Arkangilos

Star Saviors

Parent Chapter: Ultramarines
Founding: 26th
Homeworld: Alterius
Battlecry: "Vengeance and the Greater Good!"

gallery_60335_6026_57693.png

Origins

The Star Saviors were created during the 26th founding to reinforce the Galactic East. For centuries, they did this without question, and many Ork Waaaaghs! and other invasions were stopped in their tracks.
When the Tau became a major threat, the Star Saviors defended the worlds against their growing tide. Not one world fell that was protected by the Star Saviors. Eventually, the Tau temperarially stopped their expansion, and the Star Saviors redirected their forces to a growing Waaaaagh!

Change of Heart

The response to the Ork's pending invasion was to land on and fortify the world of Galron. Knowing that the local PDF, and even the entire Star Saviors chapter, was not going to be enough to defend against the Waaaagh!, the Star Saviors' chapter master sent out a request for several regiments of Imperial Guard, and other reinforcements. However, when the response arrived, it would sadden the hearts of the chapter. The reinforcements were denied for "logistical and strategic reasons" not fully explained.
Understanding this, the Star Saviors and every man capable of fighting took up their positions, and met the Green Tide with anger.
The war did not go well, and many had perrished. The Orks had an exceptionally good MechBoy, who jammed the Imperial battlefield communications, making it impossible to communicate through standard vox systems. Each day the defenders sent out another request for aid via astropath, and each time they were rejected. They knew without aid this world would fall, and every citizen would die.
Ammo and supplies were running out, and even pleas for those were denied.
Finally, during the third month of the seige, the Orks had broken the defensive barriers, and the chapter and PDF were locked into a deadly melee. Indeed, the Orks were only hours away from victory. When all hope seemed lost, things got worse, then better. Chapter Master Gavian was struck down by an Ork Boss but as the boss raised his weapon to make the final blow, he was denied when a bright flash of energy tore him to pieces.
All at once, Orks began to die, and they fled. This bought the defenders an uneasy momentary peace.
When the Chapter Master recovered, he was visited by an old enemy, Shas'O Ver'el, and an unknown Water Caste diplomat. Because the Tau had saved them, he spared them, and let the diplomat speak.
Water Caste Expination
You ask us why your enemies would aid you? It is simple. We aid you because if you do not succeed here, the Orks will continue going, and soon this whole region would be lost. We do not do it for reward, because stopping the Orks here would protect not just you Gual'la, but also us. Saving you saves the Greater Good, and that is reward enough.

The Tau had agreed to help the Imperial defenders unconditionally, and offered some solutions to their problems.
The first battlefield solution came in the form of boosted vox systems. Each space marine helmet was equipped with them, giving them an antennae. This allowed joint strike tactics between the PDF and Space Marines. The next solution came with new powersources for las weapons, and materials to repair and rearm the Space Marines. The empty rocket launchers were modified and reloaded with Tau missiles. Terminators had their spent cyclone missile launchers replaced with Tau missile pods.
Rearmed and reequipped, the Imperial Forces pushed the Orks back.
During the war against the Orks, a Puritan Inquisitor got word of the Astartes using Xenotech. He sent an agent to confirm this, and when it was confirmed, without their knowlage declared them heretics, but redeemable.
Rather than go to where the chapter was fighting, he went to their homeworld with several contingeants of Sister of Battle and four regiments of Imperial Guard. There, he killed all of the chapter serfs to prevent "further taint" and placed a garrison to watch over the planet. From there, he set out to Galron to confront the chapter.
Two months later, the Inquisition and his forces dropped out of warp around Galron and hailed Gavian.
At first Gavian was overjoyed that the Imperium had finally sent aid to the brutal war, but was soon to be dissapointed. The Inquisitor demanded that Gavian kill the Xenos he was working with, and that the chapter was to abandon Galron to die, that its people had been tainted by the Xenos. He told Gavian that should he surrender, his chapter would be spared by a penitence crusade.
Gavian was shocked, and refused to kill those who had saved them, as it would blemish their honor, and abandon those they had fought to protect, Imperial Citizens, as it would be abandoning their duty. The Inquisitor, who by this time had already landed troops, demanded that the chaplains remove the heretics of the chapter. When the chaplains sided with the Inquisitor, Gavian ordered the men to execute them so that the Saviors could continue on their mission of defense without threat of being backstabbed. The chaplains and the Inquisitor's forces had no chances of defense, and were slaughtered to a man. The PDF, knowing full well what was happenning, and joined sides with the Saviors. The Inquisitor immediately declared the Star Saviors excommunicated, but not having enough troops to make another attack, withdrew, promising to destroy the chapter.
Having no where else to turn, the Star Saviors and local PDF allied themselves with the Tau, and soon the Tau sent a whole contingent of ground forces.
Within a year, the Orks were reduced to a mere fraction of what they were, and the Saviors left the world to rearm and regroup with a Tau army in one of their systems. They began building a new base of operations, and remade their loyalties.

