Flesh tearers predator

Mortarion

For various reasons I happened to have a spare predator, so I decided to add it to my Flesh tearer army. And in the new codex, they are quite fun to play with. It's painted like the other vehicles in the army, with the exception that it is perhaps a little more ordered, with more unit insignia and designation marks.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/Bulonicus/FT/pred01.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/Bulonicus/FT/pred02.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h233/Bulonicus/FT/pred03.jpg

Thanks! :P

@Chaplain Belisarius: Sure. I primed it black. I then drybrushed all large metal areas (such as tracks, hatches, gun barrels, exhausts, etc...) with Boltgun Metal. After that I repaint the areas around the metal with black to get rid of any spilled metal paint. All the red parts are then painted with old Scab red. Unfortunately, this is not att all the same colour as the new scab red. I thought they were roughly the same, but when I bought a pot of new scab red I realised that they are two completely different colours. I will experiment with mixing colours to get the old one, but I havn't done it yet since there is some old paint still left in the pot.

I then paint all the areas of chipped paint with black. The key here is thinking about where the paint chipping would happen if it was a real vehicle. I then highlight all edges with watered down Blood red. I also highlight around all chipped paint. I know this is not correct from a realistic point of view since the light wouldn't reflect from above the chipping, but I think it looks good. My style is more of a "cartoonish realism". The next step is to paint the chipped areas with boltgun metal, leaving a little black between the metal and the red. The black areas are highlighted with Shadow grey mixed with Chaos black and then Codex grey. As with the red highlight, watered down paints. Any wings are also painted with the same grey colours. I then paint all the freehand and lenses. I add watered down Tin Bitz to key areas of the metal parts. This helps them look more alive, but if overdone it can easily make the vehicle look rusty. The gold parts are painted with Coat d'Arms Bright Gold.

Finally I drybrush Bestial Brown to the areas around the tracks and very lightly over any white parts. A final light drubrush with Bobonic brown is then added to the areas around the tracks.

I hope that helped!

thanks mortarion...can you send me a pm with how you painted your FT? am tempted to get an FT army myself...because of all these nice looking FTs that ive seen on this board! :P

It's the exact same technique as I used for the predator. The only exception is that since marines do not have any large metal surfaces I do not drybrush metal on the. If you have any questions about specific details, PM me and I'll try to answer.

Archived