Purifiers/And their mysteryNemesis.

Shinzaren

In what I can only imagine to be a well deserved thread closing, we had discussed some good ideas, albeit with terrible naming. As I am now more interested in the idea, rather than the names, I am going to suggest we start again, WITHOUT Planet R****s. Personally, I think a name change to perhaps "The Corrupters" or something in anti-thesis vein would work. Naming issues aside, here is our idea, as first discussed between CMID, The Normish and Myself, and expanded upon by the many good people of the Liber.

The Plan:

• The Purifiers are a goody two-shoes chapter, who hold their own purity and excellence over everyone, and generally act like Ultramarines Light, but with a different flavor.
  • The "Yet-To-Be-Named Chaos Jerks" are basically the ongoing Nemesis of the Purifiers. They exist to torment them and cause them a myriad of problems.
  • The IA will be written as a Purifiers IA, though it will be mixed in with Vox Reports, Communications, Inquisitorial discussions, historical battles, etc, etc; all dealing with the Nemesis.
  • The goal is to make a combined IA, that does a good job of explaining both who the Purifiers are, and who the Nemesis are.
  • Any and all ideas from any and all interested parties will be considered.
  • This is a community project,and if people are interested in writing sections, involving themselves, or doing anything to help, you are both welcome and wanted :)
  • The End Result of this IA is to get a lot of people involved and interacting, all with the goal of making a unique and fun IA/IT.
  • This first post will contain all the UP-TO-DATE information of the Chapter(s), edited in as soon as I can do so.
  • When we are ready to write the IA/IT proper, it will be done in a different thread. I have a vision in mind, where specific parts of the IA are handed off to individuals to write and come up with their unique take. This would mean a different person would write the Origins, Beliefs, Combat Doctrine, Side-Bars, etc etc.
  • The Nemesis chapter is an open book, with the community having the majority rule. All ideas are considered. The Purifiers are Chapter Master Ignus Dominus's chapter, and his brain-child. While I am sure he would welcome all the input of the Liber, final decisions will be left to him.
  • The most important thing about this idea is that it remains fun for all who are interested. Be nice, be polite, share ideas, don't flame, etc etc. You all know the how the Liber works, so hopefully we can make a great and unique IA that we can be proud of.
  • If this works well, and everyone enjoys it, I would like to make this the first of many collaborations between the Liber members. However, one step at a time. Let's get this going and rolling.

Having said all that(*whew*), here is what we know, or at least suspect :)

The Nemesis:

• Vaguely piratical theme. They are raiders, running at the first sign of serious trouble.
  • They hate the Purifiers for an unknown reason. It will likely remain unknown to add to the mystery of the IA.
  • They have a habit of showing up as soon as the Purifiers leave an area, and immediately set about ruining their hard work; ie, attacking planets they just cleansed, destroying bases they just established, raiding shipping lanes they just cleared, etc etc.
  • As of yet, it is unknown what their loyalty is too. Khorne and Slaanesh have both been suggested, as well as Chaos Undivided. Depending on interest, we will probably put it to a vote.
  • Their color scheme will be gaudy, bright, and flashy. Like the pirates of old.

The Purifiers:

• Perfect gene-seed, very pure, very choir boy, goody goodies.
  • Possibly based on a Space Hulk.
  • Color scheme is white as a base(representing their Uber Purity)
    Color Scheme(not finalised):
    spacemarine.jpg
    (NOT FINALIZED)
  • They lost their original homeworld when the Nemesis came and destroyed it while they were gone. (Not set in stone, just an early idea)
  • This is CMID's Chapter and all major backround and fluff will be overseen by him.

Index Astartes: Purifiers / Index Traitoris: +++Name Undecided+++

The Dual Index Project
Loyalist Traitor/Renegade
Imperial Fist Geneseed. More information to go here...

Updates (as of 5/11/2010 18:27 Eastern Time - U.S. and Canada):

- 6/11/2010 12:58 ET --- Project re-launched by Shinzaren (post #1)

- 6/11/2010 14:00 ET --- Purifiers color scheme expanded upon by Chapter Master Ignis Domus (post #12)

- 6/11/2010 14:04 ET --- Purifiers organizational structure expanded upon by Chapter Master Ignis Domus (post #13)

So, that's it :) I look forward to working with everyone and establishing this IA/IT. Good luck!