Orginization

Though no longer under Imperial Rule, the Star Saviors do still follow the codex and its guidelines for orginazation. This does not, however, mean that it does not modify anything. It will make case by case modifications, and will now, if given the opertunity, try to gain in size.

Doctrines

Since the merge with the Tau, the Star Saviors have cast off the restrictions of the Mechanicus, and began incorperating both Tau and Human techs. One such hybrid is the Dreadnaught XV-1. The Dreadnaught is armed with specially fitting jump packs, and is equipped with both Tau and Human weapons, including the Assault Cannon and Fusion Gun. It can also be equipped with Shield Drones.
Another technology used in combat are the newer Land Speeder Drones, which are remote controlled from a safer location.
The most common, however, is actually a Rhino H, where the Tau replaced the tracks with hovering devices.

There are other, more expiremental suits, such as the Mk VII-S, which uses technology from the Tau XV-25 Stealth Suits. This, however, is rarely used as it has a 25% chance of exploading every time it is used.

The Saviors rarely use railguns, however, as they are not as reliable in the close quarter combat as weapons such as the Ion Gun. On the other hand, scout snipers have began training with the Rail Rifles, and there are reports of their battlefield use.

The Tau themselves do not use this hybrid technology, as they see it as somewhat backwards, but they will gladly merge their technology with the Saviors.

Beliefs

No longer believing in the Imperium, they now believe in the Greater Good of Humanity. They hate chaos, and hate the rulers of the Imperium, for they believe them to be just as corrupt.
They no longer believe in the Machine Spirit, as it was a teaching of the depraved past, and now that they have seen the truth of technology, they know it for what it is.
They also replaced their servitors with drones, believing the mind slaves to be an abomination to what is humane.

Believing as they do, they will not attack other humans unless provoked. Indeed, at times of need, they will even aid the human worlds of the Imperium, like the Tau aided them. They do not stay long, however, as the longer they stay beyond the greater the chances the Imperium would recognize who they are.

Their recruiting methods, however, are the same. Only rather than Imperial Recruits, they recruit from among Gual'la auxiliary forces.

Colors

The Star Saviors now use a variety of colors depending on their warzones. There are however, three colors that remain constant. The first constant is the green trim. The second constant is the yellow stripe on their helmets, and the yellow squad insignias on their right should pads. The yellow was selected in honor of the Tau Sept forces that had saved them. The third and final constant is the right fist, which is colored in the same blue as the Astral Saviors.
Why they selected this blue is unclear. It could be to mock the chapter, or it could be to honor them. What is certain however, is that it is blue because of some previous contact with them in the fields of Feaura.

spacemarine.jpg
Desert/Wasteland scheme

Notable Actions

Will be completed soon-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ideas are welcome. I will be adding to it as time goes by. The general idea is that they are traitors, but did not join chaos, but instead the Tau. They now merge their techs with tau techs. Etc. That will not change. History and Beliefs can be changed.
Ideas for colorschemes are welcome too. You know, normal stuff.

