Red Fury LPC WIP -DONE!-

Red Fury

Here are some quick and dirty WIP pics of my RAS I have vowed:

First pic is actually step 2. I already sprayed white then pure red and have just finished a very thinned blood red to cover everything nicely.

gallery_43967_5784_84322.jpg

This is after a Ogryn flesh wash all over and black basecoat of weapons and belts etc. The guy in the background is from another RAS that is already done, I'm just making sure they match up ok.

gallery_43967_5784_283881.jpg

Helmets:

gallery_43967_5784_317421.jpg

Distractions! ;)

gallery_43967_5784_1199582.jpg

I based all the purity seals and eagles and washed. Highlighted with blazing orange and washed with baal red:

gallery_43967_5784_1211831.jpg

Progress thus far:

gallery_43967_5784_94326.jpg

I have more done and some pics taken, I'll have to get an update loaded in the next day or two. Oh and as a side note here, I have halogen work lights, so everything is pictured a lot more orange than the red they really are. I'll get some outdoor pics when I'm all done.

Thanks for watching.

• 2 weeks later...
Good progress, Frater! The Assault Squad is coming along nicely. A suggestion that I would make (and this comes down to personal preference) would be to shoot for more shading on the red. The highlights look nice, but the model overall looks a little flat due to not having a nice shade to the recesses and whatnot. I would suggest mixing Badab Black into your Baal Red wash, but again, personal preference. If you like what you're doing, great! And keep at it, it's some great work. :blush:

Thanks guys. About the shading, yeah it looks non-existent in these photos. But I think it is just getting washed out under the halogen lights. I've hit the red with a ogryn flesh wash, did highlights, and then a Baal red wash. I did fewer orange highlights on these guys than I have done before, instead trying to get the shadows darker.

The squad is all done now, I'll try to get some outdoor pics up soon so you can see them in proper light, and some more raven pics of course.

My LPC vow is complete! The 10 man assault squad is finished, but I'm struggling to take decent pictures. Here is one picture that came out OK:

gallery_43967_5784_329781.jpg

Here is the priest to chaperon the squad:

gallery_43967_5784_8592.jpg

And here is another wip picture of my raven I am now working on:

gallery_43967_5848_134571.jpg

I'll keep trying to take better pictures, I just need to get a better lighting setup. Thanks for checking it out, all C&C welcome.

Your RAS looks great! I find it really difficult getting a good layer of Blood Red over Pure Red but your's looks perfect.

And I like the freehand work on the raven's wings, mine didn't come out as well as that :P

Thanks!

The blonde hair started off pretty much the same as the helmets, Illyaden yellow, mud wash, retouch yellow, highlight with illyaden mixed with a little bit of bleach bone mixed in. The hair just went a step further and I cover the top of his head with the highlight color and did some little edge highlights with bleached bone.

I find it pretty easy to get good coverage over the pure red spray, maybe because I'm using Vallejo Bloody Red? I thin it down quite a bit and cover the whole model before doing a wash.

Archived