Lucius's (Raven) Batreps

Alright lads, after posting my raven list on the army list section http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/index.p...howtopic=221643 and getting a response from warpwalker to post my results to help with the other Raven shenanigans thread. Anyway here are the batreps. Memory is a bit fuzzy as i played these games on sunday:

MY LIST:

Mephiston

Furioso w/ Blood Talons, Extra Armour

5 CC Termies w/ 4 TH/SS

2 Priests w/ 1 Jump Pack

2 Assault Squads w/ Hammer, 2 Meltaguns

Scout Squad w/ Camo Cloaks, Snipers and 1 Missile Launcher.

Raven w/ Extra Armour, Plasma Cannons, Melta (Termies, Priest, Furioso)

Raven w/ Extra Armour, Plasma Cannons, Melta (Mephy)

Game 1 :

HIS LIST: to the best of my memory

Captain w/ Bike, Artificer Armour, Storm Shield, Relic Blade, Digi-Weapons

Librarian w/ Bike

Command Squad w/ 4 Storm Shields, 2 Meltaguns, 2 Claws, Hammer.

5 Bikes, 2 Meltaguns, Fist, MM Attack Bike

5 Bikes, 2 Meltaguns, Fist, MM Attack Bike

5 Bikes, 2 Plasma Guns, MM attack Bike

5 Bikes, 2 PLasma Guns, MM Attack Bike

2 x 2 MM Attack Bikes.

Not sure whhat else after this :)

Killpoints, Spearhead, I got first turn, He reserved everything, I reserved my 2 Assault Squads and Priest.

Turn 1 :

My Dread and Scouts get Angry and decide to gain Furious Charge and Fearless.

I deploy the scouts on the 4th floor of a Ruin so am untouchable to assault from bikes. I move the Ravens 24" for Cover saves.

His Command squad, and 2 bikes come in. They all boost 24 from various starting points.

No shooting from his side.

Turn 2 :

My assault Squad without the Priest comes in and I deploy them close to the ravens and they scatter 1"

I Boost the Ravens over 12" as i am still out of charge with both dread and Raven.

My shooting involved me killing 1 biker from a melta squad from plasma cannon fire, Forgot about scouts.

His Remaining forces come in except 1 pair of Attack Bikes.

Moves 12" towards me and does nothing to my Ravens with melta's and plasma as i save all the pens (failed some glances but he rolled low)

Turn 3 :

Last RAS comes in near my 1st squad and does not scatter. I run both squads 4 and 5" respectively.

Mephy's raven moves 12 towards command squad. While the Furioso gets out of his and charges towards his weakened melta squad, popping smoke (well within Charge range here).

Shooting comes from the ravens failing to do anything with plasma or melta as he saves all wounds. Again Forgot about scouts (there so damn stealthy :P )

Dread assaults the weakened squad and turns it into a lovely Blood-Shake..

His command squad charges towards the Termies Rave, avoiding the Dread alltogether. Libbies squad moves up to my priests squad and plasma squad begins to encircle my scouts.

His command squad shoots down my Termies raven (just) and it explodes with my termies bailing out near the back of the raven. Libbies squad rapid-fires my priests squad and i lose 1 marine. Melta Squad kills 1 scout after i failed his 2+ save from going to ground.

His libby gets off Null-Zone which Meph rolled a 6 to null bet he also rolled a 6 (Chief Librarian my ass), Command squad charges Termies and the Captain takes out 4 of them alone with me failing 1 5+ save from claws right off and then passing 3 3+'s but then failing them to null-zone. Priest kills the Scrub with Shield and melta and then gets ripped apart by Lightning Claws and the last termie also falls to a LC. He destroyed my Termies.

Turn 4:

My Furioso moves towards the Command squad ready to charge, Mephy's raven moves towards the Libbies squad and gets out ready to charge the Attack bikes behind them. MY second assault squad moves up to my other one but only 1 will be in charge range.

Storm Raven shoots Plasma at a Large Melta squad while killing an attack bike with its melta.

Furioso does no damage to command squad with his Bolter and Melta.

Furiso charges Command squad, Assault squad charges Libbies bike squad and Meph charges the lone attack bike.

Mephy destorys the attack bike consolidates towards the libbies squad. My assault squad kils 2 bikers and he kills 4 marines but i hold. Furioso kills the apothecary and a claw with melta and the Hammer does no damage in return. I win but the Command squad Holds.

