Las Plas Razorback Turret

Darkseer

I promised a good las/plas razorback turret, so here it is.

It was of course so awesome that it needed a montage...

http://i303.photobucket.com/albums/nn121/AMBSphotobucket/space%20wolves/razorbackmontage.jpg

Tutorial on how I did it will go up when I make the next one.

Not bad for half an hours work!

Worry not, Darkseer. The Views are slightly delayed on new posts.

Moreover, people might be confusing it with another post of virtually the same name that went through the rounds last week.

For what it's worth in all it's delayed glory, I'm quite fond of your modeling. Normally, I can find something to -_- about, but to be honest, it's a very well done conversion. I look forward to seeing the tank as a whole.

Nice conversion, is that a Predator turret? Guess I'll find out whn you've done your howto. :) Almost looks like it came out the box like that.

The only thing I don't like so much is that the plasma coils are underneath - I love the look of them and wouldn't want to hide them at the bottom if at all possible.

I mean no offense to Darkseer, but that isn't the most difficult conversion to pull off. I could do it in an hour or less.

I'm not a big fan of the look though. The Razorback has always struck me more as being like a Stryker-type weapon platform. Small turret controlled by remote from inside.

Pretty good though Dark. Very seamless and neat.

I mean no offense to Darkseer, but that isn't the most difficult conversion to pull off. I could do it in an hour or less.

I could do it in five minutes or less, while sitting on the toilet and emptying my bowels. I AM THE GREATEST. RAWR. (Cut to montage of me building it on the john, while 'You're The Best Around' is playing).

I could do it in five minutes or less, while sitting on the toilet and emptying my bowels. I AM THE GREATEST. RAWR. (Cut to montage of me building it on the john, while 'You're The Best Around' is playing).

............ ;)

Dude I'm not trying to be a jerk. I only said that because someone above said it looked difficult.

I don't know if it is the lack of new material for the SW forum to post on or what, but I have to say the threads are getting pretty entertaining.

We need an emote for passing the popcorn and watching a thread.

Anyway, I like the conversion and am a fan of all your work. Good job!

I don't know if it is the lack of new material for the SW forum to post on or what, but I have to say the threads are getting pretty entertaining.

We need an emote for passing the popcorn and watching a thread.

Anyway, I like the conversion and am a fan of all your work. Good job!

http://i785.photobucket.com/albums/yy134/Kassill1/popcorn.gif

:HQ:

Neat turret by the way! :)

I am actually a fan of using the predator turret for razorback weapon options. I like it because you can stick your pintle-mount up

high so it doesn't look like the heavy bolters/ lascannons/ assault cannon is shooting the space marine in the back of the head. I

purchased a couple of magnitsed Baal Predators and removed the iconography and intend to use it a Twin Linked Assault cannon.

I am certain I have a spare predator turret lrying around somewhere too.

Cheers for posting your conversion.

I like it very much. Would like to see it on the tank before I would commit to picking up the bitz from a bitz store.

@Coverfire

I don't like the pintle weapons on the Razorbacks either and this is a good way of placing them out of the way as well.

Thanks for the cheers and banter guys ^_^

Yeah, it took me all of a half hour. But getting the lascannon to line up right took some work.

It's neat and it's fairly quick. Tutorial soon (ish).

Archived