Bring your arguements :)

Interesting. I can see that your army would certainly be full of conversions. In terms of your fluff I think with a bit of work and refinement you will have a force full of flavour. In terms of playability, I would assume you could counts-as a lot of things but in instances where its hard to, e.g the tank mounted ion cannon, I think thats best left for apocalypse.

Thank you for your comment.

I do plan on refining, and I am thinking of what to add in.

In terms of rules, for the dreadnaughts, we would use the Blood Angel Codex, Librarian Dreadnaught (as it has the wings of sanguinius power), which would take Shield of Sanguinius (which would be some form of shield generator) and Wings of Sanguinius (the Jump Packs). The Mk.VII-S power armored marines would use the Legion of the Damned Rules, because they would "show up out of no where" and are still hard to see, so they would have the invulnerable save. I figured this would keep it somewhat more balanced.

What do you think a good color scheme would be?

I wasn't aware that the Blood Angels had the Legion of the Damned. Anyway...

I am really liking this army now. A good colour would maybe be that of a Tau sept that the Star Savious ally with, and maybe incorporate the Tau symbol into the Chapter symbol.

The Blood Angels do not, but the Space Marine Codex does. I would probably use parts of the differant codexes. If not, almost everything tech-wise could probably be found for something in the BA Codex if I looked hard enough.

I am expiramenting with the colors right now on SM Painter.

I also like the idea of the chapter symbol involving the Tau symbol now, so I will start thinking about that.

I've often wondered why so many renegade chapters turned to chaos to survive when there was always the open arms of The Greater Good. Good to see someone trying it. As far as colors go I'd have them retain their original colors but with some added Tau heraldry. Perhaps the Ta'u sept symbol in place of the usual aquila. Just some thoughts. Good luck with the project.

The change to accept aid from the Tau came all too easy, remember, these guys are hypo condictioned for humanty and that all Xero is scum, these changes don't happen simply because a marine needs more ammo since he would rather fight with his bare hands then accept help from "filth". If needs be he will continue to fight unarmed.

The change to accept aid from the Tau came all too easy, remember, these guys are hypo condictioned for humanty and that all Xero is scum, these changes don't happen simply because a marine needs more ammo since he would rather fight with his bare hands then accept help from "filth". If needs be he will continue to fight unarmed.

It was not that they did not get ammo, it was that the Imperium abandoned the world. They did not send troops, ammo, supplies, or anything to stop the Orks, but they sent an army to stop the Saviors. That usually is enough to turn space marines.

They did not join the Tau until the inquisition destroyed their homeworld, they just accepted aid to protect the citizens. There are space marine chapters out there that use "forbidden" weaponry, and most of them end up joining chaos. This idea was that rather than join Chaos (who space marines hate more) and destroy humanity, they join the Tau with the goal of helping humanity.

*loads Bolter* Alrighty, let's have a whack at this. I'll try to use my gentle voice :yes:

Understanding this, the Star Saviors and every man capable of fighting took up their positions, and met the Green Tide with anger.

If they understood this, why did they keep asking for aid, and why would they get upset when none came? They were already given a reason, and you say they understood that reason. No reason to get any more upset at the Imperium as the battle went on. They knew going in that they were alone.

The battle did not go well, and many had perrished. The Orks had an exceptionally good MechBoy, who jammed the Imperial battlefield communications. Each day the defenders sent out another request for aid, and each time they were rejected. He knew without aid this world would fall, and every citizen would die.

Small point: I think at this juncture, you are beyond a battle going poorly, and into a War going poorly. Really does more to emphasize the scale of the threat. Also, as started earlier, your boys knew going in that they were on their own.

Ammo and supplies were running out, and even pleas for those were denied.

Denied? Or didn't get through. Earlier you make it sound like it is logistically impossible to get material there (In the Imperium's eyes anyway), then you say they are jammed. Now they can get out of system communications, but they are getting nos for answers? You are making the Imperium out to be deliberately malicious. Which it can be, but it usually has at least SOME reason for it, even a bad one.

Hope came on the second month of the war, however, when a non-ork ship intered the system. It immediately hailed the ground forces, promising "unconditional" aid. Chapter Master Gavian quickly began communicating with them, and recognised that they were Tau. However, rather than shoot them and lose their aid, ultimately leading to the loss of the planet, he agreed to the help.