Hmmm... I'm with you on the name things, it probably would have been wise to change that (I think we were going to anyway, but hadn't yet decided on it). I didn't catch the stated reason why the old thread was shut down, but I am sure it was legitimate and well deserved.

So, let's do this wholesomely (or as wholesome as you can get in the Grim Darkness of the Far Future).

The Purifiers obviously being the focus here, I think we should stall writing about their Nemeses until later, including choosing a name (sorry, Ecritter).

So, until I think of some sort of idea to post about the Purifiers (I'll be working on the Nemeses in the back of my mind until I'm needed), do you still want that code for the opening post, Shinzaren?

If anyone has any ideas, suggestions, or changes, feel free to suggest them. While I have the final word on majorly huge fluff decisions, I'm not going to control the whole process with an iron fist.

Current Part to Be Worked On:

Homeworld

Definites

Space Hulk

To Be Decided

Controlled or Random Jumps

Cleared or Uncleared- If uncleared, how much is uncleared?

We still need to do more with this than those three points. Unfortunately, we are competing with the official DIY community project for members' time. We'll probably see an increase when that finishes.

Note: MNONE's post(#106) is an excellent idea. Feel free to look at it.

Symbol:

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c162/ecritter/Space%20Marines/test6.png

Color Scheme:

1st company regular marine:

http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/7111/spacemarine2.jpg

I have invis'd the post instead of closing it as going through the thread and deleting all the references to the word would be too much effort. I will explain its closure here though. The word was deemed to offensive for a family-friendly board, and whilst it is a common term used in gaming circles and has other meanings, I felt that it would derail what is a reasonable project.

a to post about the Purifiers (I'll be working on the Nemeses in the back of my mind until I'm needed), do you still want that code for the opening post, Shinzaren?

Uh... maybe? Haha. I am terrible with coding, so perhaps just the bulletin points for now? When we have all the details and this thread is moving along and we are ready to write, then I will consider coding it into table? That sound good?

I have invis'd the post instead of closing it as going through the thread and deleting all the references to the word would be too much effort. I will explain its closure here though. The word was deemed to offensive for a family-friendly board, and whilst it is a common term used in gaming circles and has other meanings, I felt that it would derail what is a reasonable project.

Completely understandable. We definitely get what happened :) Feel free to close it. This post is more organized and better written anyway haha, plus it avoids the whole PR issue all together. Thanks for your time on this Ferrata, and apologies for forcing the extra work on you.

2. Geneseed

Imperial Fists or Black Templars

Probably Fists then, as they don't use BT gene-seed. How do they explain their dedication to purity while missing 2 glands? They aren't important perhaps? Or they were a test? The Purifiers know they aren't good enough to be used, so they explain their missing organs as a part of their purity?

3. Organisation

Organized into 5 self sufficient companies with the Chapter Master leading the first company. Each company has its own section of the hulk. Each scout squad must clear a section of the hulk for their final test. Same goes for returning brothers.

Why not have them Codex organized? And why would returning brothers have to do this too?

I will update the main post with the possible color scheme :) Nice work CMID.

For the Nemesis relation, I was thinking that they could have split from the chapter with half the chapter turning to chaos and the others being fanatically loyal to the emperor. If I remember correctly, in the other thread I had said that this might have happened during the following:

The Purifiers are a fleet-based chapter. One day, a very large space hulk popped into system x. Planet y calls for assistance from the nearby Purifiers. They respond in full force. Once in system, they attack the hulk, but to no avail. The chapter master and 5 of the captains decide to ram their ships into the hulk. The other half disagrees, abandons their brothers to their fate and leaves the system. Meanwhile, the loyalists ram the hulk and eventually gain a foothold. The techmarines start fortifying the area using any spare parts while other brothers continue to clear the hulk. Slowly, the marines have gained a good sized fortress with manufacturing facilities and ship docks. However, due to the size of the hulk, this is but a small portion of it. The Purifiers view the hulks random jumpings as signs from the emperor. Unfortunately, they are constantly followed by the Nemesis. They suspect either a small band of Nemeses or a homing beacon is located somewhere on the ship.

Again, if you have my post somewhere, it would be much appreciated.

2. Geneseed

Imperial Fists or Black Templars

Probably Fists then, as they don't use BT gene-seed. How do they explain their dedication to purity while missing 2 glands? They aren't important perhaps? Or they were a test? The Purifiers know they aren't good enough to be used, so they explain their missing organs as a part of their purity?

