RavenGuard2010 LPC Complete!

ravenguard2010

Hi guys, it's been a tense last minute sort of effort with these guys, but I've just finished them...

Veteran Vanguard Squad Halcyon:

gallery_55821_5212_229269.jpg

Librarian Absalom

gallery_55821_5212_75541.jpg

Hope you like them, I'm going to have to get a game in using them soon I think!

Thanks for looking,

Rob

Awesome sauce :tu: I love the damage particularly to the white areas. Basing is spot on too.

:) now if I'm being honest I'm not so sure on the round style jump packs used in conjunction with the newer ones... I always think the round style ones look a bit crude to be honest – something about the fan vanes I think .

Lovely work RG2010!

The Vanguards turned out top notch, the mix of JPs looks much better painted than in the plastic which was my only worry when I saw your WIPs a while ago. The black/white scheme also works really well, they're clearly RG and clearly Veterans, I'm going to have a good long think about which parts of that scheme I'm going to appropriate for my vets I think. The white arm, black trim, white pad is very tempting...

The weathering and action poses also mesh really well, it's easy to see these guys as hardened fighters at the forefront of an assault :)

Cheers Iago, thought I'd try something a little out of the norm with the jump packs in that respect, saw it as veterans having developed a propensity for certain pieces of equipment. Glad you like them SCC, you're pretty much top Raven Guard guru on here, so I'm glad they get the SCC stamp of approval ! Cheers for the idea about weathering the black a little bit more like the way Brother Argos has on his marines too, really helped create that 'realistic' effect I go for. Also, I don't know about you guys, but I finish a model, put a photo on here and then notice stuff in the photos that needs work that I couldn't see on the model in my hand. Weird!

Yeah, the weathering looks pretty schmick on these guys, glad Argos' methods worked for you. As for the post a photo, notice a fault, yeah, happens to me all the time, that's why I post all those WIPs B)

Now, what's next on your list? Sternguard and a DP? Some sort of command squad? An apothecary would look boss in that battered white...

Cheers guys! Not sure what OSL is Verpine, sorry. SCC, I think I'm going to have to go and do the basic Tactical squads now. I'm so tempted to start on the Sternguard though, and I've already got a drop pod with them in mind.. Actually, hell yeah Sternguard it is next, I don't ever get to game so don't really need to worry on the troop choices thinking about it!

Archived