His T4 and his plasma squad continues to pound away at my scouts but to no avail. Other MM bikes and plasma does no damage to my lone raven.

Furios does no damage as his attacks bounce off the command squads shields, He gets an Immobilised result on my Dread with the Hammer. But obviously i stay in conbat :P . Lose 1 more guy against the Libbies squad but again i Hold. I do no damage, Dame you to hell T5

Turn 5:

My second assault squad and Mephy get ready to charge the Libbies bike squad, Raven moves 6" towards the last remaining pair of Attack Bikes, shoots MM and plasma but Fails biblically.

Scouts are still pinned as they went to ground but surviving.

Meph and the full assault squad crush the Libbies squad but i lose the Priest and the first assault squad is down to the Hammer sarge but still no KP for him. Meph consolidates towards his command squad. The assault squads hunker down in a ruin for the rest of the game.

Furioso kills the last claw guy in the command squad and takes no damage from the Hammer in return.

His turn he continues pounding away at my scouts and kills 1 ( I love you 2+ Cover) and the MM attack bikes are trying to hide from the raven as they are too far out to do damage.

In combat both the Furioso and the Hammer Handbag it so no damage done at all.

Dice is rolled for end of game but continues.

Turn 6:

Meph casts wings and flies towards the command squad and stricken Furioso. Raven moves 6 and unloads its entire Paylod into the 2 Attack Bikes and destroys them.

Mephy assaults the Command squad hits 4 times with re-rolls and wounds all 4 times whcih are ALL Saved!!! Furioso again handbags it and Meph takes 2 wounds from Hammer and subsequently runs off the board after failing on a 9! :tu:

His turn its all looking lost to him but his melta squad manages to take out a sniper and the ML scout even with their 2+ saves (like 15 odd shots as well from bolters)

Furioso Finally kills The hammer dude and him and the captain stay in combat.

His turn 6 and his melta squad does not kill the lone scout (somehow) and the furioso takes a wound off the captain who again sticks in combat.

dice is rolled for T7 but again it continues.

Turn 7 :

Furioso finally kills captain while the melta finally kill my lone scout. That was it for T7.

Game ends 8-6 to me.

Overall i was pretty pleased with the Ravens other than that i still have to learn a bit on how to use them properly.

Anyway thats all for tonight and I will post the second game against Black Templars tomorrow.

Please tear my list and my game apart! and show me where im making mistakes.

Sounds like a good battle. I really like all bike lists too.

I'm not going to criticize your list or your tactics. I'm just thankful you posted the battle rep. Those with more SR experience should pop in here and post.

Looking forward to tomorrow's batte rep.

Thanks

I'd love to be constructive and give helpful tips and all that but one of your ravens survived longer than than mine ever has (i.e the whole game) so I'll just say kudos to you, thanks for the bay rep and I'll look forward to the next one! :(

Right so heres the 2nd BatRep:

Game 2 Vs Black Templars.

His List:

Emperors Champion

Marshall w/ Storm Shield, Power Weapon, Locator Beacon

Marshall w/ Terminator Armour, Twin Lightning Claws

Command Squad w/ Banner, Apothecary, Champion, 3-4 Power Weapons, Meltagun

Crusader Squad (5) w/ Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun

Crusader Squad (5) w/ Missile Launcher, Plasma Gun

Terminator Squad (5) w/ 2 Cyclone Missile Launchers, Tank Hunters :D

Terminator Command Squad (4) w/ 2 Assault Cannons, Tank Hunters

Land Raider w/ Smoke Launchers, Extra Armour

Only changes in My list was i opted to try the Assault Cannons on the ravens this time:

Mephiston

Furioso w/ Blood Talons, Extra Armour

5 CC Termies w/ 4 TH/SS

2 Priests w/ 1 Jump Pack

2 Assault Squads w/ Hammer, 2 Meltaguns

Scout Squad w/ Camo Cloaks, Snipers and 1 Missile Launcher.

Raven w/ Extra Armour, Assault Cannons, Melta (Termies, Priest, Furioso)

Raven w/ Extra Armour, Assault Cannons, Melta (Mephy)

Anyway the game:

5 Objectives, Pitched Battle. 5 Objectives are to the left of the table (where my scouts infiltrated), 1 is in the midfield and 1 is in his Deployment zone where he deploys his 2 crusader squads and his champion.

