The Angel Seekers

o3gan

The Angels Seekers

Searching for the lost Angel

The Angel seekers are in beleif that one day the inevitable return of Horus will arrive and if Sanguinius is not alive to protect the imperium, then it will fall; and so they make it their sole mission to find the reincarnation of Sanguinius and prepare themselves for the defence of the imperium.

The Angels Seekers Origins

Little is known about the Angel Seekers origins, but due to the Angel Seekers being victims to the Black Rage and the Red Thirst it is known that they are successors to the Blood Angels. Most of the Chapters history is lost, however the little information they have gives them there purpose of, finding Sanguinius and ending the Black Rage.

The Angel Seekers lost almost all information about themselves, including their original name. A fragment of a unknown Chapter (now the Angel Seekers) were found floating through space in a Battle Barge with no memory of how or why they were there. Corpses of Eldar and marines littered the ship with the highest concentration at the Librarium. All documents from within the Librarium were lost and the only record retrieved was found on the dead body of an Eldar seer. The document, stated that Sanguinius and Horus, will be reborn and that it is The Angel Seekers duty to find Sanguinius and prepare themselves to stop Horus invading the Imperium; in the Emperors Absence. The document gave details of the Neqeuo a trial to distinguish who will guide the chapter into finding Sanguinius. Although it is not stated within the document found on the Eldar seer, it is believed that the discovery of Sanguinius will end the Black Rage and red thirst.

The Angel Seekers Beliefs

The Angel Seekers claim that one day Horus will return and aim to overthrow the Imperium; they consider it their mission to make sure Sanguinius is alive to protect the Imperium until the Emperor returns. They believe that Sanguinius be born an “Angel among Men”, The Angel Seekers constantly scour the universe to try and find any leads about where Sanguinius will be born this sometimes leads them into the business of the Blood Angels and its Successors which over the years has lead to extreme friction and almost war. While The Angel Seekers enjoy exploring the business of other Chapters they are extremely secretive of their own. They use cover of “Searching for an Ancient relic” and anyone who gets to close to finding the truth has a tendency to disappear.

As well as searching for Sanguinius the Angel Seekers also look for information on how close Horus is to his return, this leads them down an extremely fine line of which little is known because of the secrecy surrounding it.

When Recruiting the Angel Seekers look for someone who they believe will lead them to Sanguinius. If a recruit is deemed exceptional even among the usual recruits then and shows great psychic ability, then a council including the best of the Chapters Librarians, Chaplains and Apothecaries is used to determine whether said recruit will be put through the Neqeuo, a near impossible set of trials which nearly always results in death, within the chapter it is believed to be the most strenuous recruitment program from the entire Imperium. Only one person has ever survived or succeeded the Neqeuo.

For a Chapter of Space Marines, The Angel Seekers are somewhat relaxed towards mutants; this is most likely because their Primarch was effectively a mutant himself. The Angel Seekers state they are more accepting to mutants because there is a possibility that Sanguinius will be born a mutant again.

The Angel Seekers Homeworld

The Angel Seekers Don’t Have a Homeworld, instead they use the Battle Barge “Deus Domus” as a centre of operations. Deus Domus will usually be found in the Ultima Segmentum near Baal, following leads to where Sanguinius will be born. The Angel Seekers do not have a Homeworld because searching for worthy hosts from all over the Imperium and chasing leads on were Sanguinius will be born requires the chapter to be mobile.

The Angel Seekers recruit for numerous worlds they encounter during their two personal missions, although they have a high number of recruits from the Hive World Purus, a planet in the west of the Ultima Segmentum. The inhabitants of Purus are quite different to the Angel Seekers in the fact that they hate all mutants, even though only one has ever been recorded on the planet. Purus is a planet with major hive cities, outside of the cities are red deserts stretching for miles

The Angel seekers combat doctrine

The Angel Seekers try to replicate the Tactics employed by Sanguinius during his control over the legion The leads the chapter to adapt the Shock Assault tactic Sanguinius was famous for, they utilize high amount of jump infantry to quickly land in the heart of battle and strike the best spots.

The possible schizophrenia Angaelus suffered can lead the Angel Seekers to be very unpredictable when he is in charge. Sometimes some of the Ambushes countered and the traps created are pure genius turning even the battle to the Angel Seekers favour even against impossible odds, however sometimes the commands are darker and men are told to move out of cover with no reason, and are then shot to pieces. On one extreme circumstance the voice in Angaelus’s head claimed that one of the Sergeants in 4th company had been corrupted, a squad of 1st company veterans was sent out to kill them.

