Next ultra-meet ideas

howdy all.

with the torunament im running seemingly taking on the role of an impromptu meet when do we want to run the next meet?

If this one is on septemer, im thinking jan/feb to let everyone get over the xmas period??

Any ideas for location/theme etc.

Ive been thinking for a while now that it would be good to do a team event, maybe challenge the space wolves, they have a team that meets on occasion too.

end of jan sound's perfect.

good idea about the wolves, kind of a chapter vs chapter affair. maybe somewhere new as a venue so we can broaden our horizon's(so to speak) we had talk of wales last time, waaanial000 was organising it if i remember rightly. what happened to his plan?

Wan was going to see about holding one at sad muppets place in his neck of the woods, but due to commitments etc he couldnt sort it.. wales was suggested by someone else.

I agree though a change of scene would be nice, but we would then need an established games club or GW to hold us all

how about firestorm games over here in cardiff?

is a great venue and would give me a chance to meet some of you guys since transport is a bit limited for me at the moment.

also jan sounds good, might actually get some painting finished by then!

I will see what I can do about finding a location near me, maybe borrowing terrain and tables from somewhere, but I wouldn't get your hopes up (I live near Wan so should at least shoulder the burden as he has done well by me regarding gaming!

Anyway, I'm going to the GT if I can get a ticket, so hopefully someone else will be joining me :)

If you like I can buy you a ticket when I buy mine and you can just pay me back when you have the money?

Interesting idea...

Whats the date, how much is the ticket etc.. ill have to broach this with the wife so id need all the info.

thanks mate

Tickets go on sale 12th July and the GT this year is only a single one Novemember 20th and 21st.

Let me know by Sunday! :D

Will do mate, ill sit down with the wife tonite and make sure i can find the money

edit: she said book it, looks like im going to my first ever GT :P

Does this mean the scouts are getting their first outing to a GT?

Better brush up on their skills, polish their boots and ready the guns!

Aslong as Idaho can get the tickets before they sell out then yes my boys will be attending thier first ever GT... it was a long standing wish of mine to take a tenth company force to the UKGT.. lets hope i can do well

Good luck GC and Idaho. Your gtys will go far, I know that. Im planning on next year (if my Knights Griffon are done) or the year after.

I dont know about the next meet. If its close enough maybe. Otherwise I have no idea.

Yeah sorry gents I had to ditch out of planning this one (typically enough the club event I got roped into arranging fell flat on its face and we could have had the damn place almost all to ourselves next week- life aint it a bitch).

However I do now have the details and contacts to arrange booking my hall, again though my life commitments preclude me from doing anything with said information until mid Jan/Feb. I also am still on semi self imposed travel ban until I believe April next year (those who spoke to me during the last meet will know all to well the agreement I had with my Misses) so I wouldnt be able to attend anything other than local to me until this time.

That said there are a couple of locations in my neck of the woods which could hold the next Ultra meet. My club being one strong contender, Westburys Triple Helix being a second strong contender both of which we would have to pay to play though. Triple Helix is good because its basically about £3 per 3 hours of gaming or something crazy like that. So essentially £6 for a table all day, which isnt bad considering you get a 6x4 with plenty of space for the day. My club we would have to charge in order to share the cost, which means sadly charging people in advance somehow or the cost could escalate for those that turn up or the person who arranges it.

Either way it costs more money on top of the travelling. Something I am sure will put people off.

I am still kicking about every now and again guys but I am kind of in a 40K lull at the moment. I am (shock horror) selling my Orks and have not picked up a marine in probably about 6 weeks. Have actually started playing that nasty square based game.

Wan

I am still kicking about every now and again guys but I am kind of in a 40K lull at the moment. I am (shock horror) selling my Orks and have not picked up a marine in probably about 6 weeks. Have actually started playing that nasty square based game.

No,not Blood Bowl??!!!! :HQ:

I prefer WAB to WH fantasy, no stoopid magic and the models are soo much cheaper

Going WAY off topic for a 40K page, check out Mantic Games models. I say this because they are decent quality and a damn sight cheaper than GW models. Plus I am a VC player now so I likes the Stoopid magic ;)

Going back to the topic, I feel moving these meets away from the GW run places to the less central areas would allow more people to get involved. I wouldnt mind involving non Ultras in this though of course I am not strictly speaking one of you anyway with my Crimson Fists. Though the Wolves seem to be a fun bunch and they play differently to our standard marines so it might add a bit more dimension. Hell adding some Chaos players would be a fun way of getting more people from the board involved.

Still theres my post for the month. Back to lurking every now and again.

I agree having a meet that includes another groups would be great, perhaps a B&C meet as opposed to an ultra meet?

your hall would be great just for the sheer number of tables, ifwe got your group involved perhaps someone can do food again and raise money for sad muppets.. a little perk for helping organise it?

I think I pocked my head into an Old ultrameet thread but what kind of format do your ultrameets (or whatever this meet will be) take? 1 day all day events? week end event? Are they essentially hang outs with pick-up games or tourny events with no narrative or a narrative campaign thing where people compete but it is all friendly?

I may keep my eye on this as Wales is nearer to my part of the world... so It might be possible for me to drop by... I might even be able to make the day without making a comment about UMs with the risk of being beaten up by so many UM players... space wolves on the other hand wont be so lucky... yer we might wear dresses but we also wash...

All are welcome, don't let the name put you off!

Maybe we should change the location of these threads in future, to Amicus, although I must say I did put a few threads into the Chaos Forum and (maybe if my memory serves) the Space Wolves forum and only Beef turned up ;)

Archived