My Scratchbuilt Stormraven

Grizzly Adams

Well, after reading the codex and playtesting with a buddy's Valkyrie, i decided that i must have one. Well with no model i set out and decided that i was to undertake the arduous task of building one. Well what started out as a build of necessity quickly turned into a labor of love. Over the course of 6 months, i worked many hours, and labored well into the night, and i believe that the end result really shows my dedication, hard work, and attention to detail. I am overly pleased with my model, and have even went as far as to send pictures to Games workshop as something to model their kit off of, and looking at the sneak peeks of theirs, they might have took some cues from mine. Well anyways, without further ado, my personal best conversion, the mighty Blood Angels Stormraven

A View from the top, you can really see the craftsmanship put into blending the multiple kits into a seamless design

http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8953/dsc02255x.jpg

Here is from the front, the last thing the Enemies of the Emperor see before the Blood Angels send them to whatever god they prey to!

http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9091/dsc02257.jpg

I was able to fit the rear end of a landspeeder into the rhino perfectly, i think it turned out looking quite spectacular and imposing!

http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/2429/dsc02256lk.jpg

This view really shows off the aggressive styling i was able to portray. After this experience building this model, i have seriously considered going into model designing!

http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/466/dsc02253o.jpg

Well, i hope that you all have enjoyed looking at this exquisite example of scratchbuilding as i had making it. Hopefully, this will give you first time builders and guys who havent tried kit bashing some confidence, and maybe you too can build a one of a kind piece that you can be proud of just as i have.

Just messin with you guys, i know it is quite possibly the ugliest turd to take the field, and when the new models come out, i plan on picking up 3 of them and retiring the "ugly Duckling" to the shelf. I built the little craphole for no other purpose than to be able to playtest it, and await the new kit eagerly! Just thought i would make a joke and show off the craptastic thing i created during a night of a couple beers and an extra rhino/land speeder lying around!

Funniest thing i have read in ages. At first i didnt read everything and i was like "How do you brake it to a guy that the convertion should be kept in his fridge and never grace the board. Incase you offend your opponent." It still looks better than the GWs ones though.

Funniest thing i have read in ages. At first i didnt read everything and i was like "How do you brake it to a guy that the convertion should be kept in his fridge and never grace the board. Incase you offend your opponent." It still looks better than the GWs ones though.

This. ^_^

- Nat

well, i am glad every one likes it, it cracks me p every time i look at it, so i thought i owed it to the world to show this thing off :) Yeah, i made the wings out of the EA parts from the vindicator kit, kinda gives it a Pete's Dragon kinda feel. I sure as crap wasnt gonna buy anything to make it, for sure!

QFT.

(Actually, I kinda like it. >>)

Certainly does! And I imagine it'd make a mean obstacle for Cities of Death games too! You could even make the "Cinnamon Toast Crunch Factory" an objective! An army marches on its stomach after all and the Space Marines would be no different.

I'm kinda thrown by this.....who keeps cereal in the fridge? :)

its my pantry, only room with flourescent lights :P

only unrefrigerated items was a hint haha.

and the conversion, da mekboys woud' be proud. the "fly'n smasha".

You know.... oddly enough, at its heart not a bad idea. If you could do it without the tracks and extend the wingspan a bit, it would probably look better than the pregnant flying tank that GW has inflicted upon the world. Hmmmm...

Amusing post BTW. Had me going until the very end, thinking "Seriously?"

Archived