3. Organisation

Organized into 5 self sufficient companies with the Chapter Master leading the first company. Each company has its own section of the hulk. Each scout squad must clear a section of the hulk for their final test. Same goes for returning brothers.

Why not have them Codex organized? And why would returning brothers have to do this too?

I will update the main post with the possible color scheme :) Nice work CMID.

If I remember correctly the BT and, to a lesser degree, the IF are known for their somewhat purist fanaticism.

See my above post for the answer to your first question in number 3. For your second question, I've thought about and am thinking it would more be a way to keep in tip-top shape instead of being mandatory for returning brethren.

More on color schemes/heroes:

A regular marine of the first company:

spacemarine.jpg

A veteran marine of the first company(Note that they have a non-codex organisation system).

spacemarine.jpg

The second company captain:

spacemarine.jpg

The Chapter Master Defaeco Vesica:

spacemarine.jpg

An assault marine of the first company deployed with jump pack:

spacemarine.jpg

The heroic Sergeant Haas of the first company:

spacemarine.jpg

A veteran in terminator armor:

tsmbeta.php?hdt=202020&hdm=202020&hdl=202020&ey=d03437&er=202020&pi=ffffff&nk=ffffff&cht=202020&ch=FFFFFF&abs=FFFFFF&bt=FFFFFF&btd=202020&cod=FFFFFF&ull=FFFFFF&lk=202020&lll=FFFFFF&lft=FFFFFF&url=FFFFFF&rk=202020&lrl=FFFFFF&rft=FFFFFF&sl=202020&sli=FFFFFF&sr=202020&sri=FFFFFF&ula=FFFFFF&lel=FFFFFF&lla=202020&lh=FFFFFF&ura=FFFFFF&rel=FFFFFF&rla=202020&rh=FFFFFF&eg=f8b960&sk=f8b960&rta=202020&lta=202020&lhd=FFFFFF&rhd=FFFFFF&ct=F8b960&cts=f8b960&camh=767981&camb=767981&cams=767981&caml=287786&brc=ffffff&rb=202020&gr=FFFFFF&bg=FFFFFF&grid=TRUE&

And finally, a scout:

sct.php?b62c=@haLvy_iakk7.hyvFnhBeh3i81Yf_@@@.@___@_..i8khii8khi@__@@@@hDWmAhDWmAhDWmA.hDWmA.@@@@@@.._&grid=TRUE

Thank you, Ferrata.

Here's all the stuff from my big post:

Edit: Sorry, I keep going away and doing things instead of focusing my life on the B&C like a good little doggie.

I'm thinking Defaeco Vesica for the Chapter Masters name(Purifying Blade in Latin).

For their homeworld, I'm thinking a Space Hulk, maybe partially composed of some of the wrecks of the chapter's ships from when they tried to destroy the hulk?

If the Black Templars have successors(I'm not sure) they could be a black templars successor, otherwise I'd go with Imperial Fists.

They might have been a fleet-based chapter once but one day a space hulk transitioned in system. Sensors detected a large ork force onboard the hulk. Planet blub blub called for assistance and the Purifiers responded in full force. However, the hulk was to strong and about half the chapter along with the Chapter Master decided to crash their ships into the launch bays. The other half disagreed and, in a horrid turn of events, abandoned their brothers and left the system. Meanwhile on the hulk, the loyal marines fought a desperate boarding action against the xenos scum. Eventually, they managed to gain a foothold on the hulk. The techmarines began constructing a base out of the materials onboard their wrecked ships and the various parts of the hulk. Ever since, the Purifiers have slowly been expanding their base on the hulk. In fact, for the final test of a scout, they must clear a section of the ship. Marines returning to the hulk traditionally also clear a section. Unfortunately, though they are radically devoted to the emperor and purifying the galaxy in his name, their efforts have been dogged at every step by the Nemesis. They suspect there is a homing device or a small band of Nemesis somewhere on board, but do to the massive size of the hulk, they have not been able to locate it. They have had many small engagements and a few major ones but have never been able to wipe the stain from their honor. They view the hulks seemingly random transitions as signs from the emperor as they are an incredibly pious chapter. Due to the loss of half their chapter, they have a non-codex organization system(Note that companies are actually called something to do with their hulk background or something):

1st Company:

