Darkest_Angel's LPC Vow Complete

Darkest Angel

On the day of the 31st of March, I Darkest_Angel have completed the vow that I had undertaken. 10 Terminators and a Land Raider Crusader.

Without further adieu the pictures

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Azie/DSCN4942.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Azie/DSCN4943.jpg

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk177/Azie/DSCN4944.jpg

Comments and questions welcome!

P.S i know the LR is missing a hatch i can't find it and ordered a new one!

Yay for you indeed -_-. They look stunning. Take some more pics and send them to me -- I'd like them on thedarkfortress if you don't mind :).

Congrats on the completion of your vow.

Cheers

I

Great work man, the weathering on the Land Raider Crusader looks great, and the bases- including the snow effects have come out very well.

I really like the overall style of the army- with the reds and greens.

Well done,

-Cease

Thank you for the kind words, I'll take some more pictures on the weekend, im slammed with work and school at present time (surprised i got these done to be honest) Pm me were i can send them Isiah. The snow on the bases is because I'm doing a doubles tournament with my space puppy friend, and you know how those pups are with playing in snow! I do think it turned out pretty good for my first crack at snow.

Snow: mix 2 parts baking soda 3 parts pva glue (till you have a thick paste) in a container (I use jello pudding cups they're the perfect size and disposable, also i love chocolate pudding and bamboo skewers to mix you can also use toothpics or what ever else you want to stir with) apply more glue if to dry or more soda if to wet. apply that to the base, and then dunk it in pure baking soda to give the fresh fallen snow look (DO NOT TOUCH THE SNOW AT THIS POINT.) you will leave hideous fingerprints. Seal it with mat spray varnish i use purity seal from gw.

Weathering:

battle damage: I sponge on tin bitz, then boltgun and just dab mithril silver in the center.

Rust: Water down vermin brown about 4:1 with water 4 parts water, apply it liberally to what ever you want to rust. take some paper towel and try to remove it as if you had made a mistake, and you are left with streaky awesome looking rust.

Dirt and soot: Forgeworld Weathering powders, i use my fingers to put it on the tank and be very careful not to touch it after you have as it will wipe off, then seal it with the same spray as the snow.

Like everybody has already said the weeathering looks great, Also the snow bases look cool.

Archived