And this is where it breaks down. Imagine you are 3 years old. Every single minute of every single day, you are being constantly told that everyone that doesn't look like you must be killed on sight. This continues every hour of every day until you are 25. Every other person you know feels the same way, and you have never questioned this belief. It is no longer a belief or an idea, it is a fact. An Iron Clad law that accepts no deviation. Every time you have seen something different than you, you have shot it. This is how Astartes are trained and conditioned. It has to be a monumentally huge and crushing decision for them not to simply die fighting a war on two fronts. They are huge believers in death before dishonor and all that. I feel like there needs to be a better reason. Maybe the Tau personally saved the Chapter Master and his guys from being slaughtered? All in the name of altruism?

The first battlefield solution came in the form of boosted vox systems. Each space marine helmet was equipped with them, giving them an antennae. This allowed joint strike tactics between the PDF and Space Marines. The next solution came with new powersources for las weapons, and materials to repair and rearm the Space Marines. The empty rocket launchers were modified and reloaded with Tau missiles. Terminators had their spent cyclone missile launchers replaced with Tau missile pods.

Rearmed and reequipped, the Imperial Forces pushed the Orks back.

Imperium tech is ancient, ornate, and baroque. Tau tech is sleek, sexy, new and clean. These are not two systems that would integrate really well. Not saying it can't be done, but I think it would be a monumental task. Not a quick fix to slap on new parts. Also, as soon as you do this, you face not only Inquisitorial censure, but also the wrath of Mars, who do NOT like their tech being played with.

During the war against the Orks, a Puritan Inquisitor got word of the Astartes using Xenotech. He sent an agent to confirm this, and when it was confirmed, without their knowlage declared them heretics.

As was his right. The Imperium had declared the Star Saviors would have to make do with what they had, and the SS disobeyed that. Siding with filthy Xenos no less.

Rather than go to where the chapter was fighting, he went to their homeworld with several contingeants of Sister of Battle and four regiments of Imperial Guard. With the majority of the chapter gone, Alterius was quickly overwhelmed, and soon nothing was left to prove that it was their home world. All of this was done without the knowledge of the Star Saviors.

I understand the idea of wanting to vilify the Inquisitor by making him go behind their backs and kill their base and their innocent serfs when no one was around, but reality would be a little different. This has come up a few times in the past, and my position on Inquisitorial action against a chapter is as follows.

While Inquisitors are absurdly powerful entities, the the stark reality of the matter is a bit convoluted. While they have the power to cast an Astartes Chapter out of the Imperium, this is never done lightly, without the full backing of some of his fellow Inquisitors, iron clad proof of guilt, and solid evidence on his side. The complicated nets and weaves of alliances that each Chapter has means that they can't be simple excised for doing something wrong. First he needs proof, after which he needs to confront the Astartes in question and give them a chance to explain or justify their actions. Following that, they can take their evidence and decide from there. The idea of one man single handedly mobilizing huge crusades and destroying an Astartes homeworld is a little off. Practical power and theoretical power are complete different, especially in a place like the Imperium.

That said, I think the Inquisitor's first stop should be to confront the Star Saviors directly and ascertain proof of their guilt first hand, before committing himself to the huge task of banishing a Chapter.

Two months later, the Inquisition and his forces dropped out of warp around Galron and hailed Gavian. At first Gavian was overjoyed that the Imperium had finally sent aid to the brutal war. However, the Inquisitor demanded that the chapter drop its weapons and surrender, and explained what had happened to its homeworld.

Again, talk first, destroy world second. I get that you are really making the Inquisitor the villain, but I doubt the Inquisitor is that dumb. He would prioritize his threats and deal with the Orks and the Tau before hauling in the Astartes. Inquisitors are sworn to defend the Imperium after all, not let a world fall to annoy some Astartes they don't like.