Chapter Master

4 Tacticals

2 Devastator

2 Assault(normally deployed without jump packs)

3 Veteran Squads

1 Initiate/Scout group(each company is responsible for own recruiting)

3 Techmarine/Hulkmaster

2 Chaplains

2 Librarian

2nd Company:

4 Tacticals

1 Devastator

2 Veteran Squads

1 Techmarine/Hulkmaster

1 Captain

2 Chaplains

1 Librarian

3rd Company:

4 Tacticals

2 Devastator

1 Assault(normally deployed without jump packs)

2 Veteran Squads

1 Techmarine/Hulkmaster

1 Captain

2 Chaplains

1 Librarian

4th Company:

4 Tacticals

1 Devastator

2 Veteran Squads

1 Techmarine/Hulkmaster

1 Captain

2 Chaplains

1 Librarian

5th Company:

4 Tacticals

1 Devastator

2 Veteran Squads

1 Techmarine/Hulkmaster

1 Captain

2 Chaplains

1 Librarian

Basically each company is it's own independent entity with it's own fleet and part of the hulk. Note that all this is just a rough bit and will be changed almost constantly. Sorry for the delay but I'm watching a movie at the same time as well as doing about a million other things.

For the Nemesis relation, I was thinking that they could have split from the chapter with half the chapter turning to chaos and the others being fanatically loyal to the emperor. If I remember correctly, in the other thread I had said that this might have happened during the following:

The Purifiers are a fleet-based chapter. One day, a very large space hulk popped into system x. Planet y calls for assistance from the nearby Purifiers. They respond in full force. Once in system, they attack the hulk, but to no avail. The chapter master and 5 of the captains decide to ram their ships into the hulk. The other half disagrees, abandons their brothers to their fate and leaves the system. Meanwhile, the loyalists ram the hulk and eventually gain a foothold. The techmarines start fortifying the area using any spare parts while other brothers continue to clear the hulk. Slowly, the marines have gained a good sized fortress with manufacturing facilities and ship docks. However, due to the size of the hulk, this is but a small portion of it. The Purifiers view the hulks random jumpings as signs from the emperor. Unfortunately, they are constantly followed by the Nemesis. They suspect either a small band of Nemeses or a homing beacon is located somewhere on the ship.

Again, if you have my post somewhere, it would be much appreciated.

Good start. I definitely like the idea of them being two sides to the same coin. However, I think we need a better reason for the schism than what we have. Right now it is a little thin. Other than that, it's decent. I dunno about the Space Hulk. It's taking up too much of their time and energies. If they are still clearing the Space Hulk, and their numbers are so depleted, where do they get recruits, where do fight other battles and such. I think the Space Hulk is a good idea.

Just have them clear it all out, and convert it to their base. Break off the pieces they don't want, or are too corrupted, and reduce the Hulk down from the inside. Slap some engines on it, and go to town. The schism between Purifiers and Nemeses should take place before this though, before they ever see or hear of the Hulk. I personally love the idea of the Nemeses being responsible for destroying the original home planet, and forcing the Purifiers into a fleet based chapter, which they would be until they discovered and subsequently took over the Space Hulk.

Does that make sense?

Okay, I think this will need some organization. What are we going to work on first, specifically? Can't just say "Purifiers", or "general Purifiers fluff". Origins? History? Geneseed? Beliefs? Color Scheme? Organization? Let's be methodical and rational in our approach.

I'm going to re-post the code for the first post along with some updates, and I think I'll just update it for Shinzaren whenever I get round to it, each time we make a development. Although it really isn't difficult to figure out...

[basicheaderhalf=000099]Index Astartes: Purifiers / Index Traitoris: [i]+++Name Undecided+++[/i][/basicheaderhalf]

[table=The Dual Index Project][th][b]Purifiers[/b][/th][th][b][i]+++Name Undecided+++[/i][/b][/th][tr][td=50%]Loyalist[/td][td=50%]Traitor/Renegade[/td][/tr][tr][td=50%][i]More information to go here...[/i][/td][td=50%][i]More information to go here...[/i][/td][/tr][/table]

[b]Updates (as of 5/11/2010 18:27 Eastern Time - U.S. and Canada):[/b]
- 6/11/2010 12:58 ET --- Project re-launched by [b]Shinzaren[/b] (post #1)
- 6/11/2010 14:00 ET --- Purifiers color scheme expanded upon by [b]Chapter Master Ignis Domus[/b] (post #12)
- 6/11/2010 14:04 ET --- Purifiers organizational structure expanded upon by [b]Chapter Master Ignis Domus[/b] (post #13)

Perhaps we should also have some sort of checklist to tick off what we still need to work on and such. Multiple creators makes the whole thing more difficult to manage, so it is imperative that we create a good organization and strategy right off the bat, so that we don't get frustrated and confused later on.

