An open invitation to a big Tournement if it happens

HsojVvad

Hello all. I just found a place where I could hold a big tournement for a get together and have a few games for fun and good times. I thought I would ask here, because you are my online brothers and I visit the DA part of B&C the most 99% of the time in DA. I wouldn't even know where to post this if this is in the wrong place.

I live in Brantford, Ontario Canada. I know it's the middle of no where, but I have lernt 40K gamers like to travel. If enough people are interested in showing up, I am willing to reserve this place so we can all get together for a few games, all day and nite.

So if you like to travel and wish to get a hotel, let me know, my wife knows some people at the hotel wich might be able to get you good rates. But before I even set a date, it will be a Saturday for shure, I want to see if there is interest. I believe we can hold 20 or more tables. It's in a church auditorium wich also acts as a basket ball court, and hold small to medium size events.

So if interested and serious about showing up, let me know. Once I get the numbers, then I can start a date and more details. Price of course is how many people attend. The more, the cheaper it will be.

I never did anything like this before, but willing to learn and try. So let me know if interested in showing up first of all. Then dates can be arranged later. If all goes well this can be a yearly, or bi yearly or quarterly event if all goes well.

I'd suggest posting this in the Community subforum...and look for Canadian players :cry: I'd love to go, but... Barcelona - Ontario is probably a bit expensive for just a weekend of W40k xDDD

Hello all. I just found a place where I could hold a big tournement for a get together and have a few games for fun and good times. I thought I would ask here, because you are my online brothers and I visit the DA part of B&C the most 99% of the time in DA. I wouldn't even know where to post this if this is in the wrong place.

I live in Brantford, Ontario Canada. I know it's the middle of no where, but I have lernt 40K gamers like to travel. If enough people are interested in showing up, I am willing to reserve this place so we can all get together for a few games, all day and nite.

So if you like to travel and wish to get a hotel, let me know, my wife knows some people at the hotel wich might be able to get you good rates. But before I even set a date, it will be a Saturday for shure, I want to see if there is interest. I believe we can hold 20 or more tables. It's in a church auditorium wich also acts as a basket ball court, and hold small to medium size events.

So if interested and serious about showing up, let me know. Once I get the numbers, then I can start a date and more details. Price of course is how many people attend. The more, the cheaper it will be.

I never did anything like this before, but willing to learn and try. So let me know if interested in showing up first of all. Then dates can be arranged later. If all goes well this can be a yearly, or bi yearly or quarterly event if all goes well.

Well I live in Europe... although I do have family in Canada... now if only some of them will get married or something :rolleyes: First I would like to say cool idea but also that it is hard work... you can hold 20 tables... but do you have 20 tables and terrain? If not can you make some for cheapish or know people who will help with this and will let you have some of theirs (maybe a local gamestore?). Ok lets assume you have everything... players tables and so on (if the hotel has a bar you are all set :mellow:)... now assuming you are not going to pay for this yourself how much will fees be and how will you allow people to pay in advance (if they have paid in advance you have the money so you are covered and it means they are less likely to get meh can't be bothered...) also if you make a bit of spare cash maybe you can get a few prizes ^^ talk with your local gamestore seriously if it gives them a bit of advertising they may help out a bit...

Being organised is key to having fun in a tourny... serious or not... oh and also pre-made PDF of tourny rulings where issues exist... I don't know if you have run an event of this size before so I'm warning you it takes a bit of work... but I think it could be cool if you can get enough people!

That is great advice Hellios, thank you very much. No I don't have the money to be making terrian. I would be needing help for that, or just make shure, that this is a just for fun gathering and I am supplying the space for the get together and bring you own terrian.

I am going on the basis of this is a socializing event so nothing too serious. I was going to look into for some gaming stores that are 1/2 hour away if they want to participate. But I will not even start asking them, until I know people are actually interested in showing up or not.

I havn't even thought of a bar, even though there is a bar avaliable for it. I will have to keep that in mind. I am a non drinking I didn't even think of other people would like a few drinks when the played.

Not shure if any Americans can hold the Canadian Beer LOL. ^_^

That is great advice Hellios, thank you very much. No I don't have the money to be making terrian. I would be needing help for that, or just make shure, that this is a just for fun gathering and I am supplying the space for the get together and bring you own terrian.

I am going on the basis of this is a socializing event so nothing too serious. I was going to look into for some gaming stores that are 1/2 hour away if they want to participate. But I will not even start asking them, until I know people are actually interested in showing up or not.

I havn't even thought of a bar, even though there is a bar avaliable for it. I will have to keep that in mind. I am a non drinking I didn't even think of other people would like a few drinks when the played.

Not shure if any Americans can hold the Canadian Beer LOL. :)

They have those beer hats so they don't have to hold them ;) you know the ones with the holders and straws! The reason I mention the bar is that if this goes ahead, people do like a few drinks but also you might you might get the room cheaper if you let them run refreshments in there I've heard conference rooms being used for free as they then make the money off the bar (which is often expensive... but that is life).

Archived