binary

++Secure command channel ++

++Personal Execution log –Captain Ennus Vortigern- ++

++Execution 332 “Rosilia”++

++Enter command code++

++********++

++Access granted++

We have been betrayed

It has been so long since I have been able to articulate my thoughts.

We were the force that reunited humanity. The foundations of this empire were built on our work. Our bodies are its bricks, our blood it’s mortar, our pain it’s birthing cry, and it is being handed to scribes and taxmen whilst our Emperor turns his back and discards us like a broken shield.

Well we will not stand and see this happen. My eyes have been opened by the Red Angel and now I see the truth it turns my stomach. The death of my brothers is meaningless? The blood we have spilled for this “false” Emperor will not go unremembered.

A fuse was lit at Istvaan and we follow the path it has laid out for us across the galaxy to Terra. Every death is on His hands, every drop of blood spilled is on His conscience.

This will be hard. Hard and dangerous. We will fight, and we will die. But we will succeed.

There are many worlds between us and the Betrayer, but we are the World Eaters and death follows in every footstep.

++Entry ends++

Greetings fellow gamers

This is the first time I've decided to actually blog the construction of an army, and since a friend (if your reading this then hello Phil!) and I are planning to go to the Throne of Skulls next year we thought we'd jump on the Heresy era bandwagon.

After many discussions and browsing of codecii it was decided-Phil would field Luther's Dark Angels and I would field Angron's boys in white.

Now I'm not one of those who can build things straight from the box. Everything has to have some conversion work done to it (for examples see my IG army here)

So what to do to make the World Eaters stand out? Make them bigger of course!

I've got to thank the many people who've pioneered the truescale/artscale look for the inspiration, and hope that my interpritation will in some way inspire others.

Anyway lets start with the list itself.

I'll be using the Space Wolf Codex as I think that this best represents the World Eaters after Istvaan, but before they all became frothing loonies. Plus it let me field the entire army in drop pods!

Captain Vortigern-[wolf lord] TDA, 2x Chainfists

-4x Devourers [wolfguard] TDA, Frostblade

-Drop pod

Dreadnought-Assault cannon

-Drop pod

Ravager squad [10 grey hunters] 2xmelta gun

-Drop pod

Ravager squad [10 grey hunters] 2xmelta gun

-Drop pod

Ravager squad [10 grey hunters] 2xplasma gun

-Drop pod

Ravager squad [10 grey hunters] 2xflamer

-Drop pod

Destroyer squad [5 long fangs] 4xmissile launcher

-Devourer [wolf guard] TDA, cyclone missile launcher

-Drop pod

Now onto the photo's

I'm still undecided on the basing for the army, so I'll probably get them all to the "finished" state and then base them all together for consistancy.

First squad is finished

gallery_2806_5336_47478.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_27573.jpg

Dreadnought ready for painting

gallery_2806_5336_44553.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_13535.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_38111.jpg

Second squad ready for paint

gallery_2806_5336_1933.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_9809.jpg

First Devourer (waiting for shoulder pads from Maxmini)

gallery_2806_5336_4522.jpg

And because someone is bound to ask- size comparison shot

gallery_2806_5336_3349.jpg

C+C welcome

-Binary

*edited to resize pics*

Very nice so far man, although the Devourer looks to short to be in terminator armour if you ask me. If it is possible I would suggest placing a spacer somewhere in the legs and another one in the waist.

I really love the melta/plasmagun conversions as well, can't wait to see Vortigern! :D

Just a thought; TDA marines can't take drop-pods really since it's not available for Dedicated Transport (If it's different for the SW dex, ignore this).

And everything looks good so far. Dread is neat :tu:

Just a thought; TDA marines can't take drop-pods really since it's not available for Dedicated Transport (If it's different for the SW dex, ignore this).

And everything looks good so far. Dread is neat :HQ:

Yeah us SW terminators can have Drop Pods as we don't trust telaportation (spelling?) and prefer to fight with our feet on the ground, just as Russ intended

I like them.

I agree with what people are saying about the Devourer being to short but also it seems like his upper legs seem out of proportion as well. Might just be me.

In any case, loving what you are doing and hope to see more!

Thanks for the replies guys! rest assured updates are coming, started to slap some paint on the Dreadnought last night and he should hopefully be almost done by thursday.

As for the sizing I use a combination of several peoples ideas.

The legs are standard terminator legs with the recesses filled. The body is an Assault marine torso with the eagle wings filed off, cabling added and a 1mm plasticard spacer to increase the depth of the body. This is glued to the legs, and a new belt fashioned from a strip of thin (I think it's 0.2mm) plasticard.

