REPENT! For tomorrow you DIE!

Hello All. My first army was Foul Xenos Scum from the far galactic east down by ultramar which i can't talk about here.

My second was Sorcerus Heretic Scum anyway yesterday I traded some old second edition books i had lying around to a local guy for a Land raider Redeemer and 10 "Devastators" (Really just 10 marines all with heavy weapons, there's no proper bolter men to fill out the squad in it.

Anyway Since I play Thousand sons already and my Girlfriend plays the roll of the "Wolf" in our house... I thought hey, complete the Trifecta of hatred... Thusly "For Caliban And For the Lion"

I being the wonderful boyfriend i have gave all the Missile Launcher Marines to the GF for Long Fangs....

and I let her keep the land raider too on the promise that when she can afford it she will get me some 40k of equivalent value.

So here we go with the first WIP shots.

I tried for the first time to sculpt robes with GS I don't know if it turned out horible or not but hey gotta begin somewhere.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/evileyeball/Dark%20Angles/IMG093.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/evileyeball/Dark%20Angles/IMG094.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/evileyeball/Dark%20Angles/IMG095.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/evileyeball/Dark%20Angles/IMG096.jpg

Always good to have your woman interested in the hobby. Not terribly bad, not terribly good on the robes. Perhaps use a thicker 'sheet' of Green Stuff next time? Also, it may seem like you need to thin out your paints a little bit, judging on what the Plasma Cannon tip looks like.

yeah the tip is bad, I was most concerned about convincingly pulling off the plasma coils, but then again I'm not the greatest painter that ever lived, in fact i bet my skills are on par with several adolessent chimpanzees. but thats beside the point

Yeah Solid, It is nice, She watched me playing some games and said "I want something to do that is physical and with my hands like painting figures, can i help paint yours?"

and i said or if you want you can get your own army, to which she thought and then took a look at all the codecies.

Her top three choices (Most of which were not unexpected for a woman [no offence to women])

Which Hunters(SoB)

Eldar

and Space wolves

With her settling on the last one because sisters are all metal, expensive and due for a redo in the range. And wolves appealed to her more than eldar.

Thus our house became the burning of prospero 24/7 I swear if our Warhammer models were in toy story her models would be attacking mine on a nightly basis.

update, I added some details to the plasma cannons today, and have started work on the robed torso-legs combo you see above.... Will post updated pictures in the morning as it's 2:45 here and I'm not taking them now.

also Where I would like to see this army going is All the Places my thousand sons Can't Or won't.

So this has me wanting the following units and restrictions for the DA force

No Librarians

And some mix of the following

Chaplain

Cyclone Missile Launcher

Razorback

Attack Bike

Whirlwind

Land speeder

Scouts

Tech marines

Venerable Dreadnaughts

Apothecaries

Drop pods

Non dreadnaught Plasma Cannon

Also I'd like to find a way to work 14 fair sized banners or vehicle hulls into the list, Each would have printed on it 1 complete Stanza of "The Dark Angel" by Lionel Pigot Johnson

I figured the DA might use it as inspirational words.

Where to fit it though so that at 1850 it all would be on the table.

Yeah Solid, It is nice, She watched me playing some games and said "I want something to do that is physical and with my hands like painting figures, can i help paint yours?"

MARRY HER. NOW.

Anyway, I'd agree with Zaku on the robes, if I get around to trying them myself I'll go for something a bit thicker as well.

Insomniac I've been with her for 1 year 2 months at this point, so it'd be a little fast to be doing the asking at this point, but I can see myself in future with her as a wife. FYI more pics to come soon

Pics of the Plasma cannoneer I just finished

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/evileyeball/Dark%20Angles/IMG099.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v236/evileyeball/Dark%20Angles/IMG100.jpg

More to come C&C welcome

I want to put some more details on his back pack before i call him truly done

Robes are cool, but I think they'd be cooler if you let a little leg show. It wouldn't have to be much, just a little reveal to break the outline and add some detail. If you think about it, Space Marines have to have room to move their legs, so a split or two for range of motion would make sense. The DA robed legs have them up the middle, but they could be on the sides if you're worried about looking different.

Just a thought.

• 1 month later...

Update on the RW BATTLEFORCE

Hi all, So far I've assembled the 6 bike chassis' and attack bike chassis excluding the bolters and front shield which will be dificult to paint behind if assembled prior to painting.

I have put a magnet in the seat of each bilke and so far assembled 1 biker with magnetized crotch.

Magnetized the Heavy weapon bar on the Attack bike

Magnetized the heavy bolter and the MM for the A-bike

Magnetized Two Plasma guns and two flamers

also a power weapon and a power fist with eyes on doing 2 more of each

Partially assembled 1 robed biker with a magnet on one arm and a magnet in his crotch

Assembled the torso and arms of the attack bike gunner

Anyone know any nice kits that come with 1 or more melta guns in them? I need some meltas for bikers see, yeah

The plan is once i have all the bikes assembled and the bikers assembled to spray them black, Highlight and paint as necessary

Then to magnetize myself the landspeeder so i can Tornado, Typhoon, Samael it.

• 7 months later...

also to Insomniac above, The Wedding is August 24th 2012.

And today she got me an early birthday present with some inhearatence money she got from her father, Another RW battleforce which i am expected to pay half for upon recipt of my next paycheque.

And today she got me an early birthday present with some inhearatence money she got from her father, Another RW battleforce which i am expected to pay half for upon recipt of my next paycheque.

;)???? another BF?...er i mean GETTING MARRIED?? big gratz mate!!!

Its the pups that take up all the time IMO......

Grats on the wedding bro,four more days and we could have done a double party,its my birthday at 28 :sweat:

Archived