Name help: My New Chapter

Titan87

So I've been working on my chapter and have decided on a symbol for the chapter. It is an angel with a broadsword thrust downward through a planet. The general chapter symbol would be a sword through a planet, with the angel added for chapter banners/commander pauldrons.

However, I suck at figuring out names and am truly stumped. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I vote for Purifiers. You could even theme along the lines of the "necromongers" from Chronicles of Riddick and have them crusading to regain lost Imperial worlds with the attitude of- we conquered you, now bow done or your dead.

Just an idea- but the imagery defo says Purifiers to me.

Angels of Wrath, I even made up a quick banner for your viewing pleasure:

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f262/SGM-Daly91/Warhammer%2040K/AngelsofWrathBanner.jpg

Okay, That is awesome. May I ask how and what you used to do it?

As for the name, I really like the Purifiers as well as War Angels. Planet stabbers would win by a long shot, but its just a little to on point :P

Maybe a descriptor for Purifiers? (and not the purple purifiers B) )

Angels of:

Armageddon

Apocalypse

Doom

Ragnarok (WOLFIES!)

Ending

The Sword

Oblivion

Planet Killers

The Sunderers.

World Piercers

Planet Rapers (For all the piercing and thrusting)

World Enders

Swords of Oblivion

I've come up with a few at work what does everyone thing of these?

The Knights Seraphic (Seraphic is a form of seraphim)

The World Breakers (Like this one but it is really close to the Word Bearers/World Eaters, filthy traitors)

Edit: fixed spelling, thanks Normish

I've come up with a few at work what does everyone thing of these?

The World Breakers (Like this one but it is really close to the world bearers, filthy traitors)

You mean the Word Bearers. Or the World Eaters. Both traitors, though.

Out of those two, I'd go with the World Breakers.

Been done by a DA successor which I really need to review again. Someone will no doubt pop up explaining how you don't have to worry about other people having already used a name, but he had a draft up like last month. So it actually might be confusing.

The World Breakers (Like this one but it is really close to the Word Bearers/World Eaters, filthy traitors)

Not bad, but does sound a little traitory.

Not bad, but does sound a little traitory.

Though so do the Flesh Tearers. And the Emperor's Children sound Loyalist.

Consortio Militus Pungoræ

"Company of the Ground Stabbers"

Love it - just proves that everything sounds cooler in Latin. I like Angels and Knights, but it seems every other Chapter is one (or both!) of these. Purifiers is pretty good, so long as nobody confuses them with the Inquisition/Sororitas. World Breakers is pretty descriptive, nice and aggressive - my favorite of all the names suggested.

My suggestion: Blades of Ruin

World Breakers

They break freakin worlds, that worse than eating a world, they just break it.

I can't describe in sensical words how awesome this name sounds, I give it as amny votes as I am allowed and I will register dead people to get more votes if I have to because World breakers is too awesome a name to pass up.

World Breakers

They break freakin worlds, that worse than eating a world, they just break it.

I can't describe in sensical words how awesome this name sounds, I give it as amny votes as I am allowed and I will register dead people to get more votes if I have to because World breakers is too awesome a name to pass up.

"Breakers" just sounds kinda weak to me, oddly enough. Of all the synonyms for destruction, "break" is low on the list of severity.

Plus it reminds me of Bane, in a silly way "I VILL BREAAAAAK YOU!"

http://thesaurus.com/browse/break

Archived