A Bad Review...

The book hit the wall with a hollow "thud" and fell on the cold floor in tatters. "How could they?HOW DARE THEY???". The screams of rage travelled the length of the VIII Legion strike cruiser, carried on the recycled air of the ancient ship's life support systems. "Only second on Amazon sci-fi charts!SECOND!!!THEY WILL SUFFER FOR THIS!!!" The poor Legion serfs in the room tried to protect themselfs as much as they could, using turned over tables and chairs as improvised cover. "My loooord,please my lord, it is nooot our fauuuult." hissed a creature that was once human but now possessing too many rows of teeth to be considered one. "SILENCE WHELP!" came the harsh reply, accompanied by a bolter shot. The creature's head exploded in a shower of bone and brain matter and its killer snatched up his ancient chainsword and stormed out of the room. The remaining two serfs looked with terrified eyes on the scene of devastation that was left behind. "This" one of them said, "will not end well..."

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc4/hs944.snc4/73762_490172674611_661644611_6983038_6276858_n.jpg

Let's wait for A-D-B to see this :)

He has been notified... do we run and hide now? Or hide under the table and wait?

Messanger

We turn the table over and wait in ambush behind it.

I wonder if he might use this as his new avatar now? ;)

I NEVER GET BAD REVIEWS. I AM ABOVE THE LAW.

There are no words for how awesome that mini is. (By the way, starting a sentence with There are is pretty sloppy writing. My bad. Don't try that at home, kids.)

Though... Yeah, I only wish my cheekbones were that rugged and manly.

I wonder if he might use this as his new avatar now? :)

Oh, hells yeah. Good call, Cain.

By the way, starting a sentence with There are is pretty sloppy writing.

Really? I always do that! I guess I should take the professional author's advice then.

Nice model, the beard was made with greenstuff, correct? Or was it a Black Templar head or something? Do you have a tutorial for that (I've been trying to get facial hair on my Marines for some time now, but have failed miserably).

Wow, stunning conversion and brushwork, overall a fantasticly characterful mini. It really does look like A-D-B :devil:. I agree with Lucifer216 though. Which BL author are you gonna make a mini of next? Maybe you should do a 'which ever one joins the B&C and PM's you first' kinda thing...

@ A D-B: didn't you have something in your blog about a time when someone said that one of your books wasn't as good as another one because it wasn't that book, or didn't have enough 'shooty-death-kill in it or something? Couldn't that be considered a 'bad' review in that it the critic didn't understand what you were doing or that you don't add 'shooty-death-kill unless it helps the plot? (runs off to hide and/or cower under table....)

James

I think my favourite part of that model (aside from the fact that it's A D-B running around in power armour) is the really crisp highlighting you've done. Seriously, it's as neat and tidy as any painter could wish. Hell, if I could highlight like that, I'm sure I'd be happier for it. The lightning too is very well done, looks just as it should.

I think the idea of you doing more models like this is quite a good one...

Archived