For me the Devourer is the right size, after all It's still the same size marine, the armour is just bulkier, so the model retained the same height as the PA marines by adding a spacer to the waist and then bulking out the armour.

Rest assured tutorials will folow when the next PA squad is built (gotta by me some forgeworl red scorpian sets so I can mix-n-match MKIV and MKV in the squads-hence no squad markings yet)

As will close ups of the dreadnought's weaponry (yes those are hands holding the triggers, DO NOT ask how much swearing was involved!) and details within the next few days when he's finished.

Oh yeah...any suggestions for a name for him?

-Binary

Okay…First set of proper updates

After having a day off work today (oh the perils of having to work Saturdays!) I decided to knuckle down and get the dreadnought finished.

Taken me most of the day but I think he’s now at the stage where I’m happy to game with him, but there are a few details that could be added/tidied. Any suggestions for the left shoulder guard? Thinking a GS scroll nameplate, but any other ideas would be welcome!

Ladies and gentlemen I present for your enjoyment the World Eater Dreadnought Chlothar

gallery_2806_5336_41934.jpg

Here’s some detail shots for all those who wanted close ups of the arms/legs

gallery_2806_5336_44247.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_8184.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_35467.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_20349.jpg

And a little packet from Maxmini arrived this morning so the Devourer will be next onto the painting bench when second squad are done.

My only other thought is- I deliberately ordered the Terminator pads without tassles as I’ve never liked that look, but how does Chainmail hanging under the pads sound?

More to come

-Binary

Probably the best execution of chicken legs on a dread I've seen. Bravo.

Everything is looking right nasty thus far, and I look forward to more. The one thing that strikes me as a bit "off" is the size/positioning of shoulder pads on the marines: they look like they were really jammed on there. A minor grievance in the face of awesomeness all the same.

• 1 month later...

++Secure command channel ++

++Personal Execution log –Captain Ennus Vortigern- ++

++Execution 332 “Rosilia”++

++Enter command code++

++********++

++Access granted++

And so we assemble for the push to Terra.

Amid the burned and shattered ruins of this city we are baptised and reborn. Baptised in the blood of innocents. Reborn in the true image of our father and unleashed upon the Imperium to free mankind from the shackles that the Betrayer has bound them in.

The slave doesn’t know he lives in servitude and pain. The slave is blind to the betrayals and suffering he is forced to endure at his masters whims.

Today we fought beside my father, and the Red Angel was a wonder to behold. Blood running from Gorefather and his unrestrained fury unleashed as the survivors lashed at us in their dying spasms. A wounded animal, terrified and backed into a corner, randomly striking out in pain and anger, not knowing or caring why just desperate to exact some revenge as we tore the heart from them.

At the height of the battle, amid the ruins of Tibannopolis I had the honour of slaying the corpulent and corrupt Primagos of Rosillia. A bloated and feeble man, surrounded by his baying sycophants, he died as many of his people had under the yoke of the Betrayer, naked, weeping and without dignity or honour.

Thus were the streets of Rosillia cleaned with innocent blood. For blood is the source of power, and the blood of an innocent spilled in anger is where the true power lies. Death now stalks the stars, and his gaze, like ours is centred on the rotten heart of this Imperium, and the Betrayer who sits there playing with his slaves like a spider toys with its food.

Sooo…..update time then.

It’s been a little while, but even with real life doing it’s best to get in the way I’ve managed to get some more work done on Captain Vortigern’s Speartip.

Basing has been started on the completed figures, going with a grey/brown urban rubble base for ease and consistency.

The Devourers are done, Vortigern is very much a PIP and I now have 5 (yes 5!) of the 7 Drop Pods in need. 2 of them are assembled and the other 3 still languish in their boxes (damn real life creeping up on me again!)

Now onto the pics.

First up the WIP shots of the devourers (now that the maxmini shoulder pads have arrived)

gallery_2806_5336_69793.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_23541.jpg

Now some finished shots

gallery_2806_5336_58072.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_77833.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_7224.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_11735.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_39076.jpg

Then we have the Captain himself. Unfortunately no WIP shots as I got carried away with the model and went straight to the paint.

gallery_2806_5336_80300.jpg

gallery_2806_5336_58403.jpg

Well that’s it for now……

Definitely more to come 

-Binary

I agree walking around with arms bared seems like a bad idea. It's the same thing with unhelmeted Terminators but I love them too much to let that go. However, some shoulder pads would fix that right up, plus it would add more bulk, making him look even more BAMF (BadAssMother:cusser)

Archived