"Blood Duel" Arena of Death Competition

Brother Tyler

The hotly anticipated Arena of Death competition for our members begins now. The first round will involve a number of forums have smaller Arena of Death competitions to determine each forum's champion. After that, each of the champions will face each other in a site-wide Arena of Death competition to determine the overall Bolter & Chainsword Blood Duel champion.

In order to fight in the Space Wolves forum, your character must be created using Codex: Space Wolves.

If you desire to submit your character to fight here in the Space Wolves forum, please submit your character as a reply to this topic no later than midnight PST on 22 August.

You can find the rules of the competition, the submission requirements, and ask any questions in the main announcement thread here.

Can't wait.

Name: Kelgrin Stormclaw

Codex: Space Wolves

Unit: Wolf Guard Battle Leader

Wargear/Options: Frag/Krak Grenades, Wolf Claw, Storm Shield, Wolftooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, Saga of the Beast Slayer.

Wargear/Option Abilities: May re-roll to hit or to wound, 3+ invulnerable save, always hits on a 3+, Nullifies psychic powers that target him on a 5+, may re-roll to hit on MCs, walkers, or models with T5 or greater.

Special Rules: ATSKNF, Counter-Attack, Acute Sense

145pts

Moving - Enter close combat as soon as possible.

Shooting - Run except when a charge is possible.

Psyker Powers - Use wolf tail talisman to nullify powers.

Charging/Assault - Enter close combat as soon as possible. Use the wolf claw to re-roll to wound. Sacrifice one attack for one parry.

Voluntary Fallback - Never.

http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l7lvrauSvd1qc405lo1_400.jpg

Can I submit the painted picture of my guy at a later (but not too much later) time? This popping up will force me to re-arrange my painting schedule to fit him in,and two days isn't enough to get a HQ unit up to even tabletop quality as far as I'm concerned.

If allowed I will modify this post to reflect the guy I will be using.

Damian the Skald

Codex : Space Wolves

Unit entry : Wolf Priest

Plasma Pistol, Runic Armor, Crozius Arcanum, Wolf Amulet, Fang of Morkai,Wolf Tooth Necklace, Frag and Krak Grenades.

Acute Senses,Counter Attack,Independent Character, Fearless, Oath of War.

145 points.

Special Instructions :Advance forward,Keep Shooting Plasma Shots into Enemy. Declare Enemy unit type to be object of Oath of War to gain reroll to hit. Extra attack due to Plasma pistol. Crozius counts as Power Weapon. Wolf Amulet gives 4+ invulnerable. Runic Armor gives 2+ armor save.Never needs more then a 3+ to hit in CC.

Moving - [enter your instructions here] Advance forward firing every round.Charge when possible or Counterattack when charged.

Shooting - [enter your instructions here] Shoot Plasma Pistol every round within Range.When in Close Combat,place Plasma Pistol against Enemies Crotchplate and change their religion.

Psyker Powers - [enter your instructions here]Call on Russ's name to Bless the Dice.

Charging/Assault - [enter your instructions here - this is where you’d give Parry instructions]Parry once when facing Powerweapons,Otherwise don't parry and just plant Axe into forehead of Opponent until he falls down.

Voluntary Fallback - [enter your instructions here]Falling Back is something that happens to Other People,a True Warrior of Russ would never give ground. Plus going away from the fight isn't fun.

http://i568.photobucket.com/albums/ss123/wanderingalleycat/th_photo.jpg

First fig I ever painted so it isn't the best job but still decent I hope.

For any moderator that decides to do a actual story of the fight involving Damian,against fellow Space Wolves he will be jovial if he wins,offering them a hand up and a tankard of ale. If he loses he will laugh and buy the winner the first round at the bar. In the unlikely event that he will end up representing the Fang in the wider challenge,he will treat every marine chapter but Black Templars with respect,congratulating them on a well fought battle win or lose. If he beats a Black Templar he will collect his geneseed and send it to the forgeship the owner belonged to. If he beats a Chaos marine he will harvest the geneseed with his bare hands (It isn't good to sully the Fang of Morkai after all) and then crush it.

My Brothers! Wolf Lord Garm Ironhand will join this Battle for the Honor of Russ.

Wolf Lord

Runic Armor

Power Axe

Wolf Tooth Necklace

145 points

Moving- This is a canny warrior, a hunter of warriors. He will always use cover to get close to his opponents, then attack without mercy. Will gladly use grenades on his foes.