Gavian was stunned, and realised that the Inquisition was not here to save the planet, but doom the chapter defending the Imperium. Gavian refused, and the Inquisitor began landing troops. However, Orks still surrounded the city, and the PDF and Space Marines held the only landing port and defense lasers left.

Again, prioritize problems. Orks and Tau first, Astartes using Xeno-tech second.

Knowing that if the Inquisition would act against the Astartes, they would also act against the PDF, the PDF diverted power to the orbital cannons and opened fire before the Inquisition began to suspect what was happening. This forced the landing troops to land outside of the city, making them easy prey for the Orks.

Now you have Guardsmen firing on Inquisition warships, in the middle of a war with the Orks? No Guard Commander would obey that order...

The resulting war did not last long, and soon the Inquisitor's forces were defeated. The Inquisitor decided to declare Exterminatus and destroy the world, but a Tau fleet, which was bringing new supplies, entered the system. The Inquisitor, deciding to return with more troops, withdrew.

Not just more troops, probably a whole battlefleet armed to the teeth and ready to purge the heretical scum of this world.

Gavian then met with the company captains, who met with their men, and decided on a course of action. The decision, except for the chaplains, was unanimous; the Star Saviors, who were betrayed by the Imperium they protected, joined forces with the Greater Good, and cast off their loyalties to the Imperium. Their loyalties were to humanity itself, not to the political body.

The problem here is that they were never betrayed, not in the sense that the Imperium views betrayal. They disobeyed orders and fired on the Inquisition. They will be hunted and hounded as renegades until they are dead.

The Chaplains were expelled from the chapter that they no longer wanted part of, and the rest of the Saviors joined the Tau, along with the planet. As a result, the Tau sent in ground forces. Within a year, the Orks were reduced to a mere fraction of what they were, and the Saviors left the world to rearm and regroup with a Tau army in one of their systems. They began building a new base of operations, and remade their loyalties.

Why would the Chaplains leave in peace? Astartes are the go-down-fighting sort, and if they saw their brothers turning away from the Emperor, I doubt they would hesitate to take up arms against them. The Chaplains aren't known to be a forgiving lot after all :) Perhaps make a point to mention that the Chaplains weren't expelled, they were destroyed to prevent further deaths in the Chapter? Also, you drove an Inquisitor away from the world after he declared Exterminatus on you. He is going to go back, round up a huge battle fleet, and come back and destroy every single scrap of land and citizen that your boys just fought a bloody war for. By firing on that Inquisitor, you doomed the planet, one way or another.

Since the merge with the Tau, the Star Saviors have cast off the restrictions of the Mechanicus, and began incorperating both Tau and Human techs. One such hybrid is the Dreadnaught XV-1. The Dreadnaught is armed with specially fitting jump packs, and is equipped with both Tau and Human weapons, including the Assault Cannon and Fusion Gun. It can also be equipped with Shield Drones.

See above for Human/Tau hybrid tech. Not impossible by any stretch, just a big chore :) Probably easier to just give them Tau tech and have them use that.

No longer believing in the Imperium, they now believe in the Greater Good of Humanity. They hate chaos, and hate the rulers of the Imperium, for they believe them to be just as corrupt.

Wait, they believe the Imperium to be on the same plane as Chaos? They really did swallow the "For the Greater Good" line.

Ok, so those are my thoughts :) I tried to go easy-ish and to offer suggestions to points that I thought needed work. This is a very good idea though, and I think Tau/Marines have a ton of potential. Definitely a lot of really good work here! Keep it up.

Thank you for those notes, and I will try to make my chapter fit in with them better.

Now, for the defense of what I had posted (so the idea is understood, though I will go back and make it sound better):

They understood that the Imperium had denied them, but were still hoping for the aid. It was not that they kept being denied that made them mad, but that the excuses changed. What REALLY made them mad was that the army could not be spared for the defense of the world, but it could be spared for the destruction of the chapter.

The plea for ammo went through via astropaths, so it did not require the communication devices that could be jammed, so they were all denied. I will add that in to clearify, thank you for addressing it :).

