Grotsmasha's LPC 2011 WIP thread

Grotsmasha

I, Grotsmasha of the Dark Angels subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter to paint and present at least one True Scale Jet-Attack Bike conversion on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

UPDATE #1

So, for those who haven't seen, I've been working on the following Jetbike

gallery_48988_5384_211783.jpg

and have decided the LPC is the right motivation to do the Attack Bike version,

gallery_48988_5384_511535.jpg

these are the main componants I intend to use for the basis of the bike, bits and bobs to follow, including riders.

Cheers,

Jono

• 4 weeks later...

Dizzy-xc: It may not seem so different to a LS, but the point is to make an Attack Bike version of the other jet-bike I've made, I cant just chuck in normal GW LS, and say that'll do, because it won't, neither would using a GW wheeled Attack Bike. I did toy with a side-by-side version, yeh, that was disregarded very early in the process. Please don't take this as me being spiteful, because I'm not, I'm just describing why I made the model the way I did.

Cheers,

Jono

Maybe I dont understand your motive. Why does this model exist? Isnt a landspeeder simply a side by side jet bike in most respects? What are you going to gain by making this one? I see a jetbike being something better than a standard space marine bike. The Land Speeder, imo, is already an attack bike that can hover. So whats the purpose for this model?

This model exists so that when I field the four jetbikes, one of them has the attack bike characteristics of two riders, heavy weapon, looks like the other jetbikes and is not a Landspeeder, or has wheels. You need to remember, these are for a true scale army, the landspeeder isnt as readily convertable to TS.

Hm...it's the Space Marine Piranha. :D

Hehe, the tandem does seem a bit odd looking, though it's hard to judge until there's a marine in each seat. Certainly an ambitious project at any rate, and a nice flexing of brain muscles on your part. :devil:

Archived