Revilers Chapter Master

araekyus

Taking a small break from my Mk6 and Mk8 obsession to help an old friend make his way back to the Emperors' Light. So, with a small budget and a frenzy of clippers, pin vice and glue, this is the result. Took me about half a day after the package arrived at my door. Rules wise he will be a counts-as Shadow Capt Shrike.

C&C most welcome as always. Enjoy!

gallery_35302_6005_267962.jpg

gallery_35302_6005_69186.jpg

gallery_35302_6005_170819.jpg

gallery_35302_6005_328426.jpg

I'll throw in my two cents on the claws. I think they look SCARY! In a good way. That first pic kind of makes you feel really sorry for the poor guy/alien/thing on the receiving end of that charge. Personally, I like it....alot. I may loot the claw idea for my Raptors version of Shrike.

I love him! Looks advanced, mean, and with some of the best combat gear around to boot!

Keep the claws, I like the oversized feel to 'em. Also, I've used the Company Champion pads and the same claws on a model before, too. Always looks good.

Well I'm the friend who araekyus is refering to..... B)

These are actualy some of the first pics of this mini that I've seen as well. When he told me about the claws he was using I also feared that they would be to big, but after seeing the finished conversion I love the look of them and the mini as a whole. The claws just look menacing!!! I think this is how a pair of mastercrafted lightning claws should look.

Now I cant wait to see it painted!!! :P

I don't think they are too big. It seems balanced by the extra weight and bulk of the jumpack and shoulder pads.

Can I ask, where are the plates on the back for the claws from? I thought they were dreadnought leg guards, but on a second look, I don't think they are.

Can I ask, where are the plates on the back for the claws from? I thought they were dreadnought leg guards, but on a second look, I don't think they are.

Unless I'm much mistaken, they come from the Blood Angels Furisio Dreadnought plastic kit. They normally fit on the Dreadnought close combat arms (picture).

Ludovic

Those arms would look great on a termi though.

There is a reason for that... they are from one, the claws at least.

They are pretty monstrous. But I think it works well enough. Perhaps to balance it out, you could mount him a little higher on the base, like he's bounding off a stone or something. I think it would give the illusion at least that they are not as giant since the claw itself wouldn't be nearly as close to the "ground".

hehe thx for the kudos all.

i will most likely change the base to something with a little height to it (appreciate brain jolt EPK); the base was handy at the moment.

The parts list for this Capt is: Grey Knight helmet, Company Champion shoulder pads, BA Furioso Dread arm shields, chaos termie lightning claws, BA Sanguine Guard jump pack, and an assault marine torso and legs. also used was alot of guitar wire for pins and hoses.

his paint work will be started soon; will be posting it up when done of course :wacko:

That is sweet :D one question though, where's his Iron Halo? I thought Shrike had one, might be wrong though :$

oh wow yeah, your are right. haha, well, looks like i need to add some more little fiddley bits.

Archived