More Dread Sprue Pics

Morticon

I must say I'm a bit surprised...

...and disappointed.

I love the chapter-specific iconography, but I'm disappointed that GW chose to model the sarcophagus and the front plates together instead of separate. This seriously limits the customizing that a player can do.

Bad GW, bad. :)

I love the chapter-specific iconography, but I'm disappointed that GW chose to model the sarcophagus and the front plates together instead of separate. This seriously limits the customizing that a player can do.

Bad GW, bad. :D

Quoted for Truth! Other than that the torso appears to assemble exactly the same way as the Venerable Dreadnought, seems like a rather pointless backwards step..

Addendum: In fact I'm rapidly going off the chapter-specific iconography, I think its making things difficult for the majority of successor chapters in the codex! In particular the stupidly placed chapter badge on the libby torso is starting to bug me.

These Dreads just are not grabbing me. I really would have liked to see chest options like the venerable dread kit that lets you change any/all the panels, but since it has BA icons all over it I will have to pick one up. Althought I already have 3 unbuilt dreads so maybe I can come up with a more original model by combining the lot.

Why do we have that old 2 piece smoke launcher on a new dreadnought kit? Gah. And that tiny searchlight...poopy. I'm curios what the talons will look like on the dreadnought though. Either way, I need a DCF or 3.

Nice pics! Can see what i will have to play with now! I both love and only like some bits. Personally I am not a hige fan of the skull on the DC 'Face'.

but I LOVE the regular Furioso and Libby sarcoughagus pieces!

Nice pics! Can see what i will have to play with now! I both love and only like some bits. Personally I am not a hige fan of the skull on the DC 'Face'.

Are you kidding me????

We now have our PERSONAL Chaplain Dread!!!

And I'm guessing much cheaper than the FW one.

Are you kidding me????

We now have our PERSONAL Chaplain Dread!!!

And I'm guessing much cheaper than the FW one.

haha no man im deadly serious. Just a personal taste thing :D The rest of the kit looks awesome though!

Why do we have that old 2 piece smoke launcher on a new dreadnought kit? Gah. And that tiny searchlight...poopy. I'm curios what the talons will look like on the dreadnought though. Either way, I need a DCF or 3.

I like the solid ones in some of the new kits too, but even the new Ven. Dread has the old, two-part launchers. :)

I actually like the DC front plate. I hope the iconography is not too difficult to modify into something less BA-specific. I also like the alternate fist bits that have the fingers closer together than the traditional DCCW fists where the fingers are equidistant from one another. I'm guessing that will look quite nice.

I'm still wondering how that magna grapple assembly will look on top though. I'm skeptical, but it still has the potential to look cool.

From our secret source :

"the gun on the lower left is the shrapnel gun. The arm mid-left, right beside the shrapnel gun is the force weapon holding arm, the FW fits right through the whole assembly and sticks out back and front.

The smaller pieces all the way down, far left seems to go onto the dread's crotch area. There's one for each flavour and another one without any icons.

Far upper right you can see the magna grapple's base plate, which goes onto the dread's top piece shown in the other pics. Above, you can see the grapple "hooks" (parts 47). These incidentally look identical to the Stormraven's dreadnought grapple! The whole towing part on the SR's back is one plate the size of a Rhino hatch with a wire plus grapple assembly."

http://img222.imageshack.us/img222/8654/dreadsprue5.jpg

Seems our source got the directions mixed up! But the description seems to fit once you turn the picture 90° anticlockwise.

Soooo looking forward to getting my hands on these! :P

The SR's grapple being that tiny is a little disappointing though.

Archived