The Angel Seekers Organization

The Angel Seekers stick to codex in having 10 Companies however their tenth Scout Company is extremely large, and they keep recruiting. This is because on the discovery of Sanguinius they will be able to give their chapter larger numbers for Sanguinius to control when he combats Horus.

Also as they adopted Sanguinius tactics their battle companies do not adhere to the standard 6 tactical squads 2 assault and 2 devastator squads, instead they favor higher numbers of assault marines of which tactical marines are replaced, the most extreme example of this is the 3rd company which consists of 2 Tactical squads 6 assault and 2 devastator.

Also The Angel Seekers do not have a Chapter master, as they leave the position open for Sanguinius on his return. The Chapter Masters duties are carried out by Chief Librarian Angaelus. Who in nearly all respects but title acts as Chapter Master.

The Angel Seekers Geneseed

It isn’t certain whether the Angel Seekers Geneseed is from Sanguinius but the fact that they share genetic mutations with the blood angels is somewhat a good indication that they are. The Angel Seekers personal missions is also a good indication that they are Blood Angels successor. It is unknown however if the chapter was created by the Blood Angels or by a Blood Angels successor.

The Angel Seekers have the Black Rage and Red thirst. Victims of Black Rage are placed in Cyro Chambers with the belief that upon the discovery of Horus they will be cured and be able to fight as normal.

Chief Librarian Angaelus

It is rare enough to find anyone worthy to partake in the Nequeo, but it is rarer still that anyone should succeed; only one has ever accomplished it and that was Chief Librarian Cruon Angaelus. Cruon Angaelus was found on Minuo during one of the chapters searches for a host.

At the age of twelve Angaelus was a leader of an extremely hostile gang. The Gang made few friends but many enemies, Angaelus’s gang got into a mass war when many of their enemies combined to “take them out”. Under Angaelus’s superior command and tactics the Gang achieved victory only to find the Arbites ready to finish them off, by coincidence the Angel Seekers were looking for recruits in the area, upon hearing about a shoot out between a gang and the Arbites they decided that it would be a good place for recruits. When they arrived all that was left of the gang was Angaelus, The Angel Seekers decided to recruit him.

Angaelus performed exceedingly well compared to the other Neophytes, and generally looked stronger smarter, tougher and quicker than them The Chaplain overseeing him decided to put him through the Nequeo one thousand trials designed to destroy the mind body and soul.

Angaelus is the only person to ever successfully complete the Nequeo meaning he solely would guide the chapter to discover Sanguinius. after completing the Nequeo he was put into the Chapter were he got the best tutoring possible. After being recruited into the scouts, Angaelus told his Chaplain he could hear Sanguinius in his head. He told the Chaplain that Sanguinius and Horus were fighting to speak through him Sanguinius would aid him and Horus would try and reek Havoc through him, the Chaplain believed him and said, “this is a sign that you will lead us to Sanguinius,” sources from outside the Chapter believe that the Nequeo was so damaging to Angaelus’s mind that it gave him Schizophrenia.
Angaelus rose through the Angel Seeker’s ranks and eventually became Chief librarian (the Angel Seekers equivalent to the chapter master) during a war with the Orks in which his the Sanguinius in Angaelus’s head then guided him through how to win the war, guiding him were each attack would be more effective and were in the defense the Orks would attack, the Ork Warlord fled taking his army with them. Sanguinius they guided Angaelus to the Ork planet and aided Angaelus in defeating them.

Examples of the “Horus” in Angaelus’s head are harder to come by as Angaelus believes all of the voices he listens to are Sanguinius, however one such incident is suspected. The voice inside Angaelus’s head told him that the seventh company captain planned to take arms against him and overthrow him. Angaelus’s believing that Sanguinius was guiding him destroyed the entire seventh company. The planet that the seventh company would have been guarding was then attacked by necrons and many citizens killed.

Angaelus encourages his Librarians to delve deep into the Pyschic powers and the warp to try and find Sanguinius or Horus, this is of the highest secracy and even captains from within the chapter are kept in the dark. The people that do know worry that the Librarians are verging on scorcery, any complaint to Angaelus fall on deaf ears as he completely believes that Sanguinius will protect them and keep them on the righteous path.

