Tourney Legit TWC/L

Brother Caleb

I'm trying to avoid making Canis conversions because he's so expensive. Plus, I really like several of the models shown in the above stickie. However, I'd like to have tourney ready models should I ever get the opportunity.

Anyone got any ideas?

Plastic Bloodcrushers work out really nicely if you take the time....a guy where I live has a few

Did they get released a month ahead of schedule?

I have a hard time seeing it. Perhaps I lack the imagination.

Filing/shaving/filling in all the chaos parts/indentations. Then green stuff for fur if your going to have any, create a tail brace from a paperclip then green stuff one(if wanted) and sculpting some paws in. The only intersting part will be mounting a marine to it, but that should be doable with a little precise cutting/re-sculpting. They will end up bigger than the canis model simply because of how broad they are but then again, personal opinion here, that just makes them look more BA.

I was at Warhammer world for the War on Terra campaign in May and every wolf player was using Mr Dandy models and the organisers had no issues

You went to the Siege of Terra? Same! ^_^ I'm Skiraxion on the TF website, and I'm pretty much the only Wolf Brother going ;)

As for what is allowed, I'd just bulk up Wargs.

I'm gonna make my own Lukas the Trickster using parts from the Space Wolve Pack, and Space Marine Commander...it has a plasma pistol with a scope, not quite the eldar scope, but I think I can GS it. I will GS fur on his shoulder pads, and possible his head, but there is one that comes close to the actual model. So pretty much every thing you see on his metal version I think I can rig from the plastic parts. I'm also studying on how to do Njal, but that's going to take some thought.

The only intersting part will be mounting a marine to it, but that should be doable with a little precise cutting/re-sculpting. They will end up bigger than the canis model simply because of how broad they are but then again, personal opinion here, that just makes them look more BA.

Oh why would we Wolves, want to make the most wolfish wolf models look like Blood Angels, tell me why or I'll set B. A. Baracus onto you

Shameless plug.

They're in the Thunderwolf Cavalry post. I've been trying to make these for a while and they're 95% done, needing a bit of base work and transfers. I took them to a tournament last weekend and no-one had any problems with them.

They're all GW parts and are a decent size; you'll get an idea from the first pic with the Dread in between them.

Plastic Bloodcrushers work out really nicely if you take the time....a guy where I live has a few

I gave the bloodcrushers another look, and it hit me. I want pretty furry thunderwolves. Most of what was hanging me up, namely all the chaos paraphernalia, could be covered with furry. Which really leaves shaving down the shoulders and doing something with the head and feet. This looks much more promising. Though they look a bit small in the GW website pics.

I gave the bloodcrushers another look, and it hit me. I want pretty furry thunderwolves. Most of what was hanging me up, namely all the chaos paraphernalia, could be covered with furry. Which really leaves shaving down the shoulders and doing something with the head and feet. This looks much more promising. Though they look a bit small in the GW website pics.

Small?!? Look at the bottom two pictures in this link

Those guys are on bases the size of dread's, i'd hardly say they're small

Small?!? Look at the bottom two pictures in this link

Those guys are on bases the size of dread's, i'd hardly say they're small

I trust they are, but I cannot seem to see it in the pics. I need a reference point.

Um Wargs make brilliant thunderwolves, but i think you should try and like phone up/ contact the games workshop community and asked what would be deemed legal, i mean earlier in the post someone said that mr dandy wolves are viable, so anything can happen probably.

Um Wargs make brilliant thunderwolves, but i think you should try and like phone up/ contact the games workshop community and asked what would be deemed legal, i mean earlier in the post someone said that mr dandy wolves are viable, so anything can happen probably.

Are the wargs that big? Since I was thinkign of buying some and use for fenrisian wolves not Thunderwolves.

Archived