random power armour wip stuff

sioka

This is a thread for any of my w.i.p commission work that is power armour.

First off some sculpting work done a while ago now, the brief was for Spartan Warrior style marine torsos for Iron Snakes.

gallery_58523_6432_208684.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_100633.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_20890.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_132881.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_63354.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_516793.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_263002.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_209981.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_75500.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_25938.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_253034.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_131802.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_27722.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_116500.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_116321.jpg

These are some Grey Knights in the process of getting a table top paint job

gallery_58523_6432_223415.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_122999.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_135070.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_803624.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_711918.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_52671.jpg

gallery_58523_6432_258695.jpg

ninja out.... :)

Wow sir, impressive GS skills youve got.

gallery_58523_6432_209981.jpg

BTW how did you sculpt the rivets under the chest cause i cant managed a good way to do them in that small size?

They seems top rounded,are they?

Thanks in advance and waiting for new update

Thanks for the nice comments every one :P I figured that it was about time to start a thread for stuff I have done for other people.

I am impressed with the torsos, not easy to get them that neat or with such minute detail. I take it you will cast them.

I would say that the 'abs' on the first one do look a little skewy; not as crisply lined as the next two.

These torsos are from a commission so were a one off for a client and are based around the G.W plastic version so it would be against the law to cast them for resale. I was toying with the idea to make some completely from scratch without any worry of I.P clash and casting them up, if there is a market for it I may just give it a go as there are a lot more designs in my sketch pad for me to sculpt.

Hmmmm those abs are twisted off centre a bit but my client was very happy with the end result. The reason they are not as sharp as on the other peices is so they look more like a traditional Spartan Hoplite body armour.

BTW how did you sculpt the rivets under the chest cause i cant managed a good way to do them in that small size?

They seems top rounded,are they?

Thanks in advance and waiting for new update

There are many different ways of getting them to work, for this I used a very very thin roll of pure Green stuff that was just mixed. This was cut in to tiny pin head peices and pressed on to the sculpt and given a quick tidy up with a clay shaper.

;)

Your work looks great! I like the paint job as well, and I planned on black blades and your work on those is awesome.

For rivets I have always used a mechanical pencil to stamp them on, they are the right size already, and just require a few taps to flatten out the top and sides. The key is...a wet tool...always the answer to every problem lol.

Keep up the good work!

Yeah, I really should get around to doing something with those torsos soon. Problem was they're too good for me to use for just the old rank and file, so I've been trying to think of a suitable project!

Loving seeing more of your work, and to anyone thinking about a commission, I can't recommend Sioka enough, he's really skillfull, creative with your brief and very reasonably priced.

:D

Those are some seriously nice sculpts on the torsos! I was going to use Sanguinary Guard models for Vanguards and Sternguards. But you have inspired me...

I have to ask though. Is that regular Green Stuff? And if it is, do you add something to it to make it more plyable? Or something with it? Because I concider myself to be fairly experienced with modeling putties, and I can never achive something so smooth or detailed as your work.

CTK

Good to see you are still sculpting. You are the Leonardo of 40k. How did the truescale marine turn out? What is most amazing to me about your work is the precision of the lines. That's some mighty high tabletop standard on those grey knights as well. I am happy to see your stuff again.

Thanks for the compliments guys ^_^ , the sculpting stuff is a mixture of different putty depending on what I'm using it for. The torso bits have Milliput and Green Stuff in different amounts either mixed together or not.

Here is a picture of the Grey Knights finished :-

gallery_58523_6432_319156.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

:o Wow I wasn't expecting that! Thank you all for the kind words of praise, sorry for being so slack in my response! Sadly the past couple of months have been very busy with lots of things going on...kinda like Ferris says "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop to look around you could miss it"

Hey Sioka,

Just wondering how you are set for time at the minute and whether you'd be interested in discussing another project?

Hope all is well and keep up the good work!

WotF.

Hello WotF, hows those Snakes coming along? As for another project... definatley yes mate! send me a P.M with some ideas

I missed this thread first time around so am going to take the chance to chime in here. ;)

Superb work on those torsos mate, absolutely love those. ;)

Thanks Doghouse, out of all the stuff I have done the torsos were the most fun to sculpt

The Grey Knights are one of the best i have seen in a long, long time!

Thanks Dinks and also a very belated thank you for pointing me towards the works of Philip Sibbering... a total revelation and also a great help.

This isn't sculpting, this is certainly some manner of sorcery.

ssssssssssssssshhhhhhhhhhh.... dont tell everyone its supposed to be secret :confused:

How much do you charge for commisions? per say 5 tactical chest pieces?

Hello Alex567, drop me a PM for details mate.

Archived