Dark Angel Dice

Candleshoes

Due to some of the excellent and unique dice sets I have seen people with lately, I thought it might be a good time for some Dark Angel love. Thanks to the wonderful people down at Chessex, I put in an order for some dice worthy of the Lion.

They sent me some pics of the Test-Dice.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/DSCN0274.jpg

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p113/Darkbeastman/DSCN0273.jpg

Is the Dark angel sign on the 6 or the 1? cause it annoys me when the "cool" side is the one that result in a failure pretty much all the time. (attacks, save, plasma...)

Check the number positions on a normal dice – you'll see the 'cool' side is indeed the 6.

The chapter symbol is on the 6 (all the more to infuriate your opponent with when rolling well!).

I went for 30 of them, and it came to about 20ish bucks. The price rubric makes them each cost less the more you buy.

**hint hint, we should do a Dark Angel forum order for cheap prices when our fabled new book comes out in the next year and a half to two years. Works out to about 40ish cents a dice when ordering bulk.**

How do they get away without GW coming knocking on thier door? Is it because the sword is not broken?

actually the broken sword is the only bit of IP GW could make waves about. Since the winged dagger/sword is the regimental badge of a very famous british army regiment.

Did you only get them green? Black and Bone would be cool as well.

While true about the winged sword being used by many as a symbol, THAT PARTICULAR winged sword design is very much an issue of IP. For any sort of mass production, the styling needs to be generic, otherwise GW would very much be within their rights to ream Chessex for IP violation.

http://www.prestigenumismatics.com/ekmps/s...5B2%5D-23-p.jpg

http://www.kellybadge.co.uk/images/P2E890.jpg

Yeah, those don't look quite so much like the Dark Angels symbol. Best stick with something similar to those, a design of your own, or something from the public domain. Just some friendly advice from somebody who has already dealt with this sort of thing. :D

Count me in if you guys want to buy a bunch of those. PM me or stuff. Would be cool to do it defore a new release tho. (waiting after gw is rage-inducing (I played necrons, wishing they 'd update it for a while(but i do know they are suposed to come soon now(GOD I overuse the brakets )))

I got some custom DA dice years ago, also from Chessex but used the speckled green dice.

They're primarly green, but have black speckles on them and look amazing. Sadly the Legion symbol is on the 1 side, but they're my most used dice set

Hi peeps! i actually have some DA dice that a very good friend sorted me out with- not sure if they are chessex or not, any how they are awesome- infact they are deathwing- bone white dice black 1-5 and then a red DA winged sword for the six and heeeellllllllllllllll yeah when those six's pop up and give your opponent a metaphorical slap in the face it is fantastic!! woop woop. do it guys get the dice of the lion to help you out. gotta love the DA.

Yeah I know, I'm not a Dark Angel, but I've got to ask - Candleshoes, did you ask the guys at Chessex to make those dice? Because I've checked their website and can't find a link to where one could create those them.

I mean, they look incredible, and I'd like to have some of those in BA colours/symbols for me.

I hope this has not come up already or makes any inconvenience. ;)

Snorri

Archived