Angels Sanguine LPC Progress

RebG

Hi all,

So, when I signed up to this years LPC I thought afterwards; "Ah, I've not pledged much, maybe I should add a dreadnought...and some assault marines...and" you get the idea. Now that it's already March and I've painted zilch thank flip that I didn't!!

Here's what I said:

I, RebG of the Blood Angels subforum, vow on the honour of my Chapter, the Angels Sanguine, to paint and present at least 5 Vanguard Veterans, 2 Sanguinary Priests and a Recluisarch on or before the 31st of March, 2011. I promise to provide at least two WIP updates, preferably with pictures, in that time. I vow that if I should fail, I will provide the Librarium with an article and wear the Signature of Shame until my penitence period is done.

Hopefully I can make the pictures work, it's something I've failed miserably with before so fingers crossed...*Edit: Sorry they're a bit on the large side!* here's the chosen few with paint layer number one:

2011-02-01%20002%202011-02-01%20002.JPG

And a little bit more paint:

2011-02-28%20001%202011-02-28%20002.JPG

And finally (for now) a slightly bigger, if blurry, picture of my Recluisarch:

2011-02-28%20001%202011-02-28%20003.JPG

I've started painting the Priests but haven't got pic's yet sorry, more will follow though if I get my act together!

P.S glad to see we're winning overall at the minute!

Hey guys,

DeathKnight2000: It is indeed Seth's body with the head drilled out. The plan was to made a company champion with Seth's weapon too but all the normal marine helmets didn't fit inside that collar so he became a Chaplain. It's Lemartes' arms and Azrael's backpack. There's a few WiP shots here. The helmet was scratch built following Ron's guide at From the Warp, a link to that is here.

wbb: Cheers, the base colour is Army Painter spray, Dragon Red. Bit of a learning curve (the legs covered a bit rough) but I really like the colour. Washed it with red since and considering green, will show you how it goes.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey gent's

So I've done a little more work on these guys, the pictures have come out pretty rubbish though, should have some better tomorrow:

2011-03-16%20001%202011-03-16%20003.JPG

There's a grey (dark) layer over the black, you can see what I mean in the contrast of the shadows on the left marine's collar (gorget or something?). I'm not a huge fan of strong edge highlights so I seem to be making this a bit complicated for myself at the minute :tu:

2011-03-16%20001%202011-03-16%20002.JPG

Excuse the giant paint pot, at least the Sang Priests are starting to look a little priest-like!

Half a month to go...getting there!

Brother Melice, cheers. They're pretty basic-yet-effective kit bashes.

The thunder hammer is just the Death Company one, I added one purity seal on the shoulder pad but that was about it.

On the painting front I've added base colours (chaos black and boltgun metal) to all the weapons and (snakebite leather) for the purity seals. Helmets and gold other bits are base coated and first layered...so on etc. There's, unfortunately, not very much difference in the pictures though so not masses to post really.

Will hopefully have another good session on Sunday and have something worth showing. Damn me for being such a slow painter!

Archived