I know that Space Marines are taught to kill Xenos, and it is imbedded into their brain, and in fact, the 'Saviors have a long record of killing the Tau. I do also know of a few make shift "ceasefire mutual aid" situations when the situations are dire. However, I do love the idea that the Tau saved the chapter master, so I will try to make that fit.

Along those lines, Space Marines are also taught to abhor chaos, yet many turn to chaos for power. These people abhored the Alien, but turned to them for "The greater good."

About the tech, the standard gear for soldiers would still be what Space Marines are typically equipped with, and all of the Hybrid Tech is just expiramental. As for the boosted vox systems, those were fairly simple, and so not really an issue for the incorperations. Luckily, the Mechanicus were not around, or it would have been nasty indeed.

For the Inquisitor: Puritans are known to be ruthless and "no nonsense." Some will auto-judge anyone who just has a "glimpse" of guilt. I know that they do it to protect the Imperium, and in that sense did not betray the chapter, but from the chapters perspective they were betrayed.

He did not necessarily destroy the fortress monastary to get the chapter behind its back, he did it to insure that the chapters taint would not be able to be remade from a well defended base, and the best time to do it was when they were not defending the well defended base.

I will probably include on there how he demanded for them to go on a penitent crusade to redeem themselves, but they, who thought they did nothing wrong refused.

Where as most inquisitors would probably give them a chance to explain, I do know of a few cases when they just open fire on who they think are guilty (especially amongst the puritans). Also, this chapter is relatively young, and so their ties with other chapters are a bit weaker.

He did obtain the proof from his agents, then he acted on the homeworld, and then he confronted the chapter. After Gavian refused, he opened fire on them. The Inquistor's forces began landing where they thought they could, and they were forced to fight both the Orks and the Space Marines (who by this point wanted nothing to do with them).

The PDF forces who had been defending the planet saw that the Space Marines and Tau were helping them. When the Inquistors came and decided to kill who had thus far saved them, they decided to go with the people saving them. Also, since the PDF had been using Xeno-Tech along with the SS, they knew that they would also be held accountable for it. They diverted power to the defense cannons to prevent the Imperial Air Superiority.

For the returning, that is what I meant, but the will have problems returning with a huge battlefleet because the 13th Black Crusade will be heating up around that time, so all availiable forces will be heading that way. (Or at least, I am thinking about adding that in, but maybe not).

Yes, they know they will be hunted as traitors from now on, that is why they joined the Tau. They believe that the Imperium abandoned the world, so they abandoned it. (but not its people).

By expelled I did not intentionally mean they went peacefully, so I will add in how they were killed.

They believe the HLoT are on the same plane as Chaos, yes. They really did swallow it :P.

When I get home later, I will make these edits. Thank you for the feedback!

For the returning, that is what I meant, but the will have problems returning with a huge battlefleet because the 13th Black Crusade will be heating up around that time, so all availiable forces will be heading that way. (Or at least, I am thinking about adding that in, but maybe not).

Black Crusades took place on the other side of the galaxy. No forces were pulled away from Tau space to counteract them. It would be insane to drop all your defenses to put 1000 chapters, the entire Imperial Navy, and all the Guard Units to fend off one threat from Chaos.

They understood that the Imperium had denied them, but were still hoping for the aid. It was not that they kept being denied that made them mad, but that the excuses changed. What REALLY made them mad was that the army could not be spared for the defense of the world, but it could be spared for the destruction of the chapter.

Yeah, what I was getting at is that the Inquisitor wouldn't come all the way to the Warzone and just try and take on Astartes warriors to leave the world to die. They would defend the planet first, then make sure the other threats were dead, before taking on the Astartes. Even the most Puritan hard-line Inquisitor would still place value on the world. It doesn't make sense for this army to appear and then destroy the only hope the planet has. The Inquisition can be monstrous, but this makes them seem like ignorant butt holes.

Along those lines, Space Marines are also taught to abhor chaos, yet many turn to chaos for power. These people abhored the Alien, but turned to them for "The greater good."

