Shoulder Pad -> Psychic Hood

I've destroyed a dozen of so pads, cut myself twice and even managed to destroy a couple of PA torso but I still can't get the stupid thing to look even and clean.

How is it done? And please... Use the same sort of language you'd use when training an extremely dumb labrador.

It helps to draw a line where you intend to cut. This way you have a point of reference of when to cut more carfully and to get the symmetry down.

You should also give some though to the angle you hold the blade when cutting, because it will affect how the "outer edge" of the hood will look.

If you don't like working with blades you could try to drill some holes first, roughly cut off what you don't need and file or sand the edges smooth.

I didn't use blades to make mine simply cut into the pad a bit with clippers to start the curve shape off and then got really busy with a rounded needle file.

WIP

WIP with paint

Show us what you've done so far, maybe that will help us to advise you. ;)

That's the look I'd love to have. But didn't clippers deform the pad? And did you use a file the same size as GW's or a bigger one.

Archived