Blood Reaver

Ashe Darke

Is anyone else wanting to read the extract for this? Generally the extract goes up about 3 months before BL says the book will be out. Well the time where I'd expect it to be out has come and gone and books that are coming out at the same time have their extracts up. Maybe it's not getting one or maybe it's assumed it doesn't need one to raise hype?

Either way I'd like to have an extract to read. Am I the only one?

Well, an extract would be nice, but in my case, unnecessary. At the risk of sounding unnecessarily flattering, I consider Mr. Dembski-Bowden's name on the front cover a recommendation enough to buy, as evidenced by a trifecta of "Soul Hunter", "Helsreach", and "The First Heretic". If anything, his books have always been consistent, quality-wise, and getting better; while some other BL authors mandate caution due to hit-and-miss nature of their books, so far there's been no misses from him. So come May (or April, if it appears on the shelves then - BL books seem to show up in the stores here about a month before the "official" release date), I know what I'm getting. Although naturally, a little something to whet the readers' appetites would be nice...

Don't get me wrong, this is a must buy either way. I'm just wondering why it isn't there, and wondering why it isn't there makes me wanna read it.

Kestra, following the usual pattern of releases it should be in stores in April. The BL release dates tend to be their own release dates from what I can see, not the local stores which tend to get them an month early.

Don't get me wrong, this is a must buy either way. I'm just wondering why it isn't there, and wondering why it isn't there makes me wanna read it.

Kestra, following the usual pattern of releases it should be in stores in April. The BL release dates tend to be their own release dates from what I can see, not the local stores which tend to get them an month early.

I'm going off BL's site, which has it pegged for May. I have yet to see a book arrive sooner than one week prior to BL's posted date (at least where I am, other places may have better fortune), so BL's date is consistent with arrival at my location.

Ahhh fair enough, I guess I must be lucky in my area. I always got confused why the BL site would say Pre Order Now when I had finished the book.

EDIT: Either that or it feels earlier than it really is.

Either that, or it's because you're in the UK and get first dibs while the rest of us dodge spoilers for a month. :D

I'm looking forward to this book. I really liked Soul Hunter as it portrayed Chaos Space Marines differently than how I had seen them shown previously. They are barely hanging on, fighting for scraps of armor and resources and shows of desperation, yet dogged determination to keep fighting because that's all they have, and sort of explains how so many end up falling to the Chaos powers.

It was also cool to see how the non-astartes crew got along on a CSM ship-I had always figured that astartes crewed their entire ships until I started reading HH books and such. The whole Knight/Serf relationship thing is interesting, and perhaps appropriate. Swabbing the decks is beneath astartes I suppose.

Soul Hunter really helped me flesh out some ideas of my own for my Warband and Talos and (most) of his squads' view on the Chaos powers gelled nicely with how I felt, and they did it better than Honsou conveyed in Storm of Iron...

Besides all that it was just a damn fun book to read. It will be interesting to see what happens to the characters in Blood Reaver.

*grumbles at a 2 month delay* Bah, I need my Night Lord fix. Oh and this particular warband is running out of supplies. If there is ever anything written about Krieg Acerbus's warband I bet that one is doing much better than 10th company. But gah good read and now I really need that book...hell I have to replace my copy of Soul Hunter, I've read it to death.

http://blagmasterg.wordpress.com/2011/03/2...-reaver-review/

Here's a review, not by me because my eyes have not beheld the novel. :P

All my hate to those who've already read this book; may your fields be blighted, your cattle stricken with the pox, and your women be made barren! ;)

Archived