He gets First turn, deploys everything except the termies in a corner and they will deepstrike.

I Reserve my Whole army except the scouts which i Infiltrate on the far Left of the board, opposite to his forces.

None of my units fall to the red thirst and i forget to try and steal the Initiative.

Turn 1:

His army does not move at all, not even the raider and the whole force opens up on my scouts who hit the dirt and take 1 casualty from the rockets.

I do nothing as nothing is in and the scouts are pinned,

Turn 2:

Both his Termy squads come in and they deploy withing 6 of his raider as he has a Locator Beacon. Termies + Raider + Crusader Squads open up on my scouts again which kills another 1 as i again suck dirt. He does not pop-smoke with his Raider (He forgot) :)

My turn 2 and I roll for reserves and get the Termies raven in and the Assault squad without the priest :( .

I boost the Raven 24" up in the face of his raider. Assault squad deploys in a circle near my scouts and run to spread out a bit. Raven opens up on the Raider and makes it explode with its Multi-Melta! I score 4 wounds on the command squad inside and i kill the Segeant with Power Weapon :) . Thats my shooting done. His command squad moves 9" towards my Raven as they passed both their Ld and Pinning Checks.

Turn 3:

Command squad moves toward the raven while termies stay put. Termies open up on my Raven and score 3 Pens of which i fail all 3! :) Raven explodes and the dread bounces out with the termies in front to try and get cover. Crusader squads now open up on my Dread and Wreck it as the termies were not enough to cover half the dread :D . Even AV13 is Fallible to 2 Rockets. Command squad laces into the termies killing 2 with bad rolling on my part. Assault Cannons tear into my Assault squad and kill 4 with 1 Rending and me failing three 3+ saves. Both the assault squad and termies pass Ld checks. Command Squad charges the Termies and priest and destroys them consolidating 5" into the ruin nearby. Not a good turn for me...............

My turn 3 and Mephy's raven and the priests assault squad comes in. I move the raven 12 up to the command squad and drop off Mephy. Priests assault squad runs 1" while the 6 man RAS moves next to the scouts ruin. Raven fires off its assault cannons into the and Melta into the Cyclone termies but all are saved. Mephy charges the command squad, gets off rage+sword and puts one attack on the Marshall who bites the dirt after failing the one 3++. Mephy's other 5 attacks then wipe out the command squad and he consolidates 5" behind a ruin.

Turn 4:

His Assault cannon termies move up to Mephy. Cyclone termies, now with the Emperors champion have to stay where they are as the champion just joined them. Shooting begins with the Assault cannon termies taking 2 Wounds off Mephy with rending shots, and then mephy passes the plasma cover save and multiple armour saves from the Crusader squads. The cyclone termies fire into the Raven but do nothing :D .

My Turn 4 My raven moves 6" towards the cyclone termies and mephy flies 12 at the Assault cannon termies with the Marshall. Both assault squads converge together to get the FnP bubble right. Mephy fleets 5 as he would have been out of charg range of the Termies. The Storm Raven unleashes its Entire Payload on the Cyclone termies and Kill 4 of them and take a wound off the Champion (That was a great result). Mephy Charges the assault cannon termies and at this stage i did not know the Lightning claw guy was a marshall so ignored him and went for the squad. Killed 3 and then mephy diead after taking 2 Fist wounds and a PW wound from the claws, He more than made his points back though as he killed the 300-400 point Command squad as well as 100 points worth of termies.

Turn 5:

Emperors Champion and lone cyclone termy move towards one of the Objectives. Assault cannon termy and marshall move towards my Raven. Shooting is his Marshall and AC dude failing to do any damage to my raven same with the cyclone dude but then the Crusader squads took it down with their rockets as i failed my cover saves :( . Thats pretty much it from him.

My turn was my Assault squads jumping on to 2 objectives and my scout squad killing a terminator with the champion with a rending sniper shot but fails to pin and the champion then proceeds to go 4" towards one of my objectives.

Game ends on a 2 and the score is 2-1 to me as the champion is about half an inch out of contesting. If he had killed the champ and not the terminator with the rend he would have drawn the game. Oh well! Overall i was happy with the ravens through the 2 games with both of them in the second game killing more than their own points worth of stuff.

