Marines Malevolent +Vis Sanctimonia+

zxyogi

Hello, Here are some pics of my LS that need finishing off and some pics of my Attack bikes,as you can see still wip.
gallery_30735_5415_1128320.jpg
gallery_30735_5415_1130186.jpg
gallery_30735_5415_785163.jpg
gallery_30735_5415_390168.jpg

Attack bikes....not sure if there is too much yellow and not enough black....verdicts?
gallery_30735_5415_1530386.jpg
gallery_30735_5415_884899.jpg
gallery_30735_5415_1149341.jpg
gallery_30735_5415_903770.jpg

C&C awaited!! msn-wink.gif

Great work zxyogi. I like the landspeeders. The only thing is the paint chipping seems wrong for some reason on the landspeeders. It seems like you were trying for the wind streeking effect. Did you magnetize the lanspeeders?

The red stripe on the gunner's helmet, is he the sergeant? The assault markings are great and unquie. It sets them apart from those pesky Ultras, lol.

The attack bikes are right on target, zxyogi. It may seem there is to much yellow due to the side car tire well. But it looks great.

What's next?

Maybe if you made the Hvy Bolter on the attack bike black, it would add a little more balance and break up the yellow. After you add the battle damage on the bikes, they will look just as great as the speeders. The bikes won't need as much as the speeders have though. The speeders just look fast with all the damage. Looks great. Keep it up!

Thanks for the comments and will do summat about the HeavyBolter!!

Brother Varen,the scrapes and chips are meant to look like they were done whilst blasting through dense undergrowth,clipping branches,scraping along jutting out objects, that sort of thing. B)

The Marine with the red stripe is the Sergeant.

I'm jealous of how much courage you have. I know how much pain goes into making a good yellow marine, but I couldn't imagine painting damage all over that hard work. Luckily you pull it off very well.

Thank you very much Brother!! B)

very impressive sir! i keep pondering how to make landspeeders look cool so i may have to swipe this idea :tu: are the markings freehand?

I thank you Molloch!!

The markings are not freehand....wish i could keep my hand steady enough to do them!!......but are from this very site!!.....

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...p;showfile=275#

;)

• 3 weeks later...
Very nice, particularly the free-hand jaws. Though I now hate you for having more Jetbikes than the Ravenwing ;)

Where are those sculpted shoulder pads from? I can't see them on the GW website.

Fear not member of the unforgiven! Dark Angels may have more Jetbikes but opnly one master to use them at a time... I mean how do you think they replace his jetbike after he crashes on the way home after drinking all night?

Argh ... I've seen those jetbikes from somewhere ... but I have given up trying to look for them. Where do they come from?

AAAAaannnddd ... I've had my eye on your work and I'm always impressed. You've also been inspirational to me and my Raptors. I look forward to more! :)

Argh ... I've seen those jetbikes from somewhere ... but I have given up trying to look for them. Where do they come from?

AAAAaannnddd ... I've had my eye on your work and I'm always impressed. You've also been inspirational to me and my Raptors. I look forward to more! :tu:

Thanks for the kind comments everyone!! ;)

Race Bannon the company that made the Jet bikes are called Zealot Miniatures......but sorry to say that they stopped making the jet bikes,Power fists and pre heresey looking Assault jet back packs!!!....wonder why?!?!?!

http://www.zealotminiatures.co.uk/

Zincite.....the sculpted shoulder pads are courtesy of Brother Varen!!

;)

Great work on those jetbikes. Nice to see you using those pads.

I guess i was a little to late to get those jetbikes myself.

I look forward to seeing your stormraven and the uses for the other pads.

Archived