Shooting -A well used and cared for bolt pistol has served him well for over 3 centuries.

Psyker Powers -None, but his Runic Armor gives him a 5+ Invulnerable save against wounds caused by psychic attacks.

Charging/Assault - +1 attack due to extra CC weapon, hits on 3+ due to WTN, Counter Attack, Power Weapon

Voluntary Fallback - Once in Close Combat, Garm is cunning, he will fall back to allow his opponent to again try to charge him so he can counter charge. He is skilled enough to parry blows if needed.

Also has, And They Shall Know No Fear, Acute Senses, Frag and Krak Grenades 2+ Armor save due to Runic Armor

Garm is a warrior who is a little quiet for most Wolves. He has watched too many die to protect the Imperium to throw his men's lives away needlessly. Patient and crafty, he welcomes good ideas from his men that will let him take the advantage away from his enemies.

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Kevin-Andra/001-45.jpg

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff303/Kevin-Andra/002-48.jpg

I, Wolf Guard Battle Leader Asvald Hotspur, will join my brothers Warhorse, Requiem, and Caleb in the Arena of Death!

Codex Space Wolves

Wolf Guard Battle Leader

Runic Armor

Frost Axe

Plasma Pistol

Wolf Tooth Necklace

Frag/krak grenades, ATSKNF, Acute Senses, Counter Attack

140pts.

Moving- Make use of available cover for shooting. Prefers not close with opponent, rather waits for them to close to take advantage of plasma pistol and counter-attack. Maintains range long enough to fire 2-3 times with plasma pistol before entering CC.

Shooting- Shoot as much and as often as possible; doesn't hesitate to use frag grenades.

Psycher Powers- N/A; 5+ psychic save from Runic Armor.

Charging/Assault- Doesn't charge, rather waits for opponent to close and take advantage of plasma pistol and counter-attack. Gains +1 S from frost axe, +1 A b/c of extra CC weapon, hits on 3+ b/c of Wolf Tooth Necklace, +1 A from counter-attack when assaulted. Will parry twice against attacks from power weapons (fists, blades/axes, lighting/wolf claws, t-hammers, etc...), but will not parry hits from non-power weapons.

Voluntary Fall Back- Does not fall back.

For our brothers! For the Emperor! And For RUSS!!!

gallery_46800_4847_349872.jpg

gallery_46800_4847_677763.jpg

Hey guys,

Name: Nfälgar

Codex: Space Wolves

Unit: Wolf Guard Battle Leader

Wargear/Options: Thunderwolf Mount, Power Weapon, Wolftooth Necklace, Wolf Tail Talisman, Bolt Pistol

----

Moving: Charge as soon as possible

Shooting: Use fleet

Psyker Powers: N/A

Charging/ Assault: Enter combat as soon as possible, sacrifice 2 attacks for parry

Voluntary Fallback: No reason to do it

-> The mini is still WIP but ill post a pic as soon as possible.

Thanks

Brother Gromgol, the Lost

Codex Space Wolves - Lone Wolf

Power Armor

Plasma Pistol

Storm Shield

Mark of the Wulfen

Frag/krak grenades

WS:5 BS:4 S:4 T:4 W:2 I:4 A:d6+1 LD:8 Sv:3+/3++/4+FNP

ATSKNF, Acute Senses, Counter Attack

Fearless, A Glorious Death (Eternal Warrior & Feel No Pain), Beastslayer

Wulfen (d6+1 attacks, Rending)

A bargain at 80pts. =)

Moving: Advance & charge/counterattack whenever possible.

Shooting: Will always take snap shots with his Plasma Pistol whenever possible.

Charging/Assault: Gromgol will Assault whenever possible & always couterattack when charged. He has d6+1 Rending Attacks (+1 when charging/counterattacking), rolled prior to his attack. If Gromgol's Attacks total 4+ he will parry twice against attacks from power weapons (attacks that ignore armor/invuln saves), otherwise he will only parry once. Against non-power weapon hits he will rely on his Powered Armor/Storm Shield and Feel No Pain. As a Beastslayer he will reroll all failed To Hit rolls (Shooting or Assault) against creatures with a Toughness of 5 or more.

