Sanguinary Guard LPC WIP

Terrahawk

Hi!

As you might have noticed, this is a bit late date to start an LPC thread. Luckily for me, I have been working (albeit very slowly) on my Vow and what's even better, my Vow is very humble indeed. That means only 2 Sanguinary Guard to paint. :D

Currently I'm in the process of priming my current batch of minis, including said participants of the vow, and my WIP update number 2 is coming soonish, possibly even today. Hell, I might even be able to showcase the finished product in this very thread before the end of the month. I wouldn't mind dodging the notorious Signature of Shame.

I'll promise the next update will have a picture or two, even though I'm no photographer.

Thanks for looking!

Alright, my priming is done and I proceeded to do the undercoat on my Sanguinary Guard. Next step is washing the models either with Sepia or Devlan Mud. After the wash has dried I can proceed to painting some proper gold. :)

I'm going to try to get the washing done after today's night shift. By Baal's Blood I might even pull the Vow off.

med_gallery_29113_5897_1003814.jpg

Since this coat won't show (besides the recesses) in the final product, I didn't have to mind the details too much. By the way, don't you hate the way photos reveal all the spots you have missed? :(

Thanks for looking!

By the way, don't you hate the way photos reveal all the spots you have missed? :D

Yep, my photo's always show huge mold lines that I have somehow missed... :lol:

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread closely, I'm sorely tempted to paint some of these guys up

By the way, don't you hate the way photos reveal all the spots you have missed? :P

Yep, my photo's always show huge mold lines that I have somehow missed... :P

I'll be keeping an eye on this thread closely, I'm sorely tempted to paint some of these guys up

Gotta say I really love these models, the amount of details they have is a bit intimidating though! :D

Hehe, I hope the finished product isn't too disappointing!

By the way, don't you hate the way photos reveal all the spots you have missed? :huh:

Oh I feel your pain, I sways miss something somewhere on one of my models every time :angry: Your Sang. look good so far. Going for a bone-ish color sceme?

Mr.Malevolent

By the way, don't you hate the way photos reveal all the spots you have missed? :lol:

Oh I feel your pain, I sways miss something somewhere on one of my models every time :devil: Your Sang. look good so far. Going for a bone-ish color sceme?

Mr.Malevolent

Thanks for the compliment. :)

As for the scheme, you would be half-correct there. It is bone in the sense that I use a similar undercoat for my Deathwing, but in this case I do it only for shading. I washed my models with Devlan Mud so the recesses that will be shown under the gold will be much darker. Oh and I finished painting Mr Fisto's gold yesterday, still needs a few touch-ups though. I'll be taking a few pictures soonish, but as for today I'm playing a Planetstrike game. Can't wait to Furious Charge straight outta Deep Strike mwahahaha!

Update time!

Just finished painting gold on the Melta gunner and snapped a quick photo.

gallery_29113_5897_322058.jpg

I'm really determined to get my project finished this weekend, and I'm pretty confident I can pull this off considering I only have details and wings to paint. And some touch-ups.

Gonna compromise on quality and possibly skip highlighting alltogether if need be, but dammit I'm doing this. :P

Thanks for looking!

VOW COMPLETE

As crazy as it sounds, I actually did it! The Sanguinary Guard proved to be a bigger challenge than I would have thought, but through sheer determination and some compromises in the painting department I managed to get there. All in all, the LPC has been a great experience and it did get me painting again after few months of slacking. So yeah, scratch one for the Sons of Sanguinius! ;)

Below is the finished product from a few different angles:

gallery_29113_5897_106078.jpg

gallery_29113_5897_1214380.jpg

gallery_29113_5897_443312.jpg

Thanks for looking!

They look GREAT, cousin, albeit they are 3 men shy of a full squad!?! :D

Thanks for the kind words cousin. :D

As for the missing 3 members of a full squad... they are... umm... fighting legions of foul daemons! I swear!

Archived