The Lost Child

Librarian Quaero of the Angel Seekers heard of an infant on Purus (a usually mutant free planet) that had wings. The community wanted the virgin mother to kill the child, as on Purus mutants are hated. If the mother refused then the community would kill her. The mother couldn’t bare to kill the infant herself, and so left it in a Giant Scorpions cove. Quaero went to the Scorpion cove to rescue the infant; he also sent a men to find the mother. When Quaero reached the cove he found the infant surrounded by the bodies of Giant Scorpions, the child didn’t even have a scratch on it, other than a strangle mark burnt onto its neck. Other than the abnormal scar on its neck and the 2 feathered wings spouting from its back, it looks like a usual platinum haired child. The mother was found dead, due to unknown causes. Quaero was convinced that he had found Sanguinius, and he reported it to the chapter master.

The Blood Angels chief librarian Mephiston heard of the “rebirth of Sanguinius” and was furious that the Angel Seekers were claiming they had found him. He disbelieved them. Mephiston ordered Quaero to bring the child and meet him, for he would decide whether the Angels Seekers had truly found the reincarnation of Sanguinius. Quaero was worried, he believed that Mephiston wanted to take the child from him, he went to the Angaelus and asked what to do. Angaelus said take a small force and meet Mephiston on the surface of Purus, a neutral ground. If Mephiston attempts to take the child I will dispatch a company to retrieve it. And so the plans were set.

Mephiston and Quaero met upon the surface of Purus each accompanied by an Honour Guard. Mephiston didn’t seem in the mood for anything but to see the child. Quaero commanded one of his Honour guard to bring it forward. On his command an Eldar army appeared from the shadows and layed fire against the marines, the marines were off guard and were split by the Eldar. The Honour Guard carrying the infant was killed, the Eldar took the child and disappeared as fast as they appeared.

Quaero was furious and attempted to chase the Eldar back to their craft world, But chasing the Eldar was like chasing shadows, and soon all leads to were the child and the Eldar disappeared. Quaero couldn’t bare the shame of loosing Sanguinius and so killed himself, rather than having to face its consequences.

Don’t merge threads please, delete my other one Edited by o3gan

Edit to do list

Affects(effects?) of having a Scitzy chapter master

make it more clear its not a bigger scout company just more recruits (possibly add a base camp)

Edited by o3gan

Problems I need advice on

Should I scrap my idea in bright green regarding the origins, or should i just ty to re write it?

Examples of Eldar manipulating other races into carrying out attacks

Edited by o3gan

Liber is a slow board and while I don't begrudge you wanting to keep your chapter on the front page, it's better to comment on other peoples ideas in order to get them to notice you and keep an eye out for your chapter. If people appreciate your input they are more likely to come and try to find your work so they can reciprocate.

Bumping isn't always good and is frowned upon. Especially bumping which is simply that; no more information and nothing bar one word.

The Angel Seekers lost almost all information about themselves, including their original name. A fragment of a unknown Chapter (now the Angel Seekers) were found floating through space in a Battle Barge with no memory of how or why they were there. Corpses of Eldar and marines littered the ship with the highest concentration at the Librarium. All documents from within the Librarium were lost and the only record retrieved was found on the dead body of an Eldar seer. The document, stated that Sanguinius and Horus, will be reborn and that it is The Angel Seekers duty to find Sanguinius and prepare themselves to stop Horus invading the Imperium; in the Emperors Absence. The document gave details of the Neqeuo a trial to distinguish who will guide the chapter into finding Sanguinius. Although it is not stated within the document found on the Eldar seer, it is believed that the discovery of Sanguinius will end the Black Rage and red thirst.

Your problem is not that it's too perfect by any stretch, but this entire paragraph setting up the theme. I can hardly begin to dissect it but it simply doesn't make much sense to me. It's too much of a scene from a movie without having any of the background information that a literary piece has to link things together in a way that makes sense.

Just why in the hell did the Eldar think your chapter was so worthy of attack when they almost never commit themselves so heavily, especially against one of the only foes who can match them in many areas. Why in the world did they board the ship? Why didn't they just blow the damn thing up with their ridiculously superior ships?

What records could a minor chapter, not one of renown or legend, have or possess that the Eldar would go to such extreme lengths to get? If they wanted them dead I am sure there are much less costly ways of manipulating others to do it for them.

Liber is a slow board and while I don't begrudge you wanting to keep your chapter on the front page, it's better to comment on other peoples ideas in order to get them to notice you and keep an eye out for your chapter. If people appreciate your input they are more likely to come and try to find your work so they can reciprocate.

