Pre-Heresy Blood Angels

Lestat

Howdy folks,

I picked up 2 of the Forgeworld Mk.III Boarding Marines at Games Day and have spent a couple of hours working on them. I decided to build one as a Captain with thunderhammer and storm shield - basically as it came in the pack, but with one or two embellishments. The other became the start of a Techmarine as I thought that the Mk.III armour lends itself well for a priest of Mars.

Anyway, on to the pics.

gallery_36289_4629_2652893.jpggallery_36289_4629_1190912.jpggallery_36289_4629_3169762.jpggallery_36289_4629_2964451.jpggallery_36289_4629_2072268.jpg

Still got some WIP to do on the Techmarine. He's going to be fitted with a servo-harness which I "borrowed" from another techmarine - just got to make some adjustments to the arms in order to fit the techmarine better.

I've got a couple of other models I'm also working on to go with my pre-heresy Blood Angels. I won't spoil the surprise by telling you what though :rolleyes:

Any C&C is more than welcome!

Well heres one of the other models I picked up at Games Day - Mk.1c Deimos Rhino.

Still got a couple of bits to do - tracks, ram and various detial bits like smoke launchers and then its ready for undercoat.

Enough rambling - heres the pics.

gallery_36289_4629_34288.jpggallery_36289_4629_3060695.jpggallery_36289_4629_2767767.jpggallery_36289_4629_997140.jpggallery_36289_4629_3187128.jpggallery_36289_4629_2405747.jpggallery_36289_4629_1882426.jpggallery_36289_4629_2222242.jpg

I must say, this is a pretty nice kit - well worth getting if you are bit of a Heresy nut like myself!

I have to admit the mk1 rhino kit is ace, i want one!

I was tempted to buy 2 and convert one into an old-school Razorback with a turret - but I didn't have enough money at the time :)

I do however get a bonus this month from work, so that might be going towards another Deimos :P

I'm going to order some Forgeworld Blood Angel etched brass so I can add some detail to the rhino - along with a second one for a Razorback conversion!
I wish FW would make chaos etched brass... :devil:

Ummmm........they do. Theres a Khorne one and one for Renegade Militia which is easily usable for Chaos undivided.

Ummmm........they do. Theres a Khorne one and one for Renegade Militia which is easily usable for Chaos undivided.
I meant for stuff other than Khorne. I remember looking at the Renegade Militia one and wondering how I could use it, though. It doesn't seem all that usable for Chaos Undivided.

They look good.

Thanks!

I dig the hatch mounted bolters.

They are pretty nifty - they will be "counts-as" stormbolters.

I wont be ordering another Deimos this weekend - they aren't available on the website yet :HQ:

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy folks, been busy on my pre-heresy project (see link in sig for my blog)

Here's some pics of what I've been up to.

My Furioso Contemptor with Blood Talons.

gallery_36289_4629_2405952.jpggallery_36289_4629_151035.jpggallery_36289_4629_1365699.jpg

Mk.2 Assault Squad

gallery_36289_4629_1376023.jpggallery_36289_4629_224225.jpggallery_36289_4629_1495471.jpggallery_36289_4629_2491449.jpg

Very WIP test model for Mk.4 Sternguard

Still need to resculpt the knees and if that goes well, build four more.

gallery_36289_4629_3181712.jpggallery_36289_4629_1714084.jpggallery_36289_4629_2144410.jpg

Any C&C is more than welcome.

Your running stern guard looks really good. I will be looking forward to see them painted. I was wondering where you get the boarding marine. I have seen a few of them around on B&C, but cant seen to find them for sale.

Your running stern guard looks really good. I will be looking forward to see them painted. I was wondering where you get the boarding marine. I have seen a few of them around on B&C, but cant seen to find them for sale.

Thanks - I'll be building a few more running ones and a couple of more static ones taking aim and firing.

The Boarding Marine is an event only model which you can only get at events like Games Day or Forgeworld events. IF you are willing to pay out over double the price fro one, you can find it on ebay - unless you are really lucky and stumble across one going cheap :P

Made some more progress on the Mk.4 Marine today. I've resculpted the knees to something more akin the Mk.4 armour.

First up, pics with bolter.

gallery_36289_4629_131741.jpggallery_36289_4629_713840.jpg

And some without bolter.

gallery_36289_4629_12474.jpggallery_36289_4629_349970.jpg

The two kneepads are not exactly the same. I need to do a little work on the left kneepad as it seems a little larger thn the other.

Very cool, those knee pads are only missing the little stud that goes in the center, well done though.

Ashton

Ummm.......I don't know if we're singing off the same hymn sheet here, but none of the pictures I've studied for the Mk.4 Maximus armour has a stud on the kneepad.

I'll have another look at various sources to see if I have missed the stud. If I have, I've got some small plastic beads somewhere which would probably work well.

Very cool, those knee pads are only missing the little stud that goes in the center, well done though.

Ashton

Ummm.......I don't know if we're singing off the same hymn sheet here, but none of the pictures I've studied for the Mk.4 Maximus armour has a stud on the kneepad.

I'll have another look at various sources to see if I have missed the stud. If I have, I've got some small plastic beads somewhere which would probably work well.

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Power_Armour

About 1/4 of the way down, those little silver circles on his knee pads are studs. I used .5mm steel ball bearings on mine to replicate it;

IMG_5565.JPG

Little hard to make out, but if you look on the knee you can see the stud.

Ashton

After looking at your link, and studying various reference pics I have (the Forgeworld Mk.4, Chaplain Cassius, the AoBR Marine with Mk.4 legs) and a quick search online, there seems to be no definitive yes or no answer to whether I should put the studs on the kneepads. In fact, there seems to be slightly more without the studs on the kneepads.

I think i'll leave the studs for now - otherwise it means drilling out recesses to drop the studs in.

After looking at your link, and studying various reference pics I have (the Forgeworld Mk.4, Chaplain Cassius, the AoBR Marine with Mk.4 legs) and a quick search online, there seems to be no definitive yes or no answer to whether I should put the studs on the kneepads. In fact, there seems to be slightly more without the studs on the kneepads.

I think i'll leave the studs for now - otherwise it means drilling out recesses to drop the studs in.

I was just going by what is in the SM codex, shows the studs there.

Ashton

Archived