What did ye think?

Vanguard work great versus Long Fangs if you feel like tweaking your list a bit. Well done in both games.

Not when they can't get to them they don't. I'm surprised that people fall for that so easily.

Exactly. Your opponent would have to leave them exposed for such a thing to happen , which isn't a good move.

I still feel the absense of mech in your list is a drawback. Your need the armour saturation for stormravens. Descent of angels means that a portion of your army is off the table to begin with , allowing your opponent to pump fire into your stormravens.

Stormravens should handle the longfangs fine , as long as you have the first turn that is, if not , its reserves I guess. Its the dam thunderwolf lord who will be a pain , as you are going to have to assault his lines at some point , and you can be sure the thunderwolf lord will be ready for a fight.

and you can be sure the thunderwolf lord will be ready for a fight.

Yeah baby!

Your need the armour saturation for stormravens.

I don't think you do necessarily. If you play aggressively with Jumpers and get them in people's faces and force your opponent to deal with them then you buy time for the Ravens to deliver units and take out tanks that would otherwise threaten them. If the grunts start to tie up/remove threats to the Raven at range then your opponent will often struggle to bring it down until the late game when it probably doesn't matter any more.

When it comes to rolling for reserves you can always see if your Ravens show up by rolling them first and then start to roll for the Jumpers and decide whether you'll reroll their arrivals to ensure they all show up in a big (enough) wave rather than in dribs and drabs.

and you can be sure the thunderwolf lord will be ready for a fight.

Yeah baby!

Your need the armour saturation for stormravens.

I don't think you do necessarily. If you play aggressively with Jumpers and get them in people's faces and force your opponent to deal with them then you buy time for the Ravens to deliver units and take out tanks that would otherwise threaten them. If the grunts start to tie up/remove threats to the Raven at range then your opponent will often struggle to bring it down until the late game when it probably doesn't matter any more.

When it comes to rolling for reserves you can always see if your Ravens show up by rolling them first and then start to roll for the Jumpers and decide whether you'll reroll their arrivals to ensure they all show up in a big (enough) wave rather than in dribs and drabs.

But despite migitating the luck factor involved with running such a list , a luck factor still remains. It is a very aggresive list , but perhaps aggresive to the extent where it becomes almost one dimensional? However there will always be an element of unpredictability for your opponenet to feel. As you have enormous flexibility with your deployment.

Well, played two games against Stormbrows shooty wolves tonight and was quite happy with how the ravens performed and with the list as a whole. He won the first game which was 4 objectives, pitched battle and then he conceded the second game in Kill Points, Spearhead. I will give detailed Batreps tomorrow as I am too tired now andi got about 20-40 pics so will be posting them too.

Well, played two games against Stormbrows shooty wolves tonight and was quite happy with how the ravens performed and with the list as a whole. He won the first game which was 4 objectives, pitched battle and then he conceded the second game in Kill Points, Spearhead. I will give detailed Batreps tomorrow as I am too tired now andi got about 20-40 pics so will be posting them too.

Woot.

Glad to hear it!

Can't wait!

A good way to get armor saturation in a raven list without losing its "speedy" feel is a bunch of speeders. Also gives you more meltas and a good way to get some anti-horde!

Nicely done. Your list is a natural Kill point army.

Thanks, Stormbrows new list is a bit ginger beer, lots of missiles, lightning and those damn Autocannons who in the first game scored 3 Pens with the one dread on one of my Ravens, I was so disappoint.

Anyway, i wont be able to get the Batreps up tonight as my internet is after crapping out on me and I Cannot upload any pics and i can barely load normal pages.

Got 2 games in today against a different space wolves player who I tabled and a quickly drawn up blood angles list which I tabled aswell and only lost an arm off a dread and the priest and the scrub from the honour guard in the blood angels game.

The wolves list if ye're interested was:

Rune Priest

3 X Wolf Guard w/ Power Fists

3 X 8 Man Grey Hunters w/ meltagun, Mark, banner.

5 TWC w/ Thunder Hammer/Storm Shield, Storm Shield

Lone Wolf w/ Terminator Armour, Storm Shield, Thunder Hammer

3 X 6 Man Long Fangs w/ 4 Rocket, 1 lascannon.

Will not post up batreps of these games but I will put up the one from Thursday night that I won, if I can

Archived