Hints of a New Model

Guroff

309 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It definitely looks very 'studio'. Not the best Raven Iv'e seen but I'd be happy just getting a model. I really wish it was Rhino sized instead of LR sized though for game-play. Vectored engines in the wing tips and a nose mounted MM, whats not to like right?

Did you see the dread in the background with the wings on the front of it? Hopefully this is TWO new models coming our way!

Finally. Looks nothing like a Thunderhawk, but we knew that already. I am not quite sure if I like or if I don't, but it is quite exciting to have an acutal model for this thing(and the dread in the background looks promising as well, as Red Fury mentioned). I think I will have to get used to the design, which is not bad, but I have imagined it a little different.

Snorri

I find it interesting that I went to GW's website, just to look around for this picture and can't even get the FAQ articles to load now. Something may be wrong at their website.

I'd imagine that the site was pulled down already and that's why you can't find it on GW's site.

http://the-grey-knights.blogspot.com/2010/...eventually.html

This blog has a great post up about the article, with full quotes from the FAQ pages.

-Edited to add my opinion-

Personally I LOVE the look and feel of the model, and think it looks pretty legitimate. As far as it's appearance that's relevant to game play it looks to be a bit taller and slimmer than a LR. Assuming it's on the same height base as a Valk, you're pretty much going to have to keep it moving for that cover save. Unless perhaps you're playing it as a gun ship and stayed way back or are playing with a lot of tall buildings as terrain.

It definitely looks very 'studio'. Not the best Raven Iv'e seen but I'd be happy just getting a model. I really wish it was Rhino sized instead of LR sized though for game-play. Vectored engines in the wing tips and a nose mounted MM, whats not to like right?

Did you see the dread in the background with the wings on the front of it? Hopefully this is TWO new models coming our way!

Good eye on the dread, it looks like it has a deathcompany center piece if you look at it...like an X.

Its a mini Thunderhawk! how cute!!! ;)

Snorri, look at the front end of a Thunderhawk, then look at the Raven...it kinda looks like a mini-me version. LOLOLOL

Good eye on the dread, it looks like it has a deathcompany center piece if you look at it...like an X.

Snorri, look at the front end of a Thunderhawk, then look at the Raven...it kinda looks like a mini-me version. LOLOLOL

I did, but I still think that only the ramp is alike to the TH, the rest is quite different. The wings look like they were borrowed from a valkyrie, for example. And still, the front is not that wide or bulky, that´s why I stick to my first statement.

Snorri

I did, but I still think that only the ramp is alike to the TH, the rest is quite different. The wings look like they were borrowed from a valkyrie, for example. And still, the front is not that wide or bulky, that´s why I stick to my first statement.

Snorri

I fully see where you are coming from and I agree with you, and thats why I think it looks like a mini-hawk. ;)

At first I was a bit put off by the model.. but now I think about it, it seems appropriately Astartes.

Yeah, the front is too big and heavy looking and the wings are too far back, way out of balance. Perfectly Astartes.

Archived