondering about the back of the models.. have you cut down the bit that joins the power back to the marine? id suggest either doing so, converting some scout armour esque stuff or adding some backpack related goodness to cover the back area.

other than that id consider doing the "knuckle duster" on the sarge in metallics, but thats just me.

nice work. :)

Archived