Night Lords Terminator Lord

Brother Nihm

I'm not a big fan of the current plastic terminator lord's legs, something about them just seems wrong. That being said I quite like what you've done with the mini. I'm guessing that without the flash the blue is much darker which would look pretty cool I think. My favourite part of it though is the head. The really pallid tones almost completely lack any semblance of living flesh which fits with the cold and haunting visages of the Night Lords.

Keep these coming :down:

cheers

James

They look too skinny. I agree. Not that Nihm can do anything about that.

Great painted model. It looks good. I also agree that the skin color of his head is done very well. Another thing that looks good is the freehand on his right pauldron.

I probably would have went with something of higher contrast on the claws, but that's personal choice.

I think he looks great. Super neat as always Nihm, but my favourite is actually the head. The skin tone is excellent. Well done!

A very solid job :cuss

I love the freehand on your shoulder pad, that skull is excellent!

Maybe an extreme highlight on the edge of the gash in the BA helmet? It would make the damage pop a bit more. If you done it already, but it's washed out by the flash: job's a good 'un :)

• 3 weeks later...

I am sorry but missed this topic in the vacation bustle!

I'm not a big fan of the current plastic terminator lord's legs, something about them just seems wrong.
I agree, they are the same size as the regular Chaos Terminator legs but I believe that it's the size of the ornamentation that makes them look 'skinny'.

I'm guessing that without the flash the blue is much darker
Oh it is. :)

They look too skinny. I agree. Not that Nihm can do anything about that.

Great painted model. It looks good. I also agree that the skin color of his head is done very well. Another thing that looks good is the freehand on his right pauldron.

Thank you, I'll do more freehand in the future, promise!

Very nice mini, and I also like the skin. You mind sharing how you pulled it off?
From memory,

Deneb Stone (Foundation line)

Washed with Badab Black (wash)

Highlighted with Deneb Stone + Codex grey mix (about 50:50 ratio, and thinned slightly)

Glazed with purple, usually Warlock purple and washed with thinned Gryphonne Sepia.

Retouch where necessary with deneb stone (thinned) and if need be, extreme highlight with a skull white + Codex grey mix (20:80 ratio).

I probably would have went with something of higher contrast on the claws, but that's personal choice.
I've added a final, almost pure white highlight to the edge of the claws since the photo was taken. It looks a lot better imho.

Maybe an extreme highlight on the edge of the gash in the BA helmet? It would make the damage pop a bit more. If you done it already, but it's washed out by the flash: job's a good 'un :HQ:
BA helmet, where?! :P

I'll go and do that now, he isn't varnished yet (tomorrow he will be). Thank you!

Thanks again for the feedback all.

Maybe an extreme highlight on the edge of the gash in the BA helmet? It would make the damage pop a bit more. If you done it already, but it's washed out by the flash: job's a good 'un ^_^
BA helmet, where?! ;)

I'll go and do that now, he isn't varnished yet (tomorrow he will be). Thank you!

D'oh, DA of course, the ancient cogitators in my skull are playing up again I guess...

Archived