Converted AOBR Captains

Thanks guys,

I like the guy with the plasma pistol and sword best. Good show brother I might have to convert one.

Cheers, there are two, my fav is the one with hair. He's how I imagine Captains, calm and collected in battle, just determination to get the job done,

Cheers,

Jono

P.S. having no need for this many captains, PM if anyone is interested in any of them....

I really like the look of captains 5,6 and 9.

5 has that really artistic and "heroic" feel, and to me captures the image of what a space marine is.

9 - to me, it works well with 5. Whilst 5 is the stylised and artsy image of a spacemarine - noble and heroic, unflinching in the face of battle - 9 shows the grim reality - a heavily augmented and not so 'noble' veteran warrior.

6 - well, it just screams "Iron Hands" to me, with the bionics and the hammer

My favorites are two and the third to last one.

The second one I like since I can see him facing the enemy general and ready to die honorably (if necessary ;) ).

And the other just gets noticed for lightning claws which I always fall in love with.

But overall good job on these captains. :D

• 1 month later...
Terminator heavy flamer arm, what looks to be a tac marine bolter left hand flipped upside-down, and I have no idea where that head came from.

The command squad champion.

Very nice! I particularly like #2.

BINGO!!!!

Its great to see these guys getting some attention again. When I first saw that captain, my immediate thought was "I wonder how many different weapons could I get onto him?" Then I set to it, rule of cool in mind rather than gaming legality/effectiveness. That flamer was a commission for a guy making a Sternguard squad out of these captains.

Again, having no need for so many captains, PM if you're interested in one, or would luke one made up as I still have a bunch of unconverted ones left.

(I'll edit in if any go)

EDIT: I've not glued the torso's to the models so that they can be pulled apart to make painting easier :END EDIT

Cheers,

Jono

• 4 weeks later...

Archived