Get ready for my long reply

hmm I always worry about commenting on other peoples ideas incase i give them bad advice, as i dont think that I am good enough at fluff to comment on other peoples ideas. I usualy only ever comment when im certain that i can give something helpful and correct, maybe I should just add any help I can, so people can see im trying. For example I read your fluff a while back, and i liked your ideas (especialy throwing recruits in at the deep end) but i couldnt find anything i thought was wrong or disliked unless i purposfully look to do that and when i do that i have no real reasons behind it.

Bumping isn't always good and is frowned upon. Especially bumping which is simply that; no more information and nothing bar one word.

I asked permission and got it, (I didnt say its just the word bumped though, didnt realise it was frowend upon sorry)

Your problem is not that it's too perfect by any stretch,
hehehe i put that because i thought it wouldd tempt people to look (to prove it isnt perfect)

but this entire paragraph setting up the theme. I can hardly begin to dissect it but it simply doesn't make much sense to me. It's too much of a scene from a movie without having any of the background information that a literary piece has to link things together in a way that makes sense.

Just why in the hell did the Eldar think your chapter was so worthy of attack when they almost never commit themselves so heavily, especially against one of the only foes who can match them in many areas. Why in the world did they board the ship? Why didn't they just blow the damn thing up with their ridiculously superior ships?

What records could a minor chapter, not one of renown or legend, have or possess that the Eldar would go to such extreme lengths to get? If they wanted them dead I am sure there are much less costly ways of manipulating others to do it for them.

The reason I had them board the ship was because they wanted to retrieve the documents. Blowing it up wouldnt be benificial, if they have to search through the tiny peices for some paper :o

hmm I get your point about it being not litery enough, I will try and fix it.

I wanted the Angel Seekers uncertain of their origins as I like the mystery (loved the blood ravens). I thought that the eldar would be a good way of showing the chapters importance without them needing to be legendary. My idea was that having the eldar attack and beat you in battle wouldnt make you a legendary chapter in the 40k universe however to us looking in from the outside having eldar attack you shows that you must have some importance as the attacks are so rare and only occur when something significant threatens their race. Maybe I went about it the wrong way.

My problem is,if I say what the chapter is claiming is true (the whole Sangie Horus and Emperor reborn thing) then they would be swept asside by the legendary chapter such as the Blood Angels who would take on the Angel Seekers mission and be reported on their IA. I try and make you believe that the story is untrue and that the crazy chapter master and the less than limited knowledge of why they're here is driving them to follow such bold claims, however if i go to the other extreme and tell you they're wrong then its hard to believe that they would believe it themselves. My idea was that having eldar attack (because they only attack in things of high importance) would give it a bit of credibility without it being stated as true as The Emperor, The Warmaster and a Primarch being reborn is of high importance.

This is why I say the eldar steal the records, it implies the chapter knew something important but its possible they were there for some other reason. So this gives the Angel Seekers claims some legitimacy without it being stated as fact.

In Summary

Basically there are many stories around the imperium of certain primarchs waking up from comas and the Emperor healing on his golden throne or being reborn as a starchild, however these are all just stories. Whats happened to the chapter is, they have lost all records of their origins but one of these stories and due to the fact its all they have, they believe in it and take it upon themselves to see it forfilled. Unfortunately though it cannot be true. To all other chapters it has to appear that the Angel Seekers are following a story otherwise there would be an uproar and the Blood Angels would take over finding Sangie. But aswell as making it seem like a story to all other chapters, it has to appear believable from within the chapter that is why I have the eldar attack them and them find a mutant winged child. Both could be coincidences but it would inspire the chapter into believing their purpose

So is this all a bad idea and should I scrap this or should I try and re wite it? I have a tendency of taking on too much for my DIYs and making them seem to legendry when no one has heard of them, just ask "The Amlighty Ferrata" about my first chapter in which I had Garviel Loken survive horus heresy and become my chapter master

I deffinately have to make it less story like. ill have to read more IAs documenting a battle. Can you give me an example to research of the eldar manipulating something else to fight for them?

thanks for your replying (by the way if you had read on you'd have been horrified on how important I make my chapter look) *quickly deletes the eldar appearance number 2 and scraps the idea of them all becoming enlightened and turning into the Emperors dad saving all humanity killing all xenos heretics and mutants in the process* hehe only joking :lol

Edited by o3gan