A Noobs Blood Claws

doomicon

Well I've lurked here for years... have only played about 10 games of 40k, but finally taking the plunge.

I go for speed and consistency over quality, the entire Army looks consistent. In about 4 weeks have painted the majority of the Army.

I'm down to Rhino's, Razorback's, and one Long Fangs squad. The 40+ infantry figs are completed. Let me know what ya think.

These are some Blood Claws I took pics of before they were completed. Hope these show up, Preview says they do.. but forums can be

fishy :-)

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_TpClG7jXecc/TRkJ03xYP7I/AAAAAAAAAmM/83iQec0euac/s800/bc6.jpg

http://lh6.ggpht.com/_TpClG7jXecc/TRkJ1gWqr9I/AAAAAAAAAmY/5CRXV6Ht3aI/s800/bc3.jpg

http://lh5.ggpht.com/_TpClG7jXecc/TRkJ2AvvasI/AAAAAAAAAmk/SyT0O7uI-00/s800/bc4.jpg

I'm filing a complaint over false-advertising. This is most certainly NOT a noob's Blood Claws, these are pretty darned great. I want to lick my screen where the shoulder pads are because my brain is thinking it's banana flavored. How did you get such a consistent yellow?

I'm filing a complaint over false-advertising. This is most certainly NOT a noob's Blood Claws, these are pretty darned great. I want to lick my screen where the shoulder pads are because my brain is thinking it's banana flavored. How did you get such a consistent yellow?

Yup! Just add water, two layers. Read the foundation paint covers well, IT DOES!

Great models, you should be proud!

Thanks, can't take all the credit. I've painted before, played Necromunda, and got the fast method from watching a youtube video 'how to paint space wolves terminators'. Most everything was ink washes.

I used to layer, now I've gone back to doing what I did when I was twelve. Washes/Drybrush. Just alot better at thinning paint now :-)

Total noob to 40k, just played my first game at a hobby store last night :-)

wonderful pups, i know people who have done it for years and not got the same results a "noob" has so well done. looking forward to your other models

Thanks, have more pics on my blog (doomicon.blogspot.com). Three buddies and myself took the plunge together, doing a "Tale of Four Gamers".. found online. Basically doing armies in 500pt increments monthly. We got Blood Angels, Tyranids, Eldar and Space Wolves (me).

I will do the drilling, buddy of mine picked up the little drill set for models. I'm gonna give it a go, test it out on a random Grey Hunter, got like 30 of em' now lol.

There is TONs of info everywhere, and following this site, there are some outrageously talented people here, got a lot of ideas from other posts!

Thanks for all the encouragement!

whoa its painted so awesome! i really like the skin, how did you paint it?

Thanks! I use Tallarn Flesh (Foundation), wash of Delvan Mud, then highlight(light drybrush) with Elf Flesh.

Since their flesh gets dark and leathery, and Blood Claws are still affected by the Canis Helix (fighting the beast within), I try to mix it up. So I make some darker than others. I typically try to make the 'crazed' guys darker, while the guys with a standard pose lighter.

Some of my Terminators, I go darker with a Dark Flesh base.

I don't have alot of patience when I paint, like to crank out troops. Here is a pic of ONE FIG that I actually used some patience (note, he's not finished.. probably never will be)

http://lh4.ggpht.com/_TpClG7jXecc/TSJf5UnEBgI/AAAAAAAAAyI/a73ExXQVb1I/s800/stage2d.JPG

Nice work little brother.

No noobs in the Fang though, only whelps ;)

HAHAHA! TRUE! I'm almost done with the Second SW Omnibus :-)

To be honest, they are well painted. I admire how you manage to get straight hazard lines (I never have been able to..). You may call it noob, others call it table-top quality ;)

Ludovic

To be honest, they are well painted. I admire how you manage to get straight hazard lines (I never have been able to..). You may call it noob, others call it table-top quality :D

Ludovic

Thanks, really means alot! I'm not involved with the "community" per se. I've only played one game in a hobby store. So I don't get alot of feedback. Sure I have three friends of mine who took the whelp(noob) plunge together, but I've known them since gradeschool, they're good painters... not sure they would tell me "dude, those suck".

They do tell me to "TAKE YOUR TIME".

I was hesistent to post, I wanted honest feedback, but sometimes ya gotta be careful what you wish for. There are some freakishly talented people who post here, so it's intimidating!

Thanks again everyone on the feedback!

Archived