New Belial WIP

C&C welcome before I plunge slowly into painting, FYI his Sword of Silence will count as a thunderhammer ;)

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5029/5618236899_a89fb8049a.jpg

First time with Flickr and photos so bare with this old luddite :D

How ( in simple terms) do I just show images?

Lance

Thats the Huron Lugft model from FW, I actually have him sitting on my desk to begin that same conversion, I just havent had the heart to start cutting apart something that awesome looking.

Your Belial is looking great Stobz, cant wait to see him all finished up (so that I may or may not steal a few ideas from you... :huh: )

Are you planning on magnetizing him at all or will you just rock the sexy sword and shield combo (which btw is wicked DA iconography)?

Thats the Huron Lugft model from FW,

Well if I'm not mistaken it looks like Stobz as used the legs of Commander Culln of the Red Scorpions with the torso, head and arms of Lught Huron Chapter Master of the Astral Claws.

A very clever mix of the two great models :huh:.

Cheers

I

Very sneaky, I didnt even realize the legs were different! That is a nice mix, dont know if its the green stuff or what but the two look great together.

Nor did I. That is very sneaky... If I may ask, what is it about the legs of Lugft model you did not like or the legs of Cullen you did, Stobz? Maybe it was the codpiece and trappings? I do like the Cullen waist/groin part of the model for those, but I think I like the actual legs of Lugft, from the knee-down, better. They seem more knightly. Not that either wouldn't work fine.

Anywho, looking great. I love the Lugft shoulder pads. The astral claw symbol is great for the Dark Angels too as it incorporates that Lion's head, in honor of our Primarch, with a wing motif similar to the DA icon.

Perhaps the iron halo could be moved down to sit on the head rim so that the icon on his back is not as blocked or the two could be incorporated together somehow. Also, not that it matters, but Belial is always depicted as having a clean shaven head. For that, I like the Cullen head bette, though not completely shaven.

All just opinions of course, great looking model.

sorry I didn't reply earlier, need to sleep.

Thanks for all the positive feedback, yep he is a kitbash of Culln and Lufght with a sprinkling of GS and DA icons. I chose to useCulln's legs to keep him more 'unique'.

He is damned expensive for a 'single' model,about $65NZ :rolleyes:

EPK, I was thinking the same thing about the iron halo etc, I may try to move/mount it later to see if it will work better, at the cost I hope I can do the model justice..

Moridius, Due to the dificulty in cleanly cutting the sword arm I will leave it (and it looks wicked). I have magnetized the shield arm so I can reattach Culln's storm bolter if I get a WYSIWYG nazi.

Lance

Awesome model.

Just a minor point. Belial doesn't have an Iron Halo in the current codex, unless I missed something in a FAQ that gave him one.

No, you didn't miss anything, though that would have been a nice additional to an already great FAQ. I doubt anyone would argue the WYSIWYG factor on that. The conversion field is obviously disabled and it's just for show.

Awesome model.

Just a minor point. Belial doesn't have an Iron Halo in the current codex, unless I missed something in a FAQ that gave him one.

No, you didn't miss anything, though that would have been a nice additional to an already great FAQ. I doubt anyone would argue the WYSIWYG factor on that. The conversion field is obviously disabled and it's just for show.

True, true. I think it looks cool and will leave it on for when he gets FAQd, also rules wise 3++ from the shield negates the need to worry about 4++ from the halo :)

Awesome model.

True, true. I think it looks cool and will leave it on for when he gets FAQd, also rules wise 3++ from the shield negates the need to worry about 4++ from the halo :lol:

Unfortunately Belial still cannot take a SS without a TH, or has that changed. I am in agreement that the Sword/Shield combo is much better. I've a magnetized Shield arm just waiting to go.

Awesome model.

True, true. I think it looks cool and will leave it on for when he gets FAQd, also rules wise 3++ from the shield negates the need to worry about 4++ from the halo :D

Unfortunately Belial still cannot take a SS without a TH, or has that changed. I am in agreement that the Sword/Shield combo is much better. I've a magnetized Shield arm just waiting to go.

P, The beauty of 'counts as', I mentioned in my first pic that the sword of silence for this model was a counts as TH.

Damn, I guess people do think the same. When I first saw this model on FW, I thought: "Wow! It's will be my Belial with LCs". ;)

So I bought one, but haven't painted him yet. Looking forward on your painting of him.

Update, base coats done...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5303/5628292999_8f1e40f5c5_m.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5110/5628295093_098ae0340a_m.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5023/5628296811_05955cb00f_m.jpg

any C&C ?

Posting work in public is weird, both motivational and self serving but meh :D

Great model. Would love to see enlarged photo's of the finished product.

I've done a LC version using Brother Captain Stern as a base, but I want to make TH/SS version now, but really want a "large" model as a base, thinking of using one of the FW models. What was the resin like to cut/pin etc..? I am a bit anxious over taking a drill to bits of it.

Great model. Would love to see enlarged photo's of the finished product.

I've done a LC version using Brother Captain Stern as a base, but I want to make TH/SS version now, but really want a "large" model as a base, thinking of using one of the FW models. What was the resin like to cut/pin etc..? I am a bit anxious over taking a drill to bits of it.

Sorry the pics are a bit small, something in the process shrunk them, I'll do better next time :) .

With practice resin is easy, it cuts with a scalpel or hobby knife, for example I cut the two bodies off their legs by trimming gently all the way around on the line i wanted then once i was deep enough just put the knife in and pressed through. I still have the other halves in usable condition.

As for connecting resin to resin, it's so easy to drill and pin, I don't pin small models like this one, supa glue binds resin like rock so no worries there.

Lance

Wow! That is one nice kitbash. The two models blend seamlessly, and the Green Stuff looks excellent. Interesting color choice for the armor, though.

Cheers for the comment.

Yep, the colour choice is intentional to better contrast my RW black.

I use the twisted logic that my skull is a bone, therefore 'skullwhite' from GW is a bone colour ;)

Here is a pic of his command squad, magnatized arms and CML so this is todays loadout...

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5262/5629383140_c1da7b397e_m.jpg

Damn, I keep getting "shrinkage", you get the idea :)

Lance

If you can't host the files here without shrinkage see if you can post them somewhere else and post up a link. I'd love to see larger pictures. From this distance I really like your scheme but I can't decide if I want to copy it on my DW without seeing a bigger image.

Your paint job is awesome, Stobz! Belial looks great as well, and I really wish he had the option to have the Sword of Silence and a Storm Shield. The personal heraldry idea is great as well!

Thanks for the big ups BB.

Me too, I think SoS/SS is the coolest look around for the senior company master in the 'legion'.

Maybe he will get a different set of loadout options in next years codex :) Heres hoping.

LS

Archived