Cool. The problem with them clearing the hulk is that hulks are these huge massive collections of very large numbers of ships. They could get the recruits from planets they assist as payment/gifts/tribute. Since the whole chapter would be arriving in-system, and the hulk wouldn't require a massive part of the chapter, maybe only one company rotated in on a casualty basis, the majority of the marines could be doing outside operations.

We should probably get that chart up so that we have some idea of what we need to do.

Just playing with the code:

Index Astartes: Purifiers / Index Traitoris: +++Name Undecided+++

Dual Index Project
Loyalist Traitor/Renegade
Geneseed: Imperial Fists

Homeworld: Space Hulk

Color Scheme: black on white base

More information to go here...

Updates (as of 5/11/2010 18:27 Eastern Time - U.S. and Canada):

- 6/11/2010 12:58 ET --- Project re-launched by Shinzaren (post #1)

- 6/11/2010 14:00 ET --- Purifiers color scheme expanded upon by Chapter Master Ignis Domus (post #12)

- 6/11/2010 14:04 ET --- Purifiers organizational structure expanded upon by Chapter Master Ignis Domus (post #13)

- 6/11/2010 14:04 ET --- Fluff retrieved from original thread after Ferrata kindly makes it visible again

Oh, I should probably change the whole "PPR Project" thing, since we're not doing... them.... anymore.

EDIT: Done, it's now the "Dual Index Project".

Also, for those interested, I now managed to get the Chaos Painter to get me results that I wanted (it required some random color switching):

csm.php?bpe=F700FF&bpj=F700FF&bp=F700FF&bpc=F700FF&bpn=C4C4C4&hdt=F700FF&hrn=EDECA1&hdm=F700FF&hdl=F700FF&ey=15FF00&er=C4C4C4&pi=C4C4C4&nk=F700FF&ch=F700FF&abs=F700FF&bt=F700FF&btd=C4C4C4&cod=F700FF&ull=F700FF&lll=000000&lft=000000&url=F700FF&lrl=000000&rft=000000&slt=FF0000&sli=FF0000&srt=FF0000&sri=F700FF&ula=F700FF&lel=F700FF&lla=F700FF&lh=F700FF&ura=F700FF&rel=F700FF&rla=F700FF&rh=F700FF&ri=C4C4C4&tr=C4C4C4&gr=C4C4C4&rb=000000&bg=FFFFFF&sch=632E2&

Ok, I will update the first post with the graph. So, let's just start at the top. First thing we should work on is the Origins. Just follow it down the list of a normal IA.

Origins:

My basic thought was that they were IF successors, they found a homeworld. Some unknown event caused half the chapter to desert and turn on them. Their planet is destroyed. They take to space. Find the Hulk. Clear it out. I still vote they clear it. Have them use demolitions to sever the sections they don't need, thus solving the size problem. They then operate out of the Hulk doing their Space Marine thing. I don't think operating out of a hulk they have no control over is a good idea. It could be swallowed by the Warp at any moment, destroying the remains of their chapter. It could jump through time and space leading them forwards or back. It's just not a good idea to let the gods determine where it goes. Clear it out, cut away the fat, and then slap some Engines and a Gellar field on it.

I was thinking we could use a combination of black templars and regular codex marines for organization.

EDIT: We should probably leave the clear/uncleared discussion for later. We could try making the hulk barely controlled, sort of a point, push the button and hope the Emperor likes you.

Ok, I will update the first post with the graph. So, let's just start at the top. First thing we should work on is the Origins. Just follow it down the list of a normal IA.

Origins:

My basic thought was that they were IF successors, they found a homeworld. Some unknown event caused half the chapter to desert and turn on them. Their planet is destroyed. They take to space. Find the Hulk. Clear it out. I still vote they clear it. Have them use demolitions to sever the sections they don't need, thus solving the size problem. They then operate out of the Hulk doing their Space Marine thing. I don't think operating out of a hulk they have no control over is a good idea. It could be swallowed by the Warp at any moment, destroying the remains of their chapter. It could jump through time and space leading them forwards or back. It's just not a good idea to let the gods determine where it goes. Clear it out, cut away the fat, and then slap some Engines and a Gellar field on it.

