Phlegon's LPC 2011 WIP thread

Phlegon

Hello,

So here is my first update for my Rifleman Terminator Squad for my LPC Challenge. My son decided that my camera needed a bath in the toilet so I am unable to take pics right now. So with no further ado here is my narrative of my building the squad.

Ok so out of the box I had decided that I would magnetize my two heavy weapons, Assault Cannon and Heavy Flamer. I traded the missile launcher because I don't like the way it looks. So I clipped out all my different parts and started playing with poses. I also decided that I would have my sergeant with a helmet and my heavy weapons guy be bare headed. I then assembled all of my termies making sure to drill out all of the barrels including my assault cannon. Now this is all just routine stuff for modeling but once I assembled all my termies (including magnetizing the heavy weapons). Now the rest of my army is based with these Linky! Now my idea for my army was to have half of my company in a factory and the other half securing the city. So my termies got the rubble strewn base work. I took the sprues the termies came on and clipped that up and glued it up in random patterns. I also had the brass basing stuff from the GW basing kit and I littered some of that on the base. After all of that I cover the base with regular modeling flock sand. Once this was dry I put a watered down glue mixture over the sand to keep it all in place. Once that was done and dry I primed the whole lot black.

Once again sorry about the lack of pictures I hope to have mine working soon.

Thanks

Phlegon

Hello again. Here is my second update (without pics). God willing and the creek don't rise the federal government should be giving me my money back soon so I can get a new camera. Until then I'll just try to spell it out for you guys again.

So for my blues I used vallejo game color in a make shift triad. I start by over brushing Night Blue over the entire model. I am not terribly concerned with neatness at this point. I then drybrush the whole model with Imperial Blue leaving the previous coat in the recesses. The last step for my blues is the drybrush just the raised edges with Electric Blue. At this point they look more like poorly painted Ultramarines but I'll take care of that in a bit.

Next I drybrush boltgun metal on all the weapons and paint their chest details and the two studs on the end of the helmets. I then paint any gold details that I want and highlight all metallic areas with Mithril Silver. Black is then used to paint the weapon casings and joints of the armor. For the Eyes I start with Foundation Orange from the citadel paints range. Golden yellow is then used to highlight the eyes.

Once all this is done and dry the whole model gets a good washin' of Badaab Black. Before the wash drys I wipe the excess of the wash off my brush and then pull extra wash off of the model. Once this is all dry they no longer look like badly painted Ultramarines but are on there way to becoming Crimson Fists.

Mechrite Red is my base coat for my power fists and weapon hands. I then Highlight this with blood red and wash all red areas with chestnut ink.

Well that is my recipe for my Crimson Fists. Hopefully I'll be able to get some pics added to this tread soon. Thanks for looking.

Phlegon

Well finally I got a camera and here are the pics.

gallery_56484_5622_1159147.jpg

Sergeant

gallery_56484_5622_1565132.jpg

Assault Cannon

gallery_56484_5622_980193.jpg

Terminator 1

gallery_56484_5622_1019690.jpg

Terminator 2

gallery_56484_5622_1669388.jpg

Terminator 3

Well I know the pics ain't great but here they are.

Archived