My LPC libby/thread (Updated/Complete!)

Taz

Linky

Just wanted to have a link in here, see what my contemporaries think of my work so far. :)

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Okay, the project is complete, time for my second and final update!

Allow me to introduce Epistolary Arterion, The Burning Angel, hero of Temmestis IV.

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/IMG_0120.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/IMG_0121.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/IMG_0122.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/IMG_0123.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/IMG_0125.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/IMG_0126.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/001.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h35/redqueen16/Warhammer/IMG_0127.jpg

This veteran Librarian's roll of honor stretches back over 200 years. Taken from one of the smaller periphery tribes on Baal Secundus, his latent psychic abilities were detected early on. Even before his acceptance into the hallowed ranks of the sons of Sanguinius, Arterion displayed significant psychic talents. His fellow tribesmen had talked of burning him as a witch or leaving him to the mercy of the desert, but none would lay hands on him to try for fear of retaliation. So they settled for tolerating him, but he was generally shunned and left alone to fend for himself. This gave him a deep sense of self-reliance, which aided him in his trials at Angel's Fall as well as on his path as a Librarian.

After passing through his initial screening, he was earmarked as one of the Librarius' most promising students and even studied under Mephiston himself. Upon reaching the rank of Codicier he was attached to the Blood Angels' 4th Company where he was present during the Khartas incident, where he rescued a squad of battle-brothers by provoking the wrath of Ka'Bandha as he was about to lay waste to them, distracting the daemon for enough crucial moments to allow the squad to escape. He survived through the timely intervention of the Sanguinor onto the field.

He was awarded his title by Dante himself after his conduct in the Temmestis system in 881.M41. Arterion's first command, a battlegroup comprised mainly of 4th Company elements were deployed to the system to answer a distress call coming from the fourth planet, a verdant agri-world that supplied the adjacent Formund system, which housed a mid-size forge world. Temmestis IV was under attack from Tau forces when they had refused to join the xenos' Empire, and they did not have the forces to repel the invaders. While the world and system themselves were relatively isolated, and Temmestis IV exported little besides it's tithe to Formund, Dante in his tactical brilliance saw the makings of a Tau invasion of the galactic north, including the Ghoul Stars and further still, Baal herself, with Temmestis and eventually Formund as bridgeheads.

Initially the fighting was fierce. The combination of the xenos' stealth technology and tall agri-fields allowed the xenos to launch crippling hit-and-run attacks and slip away without reprisal and because of the damage it would do to the planet's infrastructure, Arterion was loathe to burn the fields and take the advantage from the aliens. Instead, he led his forces back out into he fields, using his psychic abilities he sensed the minds of the Tau stealth suit squads to counterattack the aliens before they could get into position for the ambush.

Despite his refusal to burn the fields wholesale, the harvest season meant that almost any skirmish in the fields invariably led to smaller fires. It was during a rescue of a unit of beleaguered PDF had lit up one such conflagration, Arterion and his squad used the fire to flank the aliens, bursting through the wall of flame, aetheric wings carrying him into the Tau's midst in moments. Word amongst the soldiers spread and soon the "Burning Angel" had become a figurehead for the strained human soldiery.

Using a frequency code he ripped from the mind of a stealth suit commander during a skirmish, he and the battlegroup's techmarines uploaded the code into the Imperial force's auspex units and allowed them to turn the tables on the xenos stealth suits, as well as jam the Tau in return. Jamming the alien's sentient auspexes, Arterion led a series of brutal assaults on Tau positions. The aliens responded with counterattacks using crisis suits. As the battlegroup closed in on the Tau's main fortification word spread from the battlegroup's scouts that the Tau were massing infantry as well as crisis suits. There were also sightings of one of the Tau demagogues, the Ethereals, leading the xenos forces from the front. Broadside-class crisis suits patrolled the border preventing the Blood Angels from bringing their armor in. Using his psychic powers he dropped from high-flying stormravens with his assault squads, bringing down the broadside suits and allowing the Predators and Rhinos to roll up unopposed. The Tau were crushed and Arterion himself took the head of the Ethereal commander cleanly ended the xenos' galactic invasion before it could truly start.

After wiping the rest of the Tau forces from the face of Temestis IV, Arterion's battlesgroup returned to Baal where he was hailed as the "Hero of Temmestis IV" and awarded with a special helmet worn in the pre-Heresy era by the hero Khitas Frome. In commemoration of his first command, he had the Chapter artificers modify the helmet with a psychic hood and engrave flames onto his armor.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

I was really pleased with how this model turned out, particularly the helmet and flames. C&C welcome! :)

Yeah I thought so too. :lol: Props go to megamarines for helping me get the helm and special ordering the shoulder pad. I probably wouldn't have half of the bits in that model if I didn't get to rummage in his bitz box regularly.

• 1 month later...
Yeah I thought so too. :( Props go to megamarines for helping me get the helm and special ordering the shoulder pad. I probably wouldn't have half of the bits in that model if I didn't get to rummage in his bitz box regularly.

Feels good, man. :)

We'd have gotten pictures up sooner had I not been absolutely screwed with life's events as of late.

Thanks for the kind words, everyone. :)

Yeah I thought so too. :) Props go to megamarines for helping me get the helm and special ordering the shoulder pad. I probably wouldn't have half of the bits in that model if I didn't get to rummage in his bitz box regularly.

Feels good, man. :Elite:

We'd have gotten pictures up sooner had I not been absolutely screwed with life's events as of late.

Well lucky for me it turns out my college rents out digicams, now you don't need to waste gas coming to see me to do anything but kick it. :D

Wow. The model itself looks really good. I also like the way you've interwoven his backstory/fluff into the existing codex fluff.

This was my first time really writing any backstory into my models, but I figured the LPC would have been an appropriate place to start and yeah, I wanted it to be accurate and fit snugly into the existing fluff. If you even check the map on pg116 of the core rulebook it's even geographically accurate.

I wonder if "geographically" is the right word to use when talking about a galactic map? I mean, doesn't "geo" have to do with the earth? Glactographically, maybe? Anyhoo I digress, if you'll looko on the map you'll find Formund, though I'm not sure it's a forge world I'm not sure that point really matters enough to argue. :P Glad you guys like the model.

Archived