I'm still not 100% on the Imperial Fists gene-seed. The line of Dorn is less pure than that of Guilliman, so unless we say that their lack of full purity has made them extremely repentant and driven to enforce it on others in some sort of hypocritical puritanical crusade of penance, I think we should go with Guilliman. It fits their "goody-two-shoes" image as well, we all know the often unfair generalizations attributed to the Ultramarines.

As for the Space Hulk, I can't decide. I love the idea of a the infested Space Hulk being a test for initiates and a perpetual battle going on inside it, but it isn't practical or safe for a Chapter, like Shinzaren said. A compromise might be to have them be purely fleet based, but their current conflict is on this Space Hulk.

Culture

The culture of the Imperial Fists is substantially influenced by their Terran origins and articulates their genetically predisposed obsession with force of will and pain into a coherent set of practices concerned with achieving uncompromising self-discipline and maintaining complete order. 2

The Junker Model of Behavior

The basic structure of Chapter culture is derived from the "Junker model of behavior" belonging to the "ancient Prussic code" of Terra. The model demands dedication to fastidious and meticulous detail in both military tactics and personal conduct. For instance, dedication to detail is expressed at the strategic level of military affairs in superlative planning. At the level of personal conduct, attention to detail is expressed in the quest for flawless discipline and the obsession with punishment as penance for the smallest inadequacy, failure or infraction. 3b Each may be considered to be the development and application of the Chapter's genetically programmed obsession with will power to different domains of affairs.

Perhaps as a result of the Junker model, the Imperial Fists tend towards a stern disposition, even in comparison to other Space Marines. Upon first encountering the Imperial Fists, Captain Garro of the Death Guard remarked that "they seem a somber lot," to which Captain Iacton Qruze of the Luna Wolves responded in the affirmative, adding that he had served with a Veteran Imperial Fist for a year-long campaign who never once smiled. 7

Pain and Punishment

The Imperial Fists have developed particular cultural practices which tend to their obsession with conquering pain and penance. Chief among them is punishment that makes use of a device called the Pain Glove, which is both imposed by superior officers and self-inflicted. The Pain-Glove encases the whole body and stimulates pain neurons, causing excruciating without inflicting any physical damage. The function of the pain glove goes beyond simple punishment in the sense of negative-reinforcement and includes positive spiritual value. Marines endure the extreme pain of the device by disciplining themselves to meditate on on the glory of Rogal Dorn, thereby perfecting their spiritual communion with their Primarch. 6

So central is pain to the culture of the Imperial Fists that the Chapter seems to have developed a philosophy on the subject. As preached by an anonymous Chaplain, "Pain is...a lesson that the universe teaches us. Pain is the preserver from injury. Pain perpetuates our lives. It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls. Pain is the wine of communion with heroes. It is the quicksilver panacea for weakness - the quintessence of a dedicated existence. Pain is the philosophic vitriol which transmutes mere moral into immortal. It is the Sublime, the golden astral fire!"3c

This is partly why I think Imperial Fists.

I think the Fist background could work, in my minds eye I see a scence of a "Purifier" alone in his cell giving himself the lash like in the Dan Brown film/book, which one escapes me at the moment, but my gut says "Angels and Demons".

Well, pain and castigation is not necessarily related to purity. Do the Purifiers seek Purity, or do they consider themselves Pure enough to dispense Purity?

You're right about the first part, but that doesn't stop many from seeing it that way. Purity way back in the Dark ages was sought by removing Sin. And pain, administered by Castigation was one of many ways it was "removed" (others include prayer etc...). If I can give an opinion on the mindset of the Purifiers, I think that they are forever seeking purity, just as nearly all Chapters do, but they carry it out with a lot more zeal than others. To expand on that point, perhaps the Purifiers feel that to "purify" others (and the processes that involves) and to justify their "right" (a "sinner" can't/should not be able to purify a "sinner") they have to continually make themselves even purer. And the most expedient way of doing that (besides battle), is through personal Castigation (Pain Glove, meditation, fasting etc). So to me the Imperial Fists would fit well. I would avoid the Black Templars because, in my opinion at least, they diverge too much this (greater amounts of troops, even more stubborn than the Fists etc).

Just my opinion though :lol:

Archived