Novamarines

apologist

New Beginnings

IMG_1461.JPG

The existence of the Alien is a problem with but one solution; extermination. When Mankind is alone in the cosmos, only then will we have achieved our destiny

attr. Chapter Master Lucretius Corvo of the Primogenitor Chapter Novamarines, at their Investiture Address during the Valediction of Macragge; M32.

The adoption of the Codex Astartes was met with relief from many Imperial circles, representing nothing less than the submission of the Astartes; and their tacit adoption of the roles of Guardian and Protector, rather than Conqueror and Crusader. With the Great Scouring a fresh memory, and many members of the newly-formed Second Founding Chapters hard-bitten Veterans of the Horus Heresy, the Chapter Masters began to search for new objectives.

Some – amongst them the Astartes Praeses and Imperial Fists – chose to continue to pursue the Treacher-Legions, harrying the Eye of Terror and punishing vehemently even minor incursions into Imperial space. Others sought to harry the Xenos, who had become resurgent since the abeyance of the Great Crusade. Species that had been forced near-extinction had not spent the seven years of the Astartes Conflict idle. Rather, they had regrouped, re-armed and were massing at the borders of the Imperium. Whole systems struggled to survive while the Astartes were deciding the future of humanity, and they desperately required humanity's protectors.

Amongst those that answered the clarion call were the Novamarines. Led by the zealous Chapter Master Lucretius Corvo, a hard-eyed but idealistic warrior late of the Ultramarines Legion, the Novamarines struck hard and fast; their fleet spreading in a great diaspora across the Eastern Fringe. Adopting the Codex Astartes' tenets, each Company became more or less autonomous, a fortuitous happenstance, as each was cycling on near-continual Xenocidal campaigns.

IMG_1463.JPG

Squad Tuborg

IMG_1465.JPG

Equipped with Godwyn-Daez pattern boltguns that include numerous plasma-caster attachments, and supported by a Heavy Flamer, Squad Tuborg is vicious in a firefight.

Combat Squad Jericho, Squad Tuborg

IMG_1466.JPG

Mostly equipped with Mark IV armour inherited from the Ultramarines Legion, a number of ex-Ultramarine members elected to keep and maintain their relic armour, including the Mark II and Mk V suits pictured here.

Scale shot

I'm pleased with how the Terminators came out – it occurred to me that I hadn't done a scale shot, so here you go:

IMG_1469.JPG

I was aiming to get the sense that the marines would fit inside the Terminator suit without major reconstructive surgery(!), so I've aimed to bulk them up rather than make them much taller. Neverthless, the use of Obliterator lower legs and Grey knight uppers, combined with the larger shoulder pads has added a good couple of millimetres to the eyeline.

These guys are nearly there – they are awaiting some accent colours, weathering and the Chapter Symbol being added; but in the meantime, I've got my Sons of Horus to do!

IMG_1452.JPG

Great to see more of your work!

Agreed!

Upon seeing your Novamarine Terminators in the Badab pic thread, I've been looking forward to more. I'm loving the writing sprinkled throughout as it really makes your logs enjoyable. Looking forward to what you'll bring next! :D

Ta very much, chaps -_-

Alternative head for Sergeant Jericho

IMG_1286.JPG

Originally, this fellow had a bare head with a rebreather, but then I decided that an all-helmeted force would allow me to use the Badab War ship-to-ship fighting rules from Forgeworld, so he got a helmet. Since I had the shot anyway, I thought I'd post it up. :)

Mmm... blurry

Some more pics of the Terminator squad:

IMG_1475.JPG

IMG_1476.JPG

IMG_1477.JPG

just curious as i'm thinking of a truescale force. how much money goes into parts for a squad?

Well, it depends on the bits you want. You can make five by buying a Terminator squad and a combat squad; so you're looking at whatever that costs in your region. However, it's generally more cost-efficient to buy just the bits you need; from ebay or bits services. I'd estimate you could make a squad of ten for £35 or so; or less if you swap some bits with your mates.

but erm, shouldn't this thread be in the finished models section, or are you still working on these models?

Very much WIP – look at those cold dead eyes, blank shoulder pads, and fresh-from-the-forge armour. They need batterin' up! :D

Archived