Marines don't just turn to Chaos, they lured and then slowly, over a long period of time, swayed to Chaos. Or they are corrupted by it, as that is what Chaos does. Another possibility is that the Marines who turn are "broken" by the power of Chaos and their conditioning is destroyed. Using the example that marines turn to Chaos to justify marines turning to the far less insidious, addictive, and generally seductive Greater Good doesn't make too much sense.

For the Inquisitor: Puritans are known to be ruthless and "no nonsense." Some will auto-judge anyone who just has a "glimpse" of guilt. I know that they do it to protect the Imperium, and in that sense did not betray the chapter, but from the chapters perspective they were betrayed.

Even if they auto-judge, I think you underestimating just how significant of an event is for a Chapter to be declared Excommunicate Traitorous. It's HUGE. And because of the power and nature of the Astartes, they would always be given a fair-ish chance to explain, because the Imperium doesn't want another 1000 Super Warriors as enemies. You are jumping the gun on how the Puritan would go about things.

He did not necessarily destroy the fortress monastary to get the chapter behind its back, he did it to insure that the chapters taint would not be able to be remade from a well defended base, and the best time to do it was when they were not defending the well defended base.

See above. Destroying an Astartes homeworld is a huge deal with long and lasting implications for the Imperium. They wouldn't do so without having first discussed it with the Marines in question. Even the most hard-line Inquisitor would be aware of the implications and consequences of such an action.

I will probably include on there how he demanded for them to go on a penitent crusade to redeem themselves, but they, who thought they did nothing wrong refused. Where as most inquisitors would probably give them a chance to explain, I do know of a few cases when they just open fire on who they think are guilty (especially amongst the puritans). Also, this chapter is relatively young, and so their ties with other chapters are a bit weaker.

Point to an instance where the Inquisition opened fire without warning on a (Previously Loyal) Space Marine chapter. Yes, they wouldn't hesitate anywhere else, but the Astartes have special circumstance written all over them. Again, this should all be done after the battle is over and both the Tau and the Orks are dead, because the Inquisitor would be not be doing all this while a world was poised to fall.

He did obtain the proof from his agents, then he acted on the homeworld, and then he confronted the chapter. After Gavian refused, he opened fire on them. The Inquistor's forces began landing where they thought they could, and they were forced to fight both the Orks and the Space Marines (who by this point wanted nothing to do with them).

Again, why would the Inquisitor do all of this during a war. He would defeat the Orks and the Tau, then call the Space Marines to account. He wouldn't suddenly pick a fight on 2, possible 3 fronts if the Tau are involved. He's not a total idiot :huh: And again, I think the order is wrong.

The PDF forces who had been defending the planet saw that the Space Marines and Tau were helping them. When the Inquistors came and decided to kill who had thus far saved them, they decided to go with the people saving them. Also, since the PDF had been using Xeno-Tech along with the SS, they knew that they would also be held accountable for it. They diverted power to the defense cannons to prevent the Imperial Air Superiority.

And in doing so also killed all of their Commissars, who would definitely not stand for this wholesale betrayal of the Imperium? I understand what you are getting at, but the justification and the reasoning is still a little thin in some places.

Nope. Wrong side of the Galaxy for the 13th Black Crusade to have any bearing on the Fleet that will be coming. And remember, he might only need 1-2 Battleships to come and finish you. Imperial Battleships are ludicrously powerful and would have no problem destroying the world down to its component atoms. Which they would do, seeing as you did open fire on the Inquisition directly.

Yes, they know they will be hunted as traitors from now on, that is why they joined the Tau. They believe that the Imperium abandoned the world, so they abandoned it. (but not its people).

Even if they don't abandon its people, they resigned them all to a fiery death by firing on the Inquisition. The way of the Imperium is brutal and the fact that even the Guardsmen of this world have been tainted by your Heretic beliefs is MORE than enough justification for the Inquisitor to come and end your world. 500~ Space Marines and a few Tau allies are not enough to save this world from total destruction. Mainly because it wouldn't be an invasion that needed stopping, it would be an Exterminatus, which is much easier and more efficient for the Battleships.

More thoughts for you :cuss Give you something to keep you busy when you get back!

