Lifesize Bolt Pistol

Inquisitor Hexx

I've been working on making a life size bolt pistol for about 6 weeks now and finally finished it up!

It's about 12 inches long, 10 inches tall, and 3 inches wide weighing in at around 6 pounds (I haven't actually weighed it yet, but it's solid resin and has real heft to it! You could easily club someone to death with it when you run out of ammo <_<)

This is supposed to be the personal sidearm of a Cadian officer, hence the color scheme.

Also, the side details (the winged skulls) were cast separately so I can make different versions without having to rework the main gun body.

http://forgeright.com/pics/boltpistol/IMG_0481.JPG

http://forgeright.com/pics/boltpistol/IMG_0482.JPG

Hope you like it!

I think i spot a Nerf Maverick buried in there...

Good catch :(

It's actually just the handle from a nerf maverick I cut off and attached to the model to save myself a little time.

Now if I could make one of these that actually shot nerf darts, that would be epic :whistling:

I think i spot a Nerf Maverick buried in there...

Good catch :(

It's actually just the handle from a nerf maverick I cut off and attached to the model to save myself a little time.

Now if I could make one of these that actually shot nerf darts, that would be epic :whistling:

Exploding Nerf Darts but then you can get in trouble for that. But it would be lifelike.

Very nice, some good work there.

Does the fact that the distance the bolt shell travels inside the pistol cant be more than 4 inches bother anyone else? Not knocking the model, but fluff wise that would make it wildly inacurate.

Being that the bolts are self-propelled which doesn't ignite until it leaves the barrel I'd think unless each bolt is perfectly weighted & balanced that's a potential problem no matter the barrel-length.

Very nice, some good work there.

Does the fact that the distance the bolt shell travels inside the pistol cant be more than 4 inches bother anyone else? Not knocking the model, but fluff wise that would make it wildly inacurate.

It could be a fluffy way to explain why a bolt pistol only has a 12 inch range on the table top.

Also, to the OP, fantastic work. It would be great if you made one that could actually shoot (not actual bullets, of course).

so is this a part of your costume this year?

Believe it or not, no lol. It's just something I always wanted to have and finally got around to making it :D

you still have time to put together a pimp inquisitor constume

Archived