First Sergeant of the 2nd Compagny, Victor of Artois, the Count's "Back"

gallery_16134_6187_260292.jpggallery_16134_6187_51880.jpg

2nd Compagny's Champion, Hubert of Artois, the proud

gallery_16134_6187_23972.jpggallery_16134_6187_159891.jpg

Apothicary Raynaud de Flory, Grand Master of the Lazarite order

gallery_16134_6187_85212.jpggallery_16134_6187_288688.jpg

Knight Gilbert of Artois, the good

gallery_16134_6187_175618.jpg

Count-Captain, Robert is on it's way through the painting table and will be poste in this thread once finished

Comments and Critics are welcomed

God save the queen............. and all that! :D

These are great, very knighty! I really like them, they have that medieval feel. I assume that's what you were trying to achieve?

Nlead

Very nice. What codex are you using for these good guys?

thanks! As they are Imperial Fist successor, I plan on using them with the Normal Codex : Space Marine. the Captain leading them will be a count as Sicarus.

nlead, Yeah I'm going for a very "crusader style army" each squad having it's own heraldry, even if each indivdual marines wear the color of the chapter giving them the feeling of the crusading nobles of the crusades.

i'll post photo of the 3 squad I have this weekend.

Here are the promised photo

the first Squad I'vd done for that army:

Squad Olivier de la bourdonaye

gallery_16134_2973_457291.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_264425.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_386226.jpg

they were quickly followed by

Squad Guillaume de Beaumont

gallery_16134_2973_466957.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_11153.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_123166.jpg

and for the LPC I finished

Squad Henri II Clement

gallery_16134_5802_95467.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_213418.jpg

gallery_16134_2973_172349.jpg

Viewing the photo in that order make me realised how much I progressed since last year.

Comments and Critics are always welcomed

Bsides the mold lines, these guys are amazing. :)

yeah I kind of figure that during the painting and was too lazy to correct those. Next ones will be filled.

thanks for all the great comments, I'm currently doing the Captain and it will be post when finished.

The painting is great and has some really interesting and different details. I love how original the theme is; Even though I thought the crusader theme had been done every way possible it's still so different!

The painting is great and has some really interesting and different details. I love how original the theme is; Even though I thought the crusader theme had been done every way possible it's still so different!

thanks again,

I'm actualy trying (and perhaps succeeding) to make them look like the real crusaders were, a bunch of knight who wants to flash there heraldry in battle. :D

I'm progressing on the captain, the fleur the lys on his cape takes forever to make!

• 2 weeks later...
Wow, nice work. I really like the color scheme and the throwback to the knights of old. I've been toying with the idea of doing something different with my Black Templar Crusade. I'm not really a huge fan of straight black. If done right, it can look fantastic...unfortunately, it takes entirely too long to get one guy done. My hands aren't as steady as they once were, and the fine grey line highlights are a pain in my A. So, I'm thinking more along the lines of what you've done....maybe a really dark "iron templar" look, so I can shade them. I've only got four of my guys painted to Black Templar table top standard, so it won't be a stretch to redo the bulk of my army. I've purchased a Krylon Metal paint and have begun the transformation on an old school dred and old school (extra) rhino. We'll see how a new color scheme works out. Thanks for the inspiration...I won't take too much of your idea, but it's nice to see others out there that are more minded like me in my backwards ways! Cheers mate!

Very nice choosing green for your apothecary.

When I had my Black Templars, all my marines had brown or black tabards. My 'knights' (termis, command squad, EC, and so forth) all had white tabards, and my chaplain had a green tabard.

Good call using the color tabards like the Knights Templar did (Seargents wore black/brown, knights wore white, and clergy wore green).

Very nice choosing green for your apothecary.

When I had my Black Templars, all my marines had brown or black tabards. My 'knights' (termis, command squad, EC, and so forth) all had white tabards, and my chaplain had a green tabard.

Good call using the color tabards like the Knights Templar did (Seargents wore black/brown, knights wore white, and clergy wore green).

in fact I was thinking of using other faction of the crusader as "sub-order" within the chapter. the green being the main color of the Military and Hospitaller Order of Saint Lazarus of Jerusalem, making it a logical choice for the Apothicarion members.

I was thinking of Using the purple of the church for the chaplaincy and might be the addition of ermine to their coat of arms (traditionnaly reserved for the clergy)

philsminions : thanks, feel free to use what ever you want in this army (you could even do another army of the "order of St-Gregory" if you want, just keep in mind the squad marking is the heraldry of the sergeant). As for the "dark iron" I use boltgun metal and a heavy wash of baddab black (30 second to make :) )

chaplain belisarius : you guess right!

thanks to you all! it's very appreciated

• 4 weeks later...

Here is squad Pierre 1st of Britain. Pierre 1st is a skilled warrior and a very pious man. he has been choosed to pass the ritual of self-denial in order to become a chaplain. this honor gave him the right to include a quarter of Ermine upon his coat of arms. Even though he failed the test he is still very considered among the knight of the second company. This failure however, gave him the nickname of "Mauclerc" wich in the local dialect of Naticav IV means bad priest.

For further details about The Order of St-Gregory you can consult the Index Astartes article in the Liber Astartes

gallery_16134_6380_597007.jpg

gallery_16134_6380_389276.jpg

gallery_16134_6380_318738.jpg

Pierre 1st of Britain, Mauclerc

gallery_16134_6380_8553.jpg

Comments and Critics are welcomed

not quite sure of what you ask Rafen_2 if your seeking fluff about The Order of St-Gregory you could find the Still WIP Index Astartes articles inside the Liber astartes : Here

if you're asking if you can do space marines of the order, then yes. Do me this honor :D

not quite sure of what you ask Rafen_2 if your seeking fluff about The Order of St-Gregory you could find the Still WIP Index Astartes articles inside the Liber astartes : Here

if you're asking if you can do space marines of the order, then yes. Do me this honor ;)

I was looking for that link you posted thanks! I don't want to steal your idea I was just saying my original chapter was going to be like that until I changed my Chapter fluff.

There's a fair bit of dark angel iconography in there that could be snpipped/filed off

well... being very chivalrous, the order of St-Gregory have a special trend for sword. Any "more than average" sword is almost consider as a relic.

Archived