Black Crusades took place on the other side of the galaxy. No forces were pulled away from Tau space to counteract them. It would be insane to drop all your defenses to put 1000 chapters, the entire Imperial Navy, and all the Guard Units to fend off one threat from Chaos.

Errr...I thought GW used that as an explantion during the whole Eye of Terror campaign. That forces were being diverted to deal with the Black Crusade, and thus weakened the front against the Tau, hence the 3rd wave of expansion. I know the lexicanum mentions this, and that jibes with what I remember of the campaign.

Actually C:Tau says:

"The Imperium's forces were ill-disposed to meet this threat, the majority of the Ultima Segmentum fleet engaged in hunting splinter fleets of Tyranids from Ichar IV. It would be many months before any sizable force could be mustered."

Not a Black Crusade, but a common threat in the Segmentum was the cause of the dispersal of the fleet before the Third Expansion.

posted same on Astral Saviors

seeing as how you two are forging chapters to fiction

would it be fitting for me to join in?

if so should i add another space marine chapter

or start a renegade one aka Astral Stars?(mixing both names)

Ok, I edited it. The grammer might not be as good. I changed some aspects about the Inquisitor. He got a little smarter ;)

Well, tell me what you think :(

Edit: I will PM you about that Brother Michaels

• 3 weeks later...

This is a great ideal and has lots of potential, i like it :P Just a few Ideals

The Tau themselves do not use this hybrid technology, as they see it as somewhat backwards, but they will gladly merge their technology with the Saviors.

Maybe the Tau are just teaching the Techmarines/Apothecaries and thry are using their new found knowledge to improve current weapons systems and invent new ones?

The Saviors do not use railguns, however, as their energy sources are unable to handle the high power required to efficiently keep firing. In fact, the largest weapon seen on their vehicals was the Ion Gun.

Maybe the Tau are holding back with their more advanced knowledge until they prove their loyalty? They are not just going to hand over their most powerful weapons to anyone.

Maybe the Tau are just teaching the Techmarines/Apothecaries and thry are using their new found knowledge to improve current weapons systems and invent new ones?

Legitimate

Maybe the Tau are holding back with their more advanced knowledge until they prove their loyalty? They are not just going to hand over their most powerful weapons to anyone.

Railguns aren't advanced weaponery. In-fact it is such a simple technology that you are able to create one at home with the right knowledge. These won't be all powerful death machines though because of the need for higher quality parts than what would be possible from commonely available supplies, however they can still shoot the metal slug(Slingshot BB for example) across the room.

The problem lays with the fact that Railgun techonogies require vast amounts of energy that it is, atm, impossible to use them effectively in the field.

However, this is the year 40k we are talking about. The energy that is stored in a Space Marine's Power Armour is more than enough to be able to facilitate the needs of the weapons' systems. By producing a second/third energy storage system, it would be possible for a Space Marine to continually fire a Railgun by drawing from the power supplies of his own armour with-out the fear of draining it of energy while providing cool fluff/conversion opportunities.

That and the barrels of a Railgun will repeatedly overheat and fuse with the slugs after only a few shots when firing at the velocities required for penetrating thick armours.

Anyway, I quite enjoy the thought put behind this chapter. Cool fluff that just needs a couple of kinks worked out and the story ironed. Good job on it man, hope you continue with it.

Railguns aren't advanced weaponery. In-fact it is such a simple technology that you are able to create one at home with the right knowledge. These won't be all powerful death machines though because of the need for higher quality parts than what would be possible from commonely available supplies, however they can still shoot the metal slug(Slingshot BB for example) across the room.

Good point, but I didn’t just mean Railguns :lol: . Maybe it’s a case of you have to prove yourself before we give you more knowledge/resources/place to live ect ect…. Maybe the Tau are not being as open as The Saviors first thought. Maybe the have other motives for saving them? To destroy something or someone? To gain knowledge to create their own Space Marines? ;)

Actually the US Military already has a working Electro-Magnetic Railgun. Sure its as long as a warehouse, but it works.

There thread is officially derailed. ;)

Archived