Swiftclaw Biker

Raven Torrid

Today I finished (mostly) my Swiftclaw Biker, whose bike I decided to modify into a chopper style bike. Removed the bolters and after that decided not to bring them back. :P

Just went for the looks with this one, and IMO the skull and the big searchlight fit perfectly for a chopper.

Pretty happy with how it turned out, just need to make him a proper biker base and maybe a few more touch-ups. C&C Welcome. :P

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa277/RavenTorrid/Biker.jpg

nice conversion although i find the way the axe is held somewhat weird. i think i know what pose you're trying to get but i'm not entirly convinced yet. normaly you hold an axe with the axehead in the extension of your arm instead of having it in your hand at an angle(thus making glancing hits more frequent)

nice conversion although i find the way the axe is held somewhat weird. i think i know what pose you're trying to get but i'm not entirly convinced yet. normaly you hold an axe with the axehead in the extension of your arm instead of having it in your hand at an angle(thus making glancing hits more frequent)

Yup, think I know what you think, discussed it on the WIP forum and got to this conclusion:

The natural position of the hand in this situation would be the palm of the hand facing up rather than down, and the handle of the axe being on the inner side of the arm rather on the outer. This is basically the power sword arm, where I replaced the sword with an axe. Might get the desired position if I cut it at the wrist and turn it around, but it may be tricky. Gonna think about it. :lol:

The position of the hand looks pretty natural to me—he could just as easily be holding the axe with his palm facing down. Either way, though, the axe head would line up above his fingers and not his wrist, so it should be switched.

Aside from that, badass conversion! Nicely done.

Thanks! Modified the axe/hand in the meantime. It's not perfect, but it's better than before me thinks. Tried to line the axe handle exactly along the arm, but the hand would then be in a very unnatural pose, so decided to compromise. Made the base as well.

http://i196.photobucket.com/albums/aa277/RavenTorrid/Biker2.jpg

Archived