Brothers of Isis

sioka

Hey there folks, new boy here so time to break the ice and post some pictures. My very own Chapter Brothers of Isis

gallery_58523_5510_1724065.jpg

I'm not sure if I have done this right as I'm not so good with computers.

Edited by sioka

Welcome, congrats on your first post. I do love tactical squads (I use 3 or 4 troops choices in each army)

The Sgt's axe is particularly interesting...for belonging to loyalist scum.

Pho

Edited by Phosis

Dude loving the orange paint scheme! I thought about it once but now seeing it applied it looks VERY orginal and fantastic. Sure I see some smart ass remarks coming your way like Halloween marines or pumpkin marines but I like it alot, looks great man. More pics please. Is that your whole force? Oh and its also a very crisp clean job. Is the Chapter symbol freehand?

Captain Lacerus

I am very impressed. The shading on the armor is superb, as are the faces. I like that the Rhino is weathered without drawing attention away from the freehand, which is very crisp on all of the models. When I look at most models I think to myself, "if I took the time I could do that," but I do not think I could paint a unit so uniform I dare say they border on perfection. Great job!

:P

They look great and they're orange. This is a strange combination. The sergeant's heads look very realistic, the weathering sutble, and the fading on the emblems is well done.

My only concern is to why a sergeant has both a fist and power sword?

Look forward to seeing more.

I applaud the use of an Egyptian god/goddess in the chapter name, makes me feel not nearly as alone in my chapter name choice.

The models are fantastically well executed, the orange is well done though personally I think it could use some weathering to marr the coloration so they don't look so perfectly pristine.

I can't wait to see more.

Oh, and I would suggest replacing the Power Fist or the Power Sword on the other sergeant since you can only use one of the weapons in close combat.

Orange isn't a colour you see often, and less so in this shade but it looks great! A very striking scheme that works really well and given an excellent paint job. I like their bases and the chapter symbol too.

Quite a good way to introduce yourself to the B&C as well, if I remember right my first post was asking some boring questions about the codex :lol:

Yeah I screwd up on the weapon loadout for Sgt Tethis (1st squad) as I hadn't read the Codex so I may swap the sword arm off on to my next tactical squad sgt ;). This is my second real atempt at painting marines after about 20 years away from the hobby, my first choice had been dark angels but boy are they dark! So I decided to work on the opposite side of the colour wheel.... I generaly call them Tango marines :lol:. All of the chapter symbols and squad markings are freehand as it means that I can have whatever I want on my troops. Here are some more pics to show in closer detail my work so far.

gallery_58523_5510_820481.jpg

gallery_58523_5510_1991878.jpg

gallery_58523_5510_1817599.jpg

gallery_58523_5510_289563.jpg

gallery_58523_5510_1359791.jpg

gallery_58523_5510_284105.jpg

The weathering has only been done to the Razor back as it is constantly trundeling around in muck where as the marines have just been deployed I will at som point add some weathering to the marines but I will not go over the top with it after all look after your armour and your armour will look after you! Thank you for the comment Janitor101 It made sense to use the name Isis as she was an Egyptian Godess of life/rebirth and her symbol is that of the Benu bird the mythical Phoenix is my Chapter symbol. Also Astarte is a female godess of war so why not stick with the trend :P

Absolutely fantastic colour scheme, very bold indeed - orange and black always works well together though!!

I like the weathering on your Razorback, glad to see you haven't gone overboard on it as it would take away from the colour scheme! The chapter symbol as well is brilliant! Looking forward to more. :D

Cheeers guys glad you like them, I am working on adding a Captain and a full 10 man assult squad with jump packs as soon as I get a break from commission stuff.

Nice to see you on here too mate. Loved 'em on PB, still love 'em here. Nice job.

Thanks Winterdyne good to see you here too, it was partly seeing your work that convinced me to go for painting an army to this standard so thank you for the inspiration :D

Wow...you really broke the mold with these guys. I hardly ever see orange anywhere, even as a highlight color :D After my own experiences with it a few years back (an attempt to make Autumn wood elves for WHFB) I do not envy you the work it must have taken.

Unorthodox color with solid blending, unorthodox name with solidly freehanded logos...the only way you could screw this up is to not make more :lol:

Very very nice indeed an orange and black color scheme makes for a very striking combo. One Q tho' why is the chest eagle a bone color? IMHO it kinda gets lost against the orange armor. A black chest eagle would make them even more striking IMHO tho'. Still very nice work on them.

Respects, Emperorsaxe

These. Are. Awesome.

The colours match beautifully and the paint job is fantastic. And the freehand is incredible ;) As the others have said, tac sarge one should reallly have a power sword :P And a bolt pistol - this goes for the other tac sarge who doesn't have one. You do want that extra CC attack riiiiiiiiight? :P

Edited by Hubernator

Yeah I screwd up on the weapon loadout for Sgt Tethis (1st squad) as I hadn't read the Codex so I may swap the sword arm off on to my next tactical squad sgt :unsure:.

You can have a power sword and a power fist, it is Codex legal. You swap the bolter for one weapon and your bolt pistol for the other. It's a flexable if expensive choice.

It made sense to use the name Isis as she was an Egyptian Godess of life/rebirth and her symbol is that of the Benu bird the mythical Phoenix is my Chapter symbol.

You should read more on Isis, she had a very notable amount of wrath too. :D

Edited by Heru Talon

What else can I say that hasn't been said before?

Dude, you might not be a computer genius, but you sure are a great painter and photographer.

Especially your face really stand out - which of course doesn't mean your armour sucks.

Extremely well done!

*hopes for more*

Oh no.... you have inspired me beyond belief.

I am an avid lover -er addict- of Pontiac Trans Ams (like my 1975 which is my other little hobby) and I have been looking to make a chapter to do the 'bird justice. I just haven't been able to figure out how to do the 'phoenix' or 'screaming chicken' justice and mix it with a good color scheme. Origionally I was thinking about a light metallic blue like the old pontiac 389 engine blocks, but this color scheme has knocked me senseless. Kinda reminds me of a faded bucaneer red lol...

Time to can the dark angels, deathwing, bloodwing, grey knights, and daemons after 10 years. New chapter here I come!! Thanks much for the inspiration, and if you ever want to part with these bad boys... lol :P

On a more serious note, these are airbrushed right? What colors/brand did you use? Techniques?

Keep up the good work and please keep us posted on your updates!