Voluntary Fall Back: Being a Lone Wolf Gromgol is Fearless and will not fall back. He will mercilessly persue any cowards that retreat.

Model: Gromgol, partially (and poorly) painted. Also, I guess he got hungry and chewed off his right thumb. :D

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q245/LordClinto/Wulfen.jpg

Power Armor

Plasma Pistol

Storm Shield

Mark of the Wulfen

Frag/krak grenades

80pts.

Charging/Assault: Gromgol will Assault whenever possible & always couterattack when charged. He has d6+1 Rending Attacks (+1 when charging/counterattacking), rolled prior to his attack. If Gromgol's Attacks total 4+ he will parry twice against attacks from power weapons, otherwise he will only parry once. Against non-power weapon hits he will rely on his Powered Armor and Feel No Pain.

Voluntary Fall Back Fearless, will not fall back.

Model: Needs to be painted

Did you read the rules? HQ...

*edit*

Oooh wicked burn on me...they updated arena of death rules last night for elites now...including LW

Sneaky sneaky

Power Armor

Plasma Pistol

Storm Shield

Mark of the Wulfen

Frag/krak grenades

80pts.

Charging/Assault: Gromgol will Assault whenever possible & always couterattack when charged. He has d6+1 Rending Attacks (+1 when charging/counterattacking), rolled prior to his attack. If Gromgol's Attacks total 4+ he will parry twice against attacks from power weapons, otherwise he will only parry once. Against non-power weapon hits he will rely on his Powered Armor and Feel No Pain.

It's like you read my mind! :D

My character is the exact same as the above.

Power Armor

Plasma Pistol

Storm Shield

Mark of the Wulfen

Frag/krak grenades

80pts.

Did you read the rules? HQ...

*edit*

Oooh wicked burn on me...they updated arena of death rules last night for elites now...including LW

Sneaky sneaky

Seriously? Oh bugger....I submitted my guy before that change came through. Though It would make the painting easier I suppose to use one I had allready planned.

Brother Harkon Deathwolf

Power Armor

Plasma Pistol

Storm Shield

Mark of the Wulfen

Frag/krak grenades

80pts.

Charging/Assault: Harkon will Assault whenever possible & always couterattack when charged. He has d6+1 Rending Attacks (+1 when charging/counterattacking), rolled prior to his attack. If Gromgol's Attacks total 3+ he will parry twice against attacks from power weapons, otherwise he will only parry once. Against non-power weapon hits he will rely on his Powered Armor and Feel No Pain.

I thought wolves were meant to be individal? Harkon is exactly the same as Gromgol, even right down to the sentances. O_o;

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena; whose face is marred with dust and sweat and blood." --Theodore Roosevelt

What does it matter that there are two lone wolves that are the same?

Yes, the codex/fluff does say that SW are individualistic, but that only applies to the great company to which they form a part. Answer me this: What rule states that similar SWs in separate great companies can't have the same tactics? Funny, but I don't ever remember seeing that one.

Besides, like Caleb, I tried to figure out a Lone Wolf for this AoD as well but just couldn't get the points/wargear I wanted either.

I'm sorry, but that is exactly like my Lone Wolf, including the instructions; that's just how I play him. I'll admit, I copied the sentences, but only because I'm really bad giving instructions. Ask anyone.

Fair enough, forgive me if I was at all disrespectful. Just from my hobby background (Yu-Gi-Oh) a complete netdeck is one of those tabboo areas. It probably does not make a difference, just wierded me out when I seen it.

@Brother Caleb

You have no reason to take Saga of the Beastslayer.

I'm looking down the road. However unlikely it is that I make it to the next round, I want to be covered should I face a bike or a Nurgle Lord. Though I'm open to suggestions as to how to spend the 10 pts if I didn't take it.

@Brother Caleb

You have no reason to take Saga of the Beastslayer.

I'm looking down the road. However unlikely it is that I make it to the next round, I want to be covered should I face a bike or a Nurgle Lord. Though I'm open to suggestions as to how to spend the 10 pts if I didn't take it.

Who knows...maybe you will need it against a brother WGBL with a TWM. I'm surprised nobody has submitted one yet to be honest.

WGBL + SS + TWM = 145pts on the nose and would be a tough customer

I also wonder if anyone is going to show up with a dreadnaught based on the elite rules

Oh how I wish I were a model hobbyist instead of a vassalite

Archived